Status: oneshot; completed;

Just Because

devotion should be owed not earned;

“Come now, you silly goose. I’ve got something for you.”

Ben struggles against me, tugging at my hand from his wrist. “Noooooo. My darling is in dire need of my attention!” he squeals, trying to rush back to his drum set. I roll my eyes and let go and quickly grab his waist as he makes a mad dash away from me.

“Ben, please. What on earth? Come on.”

“No!” he yells defiantly, struggling in my arms. I wrap them tightly around him nevertheless and hug his small body to my chest.

“This is important.”

“My darling is important! She’s got hole in her bass!” he yells, pushing. “Lemme go, John!”

“No.”

He turns ‘round in my arms and pouts. “What do you want that’s so bloody important?” he grumbles finally, tugging on my nose ring.

I huff and kiss his forehead. “I’ll show you. Now will you please?”

I pick him up and he immediately latches his legs around my waist, clinging to me. “HELP! I’m being kidnapped! John’s going to take me to the woods and have his way naughtily with me! ” he yells in Simon’s direction, giggling. I chuckle. Such a silly boy. Man. Well… he acts more like a boy if anything. Simon runs over and tackles us onto the ground, grabbing Ben from my arms.

“Run Ben, run! I’ve got him!” Simon yells, pinning my arms to the top of my head. Ben scrambles up and runs in the opposite direction.

“Argggg. Geddoff you idiot.” I growl, toppling him backwards and scrambling to my feet. “Oi! Gustav! Grab that brat running past you!”

Gustav looks around and sees Ben hiding behind him. “Don’t let him get me.” Ben squeals.

“I don’t think so.” He laughs, catching Ben by the arm and pulling him towards me.

“No no no no no! Fraser! You’re the sensible one! Don’t! He’ll eat me!”

“Yeah, the only way he’ll eat you if it’s inside out.” Fraser snorts, going back to tuning his guitar.

Ben blushes and smacks the back of Fraser’s head as Gustav drags him past. “Shut up, you pervert.”

Fraser scowls and rubs the back of his head. I walk over to them, but two steps before I get to them, Simon’s gone and tackled me to the ground again, shrieking at the top of his lungs like a banshee. I clamp a hand over his mouth and shove him off. Ben is struggling against Gustav, wailing for him to “Get the hell off”.

“Look, John just wants to show you something. Alright? No need to get your panties in a bunch.”

Ben stops struggling and wailing and stares at him, wide-eyed. “You know what he’s going to show me? How come you get to know?”

“Because I’m awesome. Now shut up. Honestly man.” And with that, he shoves Ben, sending him tumbling back into my arms. I clasp him to my chest tightly.

Gustav rolls his eyes and grins, nodding his head. I grin back and pick Ben up again. He latches to me once again like leech, putting his chin on my shoulder looking backwards. I can just imagine that puppy-dog face he’s giving the rest of the band. Thank God I can’t see it, otherwise I’d put him down and leave him be if I saw it.

I carry him out of the studio and towards my car.

“You are going to take me to the woods and fuck me senseless and do naughty things to me, aren’t you?” he accuses, pushing backwards and looking at me, pouting.

I laugh. “Only if you want me to.”

He cheeks tint pink and he pinches my nose. “You dirty old man.”

“I’m not that old.”

“Are too.”

“I’m twenty-seven for criss’sake.”

“Exactly.”

“Oh shut up.”

He giggles and settles back in my arms, hugging me with his chin on my shoulder.

You see, Ben and I have been… “seeing” each other lately. We’re not exactly a couple. Neither of us have actually asked each other out or kissed each other. Sure on the cheeks, but not on the lips. I want to. Which is why I’m taking him to the park now. We’re going to have tea and I’m going to ask him. I know it’s completely lame and everyone does it. I know it’s cliché, but it’s Ben, you know? He’s the kind of guy that likes those things. And I want everything to be romantic, just the way he likes it.

“Where are we going?” he asks, bouncing happily in his seat.

“Somewhere. You’ll see.”

“John Taylor, you’re so full of secrets.”

“I know.” I grin, winking at him, and starting the car.

When it registers in his mind where we’re going, he cheers. “The park! I love the park! Did you bring bread for the ducks?”

“Yes, it’s in the back.”

“Good. I would be quite upset with you if you didn’t.”

I love how simple he is. How charming and adorable and sweet he is. How he never thinks of himself before anyone else. How humble he is. I love the fact that he’s always been my best friend and the one that will always listen to me. I love that he’s got that cute, pointy nose, and the scruff on his chin and cheeks that make him older, but younger at the same time. I love his laugh and his voice. I love his gorgeous, dark eyes that always seem to dance and reflect mischief. I love everything about him, because that’s what makes him Ben. That same man I fell in love with seven years ago.

When I park, he hops out and scrambles to the back, yanking the door open. He looks at me questioningly when he sees the basket. I smile gently and shake my head, handing him the bread bag. He takes it and runs off to the lake, eagerly feeding the ducks.

