Status: done debating on a second one or not.... tell my what you think.

To Hell and Back, Literally

Paintball

“You look good tonight, son.” Lucifer said as we ate. There had been pleasant conversation up until now. Nalani grinned. “Anxiety picked it out.”

That’s a band bandana, correct?” Nalani grimaced. “Yes, it is.” I gave him a confused look.

“The demons wearing bandanas band. I was a part of it. Burns was the main singer.” I nodded. “So, what do you plan to do tonight?” Nalani’s eyes flashed through his bangs. After a month I was finally having an easier time seeing whether or not he really was angry, or just being sarcastic. This time he really was mad. “Why, Lucifer?” he asked in a deceptively calm tone. Lucifer shrugged. “No reason, just being curious son.”

Then he turned to me, and gave me a thoughtful look. “Why do you put up with him?” I barked out a surprised laugh before rolling my eyes. I saw Nalani relax and smile slightly out of the corner of my eye.

“He’s not normally like this around me. Sorry.” I grinned at Nalani as he brushed his hair aside the moment to give me a fake scowl that had me laughing again. He sighed finally, turning to Lucifer and studying his dads face. Something passed unspoken through them, I could feel it, and then he said harshly

“Paintball. We’re going to play Paintball.”

“Anxiety’s out! Nalani! Me and you is all that’s left!” Chairlos, Amy’s boyfriend, called, before disappearing into the trees. I jogged to the gates where everyone but them two was standing.

“You stayed in a lot longer than I thought you would.” Jester mused. I rolled my eyes. “Jee, thanks.” He laughed. “Well, I didn’t know how good a shot you where!” I was about to retaliate when I felt something hit my ass. I howled, spinning as Nalani dissipated from the shadows, laughing.

“Sorry, I just had to do it.” He bent his head to kiss me, and I pushed him away playfully. I knew that if he wanted to, I wouldn’t be able to get away from him, and my hardest hit wouldn’t even phase him. He rolled his eyes, hooking his thumb in one of mt belt loops and pulling me to him, under his arm.

“Who won?” I asked a split second before a scowling Chairlos came storming into the clearing. I gasped. He was covered. covered in orange paint. It looked like it hurt.

“Oh MY Gosh!” I gasped. Nalani let out a booming laugh I’d only heard once or twice, throwing his head back and letting his hair fall where it may, letting me get just slight glimpses of his high cheekbones, sculpted nose and chin, and curved eyebrows. He dipped his head suddenly and I felt his lips on my temple.

I won.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so GUESS WHAT!? after this chapter *points up* that one right there people, BECCA HASN"T READ ANYTHING! so that means that she's as cluless as you are! HA! just thought you wanted to know.

oh, and Becca, I owe you skittles for helping me the other day for remembering Nalani's eyes when I couldn't remember... thanks chika :)