On The Other Side Of The Mirror

On the Other Side of the Mirror

“Where are you taking me?”

I asked as Michael dragged me by the wrist past crowds of people.

“To my special spot,” he replied, not looking back.

“Special spot?! Is that where guys take people to get laid? No, I guess people from this time aren’t THAT perverted,” I thought to myself, laughing.

“What’s so funny back there?” he asked.

“Oh, nothing, nothing at all...” I said still snickering to myself.

“Well, we’re here!”

“Where? Here? At the park? The park is your ‘special’ spot?” I asked raising one eyebrow.

“Yeah,” he said pulling me down to sit next to him under a tree.

“What you think I was taking you? Somewhere to make-out?”

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. “I stand corrected,” I thought out loud.

“Wow, somebody’s dirty, glad to see you like me like that?” he said with a smirk.

“Excuse me? What do you mean like you like that?!”

“Well, it's obvious you're interested in me...” he said the cockiness In his voice growing.

I let my jaw drop, “You think I like you?! Not even!”

“You don’t have to hide it,” he said with a impish smile.

“Ugh, you're so full of yourself.”

I get up and walk over to the lake and squat down to dip my hand in the cool water. It was crystal clear way to clean for the polluted park. I knew... I sigh and wonder "Just where the hell was I?"

“Hey.”

I turn my head and fall backwards when I see Michael right there in my face. I let out a yelp as I hit the water. I stand up waving my arms and wheeling like a girlie-girl over dramatically. That’s when I heard Michael laughing his ass off.

“You think it's funny? Do you?!”

I grab him by the hand and pull him in. He was too busy laughing to defend himself.

“Hey!”

“Now, it's funny!” I said laughing.

Then, he splashed me. And, of course, like we were a couple of kids we started a splash fight right there in public. After 5 mintues Michael stopped.

“We should go before the cops come,” Michael said laughing.

“You're right,” I said panting.

Michael helps me out of the water and I lose my balance, but Michael caught me supporting me.

“You, OK?” he asked.

“Fine,” I gasped.

"Are you sure? You look kinda pale-- Hey! ALEXIS?!”

“Huh?” was all I could say before everything went black...