On The Other Side Of The Mirror

On the Other Side of the Mirror

"Aw, Lexy!"

"No! No, no, no, and no! Lexis or Alex. If you can't say that stick with Alexis."

"Whatever, someone has no sense of humor..."

"Don't start with me."

Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Who's that?"

"I don't know I can't see into the future."

"Bite me."

Michael walks to the front and looks through the curtains.

"Shit!"

"What? What is it?!"

"Cops."

"What?! Shall I have to hide?!"

"There's a hidden laundry shoot behind the boxes in the hall up stairs. Go now!"

I run up the stairs and into the hallway already out of breath for unknown reasons. My whole body was shaking with excitement fear.

Michael's POV.

I open the door wide enough for the officer to see in a little, and lean on the frame of the door.

"May I help you, Sir?"

"Have you seen a girl with unusual hair and clothes? Because we have reason to believe she's in here."

He gasps, "In here, why would you think she's in here?!"

"Don't play, boy is she in here?"

"Who?"

"The girl!"

"A girl? In here?"

"Yes!"

"Yes?"

"Yes?!"

"Oh no!"

The officer tried of my games pushes me aside. He searched the house and all I could do was hope he didn't find that girl. When he didn't, he left. I let out a sigh of relief and loosen up a bit. I make my way up stairs and to the old shoot. I open and yell down there.

"You okay down there?"

"Peachy," she muttered.

I couldn't help, but snicker.

"Hey, don't you laugh at me up there! Woooh, you make me so sick!"

My POV.

"Ugh, how am I supposed to get out of here?"

"There's an other door in the wall down there open it up and pull yourself back up."

"Great."

After I got up the shoot, I found Michael in the kitchen.

"Thank you so very much for helping me."

"No problem."

"I meant helping me up the shoot."

"Oh... OK? Anyway, food's ready. I suppose you're staying here right? I mean even if you didn't won't to, you kinda have to, huh?"

"What is with you?" I said putting one hand on my hip. Then, something clicked.

"WHY aren't you so worried about my appearance or where I came from?"

"Because."

"...I'm waiting."

"I-- I really don't know, I'm just not."

He admitted with a sheepish smile leaning back in his chair.

"I guess I just found you interesting..." he said.

As his chair landed on all four legs, and he looked up at me. I quickly darted my eyes to the floor, then back at him. He was still staring. It made me uncomfortable.

"Could you please stop that?!"

"Stop what?" he asked, releasing me from his demanding stare.

"Never mind," I mumbled.

He just snickered to himself.

"Ugh. So, what's for dinner?"

"You have a choice between Jack Rabbit stew, or chicken."

"Erm... chicken please."

Michael prepares dinner and places a bowl of stew in front of me.

"Oh... goodies," I thought.

I didn't really eat it, at least not right as far as Michael was considered. And then, it was night.

"Hey, do you have some extra clothes I can borrow I'm going to take a shower. Oh, and by the way were exactly am I sleeping to night?"

"One. You can borrow some clothes. And two. You have two choices. Either with me or on the floor."

"There's no third choice?"

"I'm kidding, you can use Sophia's room... she's never here anymore anyway..."

"Sophia, who's that?"

"Weren't you going to take a shower?"

"Fine. So where's my clothes?"

"Follow me."