While he’s distracted, I set up the blanket and everything else. It’s about six, so the sun’s setting a bit. I walk over to him and put a hand on his waist. He looks up at me and grins, going back to feeding the small, quacking creatures.

Satisfied with their meal, they waddle off and wade back into the lake.

He stands up straight again, and looks across, watching the sun. I smile and pull him into my side. He leans towards me and I kiss the side of his head. We stand there for a while until I take his hand in my gently. He looks puzzled, but I smile, and walk back to where I’ve set everything up.

He squeals when he sees everything.

“Oh John, you’re so sweet.” He gushes, plopping himself down. I sit across from him and eat with polite conversation. When we’re finished, he puts his stuff down and looks at me expectantly. He’s got a crumb on his cheek. It’s so cute.

“So? What are we here for?” he asks.

I reach over and brush the crumb off, smiling. “Well, Ben. So as you’ve noticed, we’ve been… a lot closer than normal.”

He blushes and looks across the lake. “A bit, yeah.”

“And, you probably know this already, but, Ben, I really like you.”

“I-I really like you too.” he murmurs, smiling at me shyly. “Are you here to ask me to be my boyfriend? Is that why you’ve taken me here?”

I laugh. “Yes, I suppose so. So? What’s your answer?”

“You haven’t asked me properly.” He teases.

I scrunch my features slightly, and roll my eyes playfully. “Alright, fine. Ben Jolliffe, I think you’re the most amazingly adorable person I have ever met. You’re my best friend, and you always will be, and nothing will ever change that. I care about you, and love you very much, so I’m asking you right now, will you be my boyfriend?”

He grins cheekily and crawls into my lap.

“I honestly thought you would never ask me. But I’m glad you did.” He smiles, kissing my cheek and settling down in between my legs, laying his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him from behind.

“Come on Ben, you’ve got to give me an answer. You’re making me anxious and I’m breaking out in cold sweat.” I urge, kissing the top of his head, smiling.

I already know the answer, but I want him to say it anyways.

Ben takes my hands in his small, but roughly callused hands and snuggles closer. “Yes, you romantic, impatient brat, I will be your boyfriend.”

I can’t help but laugh out loud and roll my eyes.

Love is as simplistic as Ben’s name. It doesn’t have to be complicated. You don’t have to go to great lengths to show someone that you love them. If they truly love you as much as you love them, a simple, I love you is all they need to know.

Only you determine what you're worth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
I know you're just like, "WHOAAAAAA." When you see that. x] But you know, I think that that picture should be out there... just because... -coughs-
x3 I will not lie. I sat and gushed at the picture for a good twenty minutes.

Just a simple little oneshot.
Nothing too overly rated like... 'x'. Lmao.

SO.
I have.
A story of how this oneshot came to be.
And if you're interested, you can read it, but otherwise, you can just scroll back up and press the comment button and give me a stupid comment.
Kay? :]
SO.
I was surfing around on weheartit and I found the picture that I had used for the layout. When I had seen the picture, I knew I had to write something about it, so I went to my subscriptions on contests that I had to do, and looked for one I haven't done yet. I found the British Bands Contest that I had yet to do, so I decided, oh hey, might as well. So I went and tried to decide which pairing I had wanted to do. I wanted to do something with Gustav in it and with John and then Ben. John is my favorite, so I wanted to use him, but I didn't want Gustav in it with John, because then it wouldn't be cute. Then I wanted something with Ben, because that would be cute, but Gustav and Ben... everyone uses Gustav, so I decided, "Hell no. Let's do Ben and John." So after months hours of surfing around on every Young Guns website I could find with pictures (includes Myspace, Tumblr, etc.), and THEN. I hit a jackpot. The picture above. I just had about a cow when I saw that picture and was like, "HOLY CRAP. LET'S DO THIS." I was so pumped because of that picture. xD
And you have to admit. They're insanely cute together. I think at least. x]
Now. The whole story itself was simple, and just like John said, Ben is simple. Of course, so I made the layout something simple, plain white, you know? But it's not like I threw the layout together in a minute. I took time to do it. The last line in the story is from Sons of Apathy, and so is the chapter title. I couldn't decide what to use for the chapter and story title itself. I was trying to incorporate Young Guns as much as I could, but obviously, as you can see, I failed when I used Funeral Party for the story title. Hah. Because... Gustav Wood isn't exactly the kind of guy to write lyrics that are all blunt and, "I LOVE YOUUUUUU." Yanno?

This might not be my best work, but I do like it, and I thought I should take you through the whole thought process of making this, because this story isn't like any of the other ones I've ever made my whole career as a writer.

Anyways.
I took a lot of time making this story in it's entirety, and I'd like feedback.
So comments would be nice.
As shitty as this may be.

xo,
K

#nowplaying: There Will Be Rain - Young Guns