Status: Keep it or Forget it?

Just One Mistake

Wake Up Call

Him

The ice rink. That is where my friends and I are. They wanted to go ice skating. This is where it all started. Not this specific ice rink, that ice rink is back in Poway, California, but this is where I met her. This is where it all started. I was goofing off with some friends from the hockey team, and I hit a girl in the back of the head with a puck. And it was a hard shot. She turned around, and gave me the death glare. I felt bad so I skated up to her and asked her if she was alright. She curtly told me she was fine. I felt so bad though I insisted on buying her some hot chocolate. After much pleading she agreed. We talked, and got to know one another. By the time we left the rink we were friends and had plans to hang out another day. That was in sixth grade. The worst choice I have ever made was made in junior year in high school. Now if I was still in school I would be a sophomore in college. A lot of time has passed since these events, but they are all I can think about. So here I am playing a friendly game of hockey with Cameron, Michael, and Nathan. These guys are my best friends and band mates. I did make them lose one friend, and for that I am eternally sorry. So I take a shot, and it hits a girl right in the back of the head. Deja vu. Then she turns around and glares at me. The glare I know all too well.

Her

College. A time for love, happiness, fun, the last times you can act like a kid, and the best times of your life. Or that is what they say at least. Love, for me, yeah right. I already found my one true love, and it got shoved in my face. My heart still isn’t healed, and it happened four whole years ago. I always told my friend I couldn’t ice skate so I wouldn’t have to relive all the memories. The memory of when we first met, and pretty much almost all of the others due to the fact that we always went to the ice rink. But they just wouldn’t stop. They insisted. Here I am the place I hoped never to return to again. They tell me to wait for them to get on the ice so they can teach me how to skate. I ignore them and get on the ice anyway. They are a tad annoyed I lied to them, until I tell them why I lied, considering they know the whole Zach story. A look of understanding fills their face. We are skating and messing around when someone hits me in the back of the head with a puck. I turn around with a intense glare on my face, and when I see who hit me my glare becomes more intense.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit and short description credit to Maroon 5