On The Other Side Of The Mirror

On the Other Side of the Mirror

He raises up the sheets fall off of him. I feel my face turned red, I could see his bare chest...

“What was that for?” I asked losing the edge in my voice.

“I just couldn't help myself, you looked so cute there staring at me,” he said with a smile.

Once again he left me dumbfounded, and in less than 5 minutes!

“I can't believe you-you're... okay.” I say not finishing my sentence.

“What, you can't believe I'm actually this good looking?” he smirked.

“Ugh. No, I can't believe you're this stupid!” I yelled. “Michael, you just got SHOT! And, and your hitting on me? Aren't you the least bit worried about yourself?”

“No,” he answered simply.

I stopped and looked at him. He had that same smothering look he had that day when I asked him why he wasn't worried where I came from. And, he had answered back because he found me interesting. I inhaled slowly and waited for him to say something.

“I was worried... about you.”

I was speechless.

“Someone had taken you and I didn't know who. When I found you, you were blindfolded and tied up. I had no idea what had happened, or if they did anything to you. To make matters worst, the last thing I remember before passing out is you screaming out my name in horror. When I awoke again you had a gun in your hands.”

Tears formed in my eyes and I couldn't hold them as they ran down my cheeks. Then, I hugged Michael careful, not to hurt his shoulder. I just wanted to be held at that moment.

“I'm so sorry” I mumbled into his chest.

He chuckled, “It's okay, now shhhh, you need rest, you've been through a lot.”

I closed my eyes and shifted my weight so I didn't hurt Michael and fell asleep in his arms listening to his light breathing.

Three months later.

“Piggy-back ride!” I shouted jumping on Michael's back.

I had been with Michael for three months now, and no, I don't mean 'with' Michael. I soon got more comfortable with the environment and the longer I stayed here, the more my memories of my real home got to be blurry.

“Hey, I was thinking about maybe taking you out to celebrate.”
“Celebrate what?” I asked.

“It's almost been 4 months since you've been here, and I just wanna show you that I'm glad I know you,” he answered back.

I smiled and gave him a hug, “Thanks.”

“Well, is it okay if it's tonight? I know it's short notice, but tonight I'm sure I can get in touch with Sophia and Allen.”

“Okay, that's fine with me,” I said smiling.

Allen was a timid 16-year-old boy who had rented a room at Michael's place. He usually keeps to himself, but can be really sweet at times.

Michael and I walked back into the house.

“I would suggest that you start getting ready now... you know how you girls can get...” he snickered.

“Yeah, whatever,” I replied going up stairs.

I walked into my room and looked under my bed. I pull out a box and dusted it off.

I pull off the top and take out my jeans and shirt I arrived here with. I sigh and head to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me, and turn on the water.

After I took my shower, I dried my hair and put on my clothes. I did my make-up and sprayed some light spray on, then went to my room. I grabbed my earrings, and put them on. Then I went outside. Down stairs was Allen.

“Hey, Alexis, you look nice.”

“Thanks, Allen,” I smiled, “So where's everyone else?”

“Well, Sophia is on here way, and Michael should be down any minute now.”

Then, Michael comes down the stairs.

“Wow, Michael, you look nice.” I said.

“Thanks,” he replies with a wink, “So, let's go! I'm so ready!”

Then, there was knock on the door.

“That's Sophia now, let's go.”