Status: Active

Forget Last Summer

Summer '05

“Come on, wake up, we were supposed to be at Zack’s like a half hour ago. Cara’s been calling me like crazy,” Acey woke up Brody from the couch she passed out on. Acey was already dressed, wearing her new clothes from yesterday. Brody sat up and stretched, she looked over and saw Roxie was eating a bowl of cereal.

“Wait, what?” Brody didn’t remember falling asleep. Her red cup, still half full with vodka and coke, her brain pounded and her vision still a little blurry. She tried to stand up but fell back down, Acey and Roxie giggled.

“Someone’s still fucked up,” said Roxie before taking another spoonful of her cereal. Brody flipped her off, held her head in her hand and looked up at Acey with a frown.

“Stop spinning,” her voice came out raspy and tired, almost even whiny and Acey rolled her eyes. She pulled Brody off her couch, Brody wobbled on her legs and Acey helped her upstairs, then up another flight of stairs to the bathroom.

“Can you manage the shower while I go find you clothes?” Brody nodded, her eyes closed half way and a small smile fell on her still drunk lips. Acey laughed at her friend and watched Brody disappear into the bathroom. Brody stripped herself of all her clothes and pulled her hair out of its elastic band prison. She turned the water on, let it warm up to her liking before staggering in.

Acey brought up clothing for Brody, set it right inside the door and went back downstairs to call Cara. It was going to be an awkward call. “Acey, dear, where are you? Zack called and said they’re about an hour behind schedule but we have some things we need you to pick up.”

“Well Brody’s in the shower now but what do you need? We’ll pick everything up before coming over.” Cara listed off all the party supplies and food they needed, Acey wrote them down and the conversation ended. Acey raced downstairs, where Roxie was doing some last minute touches on her make up.

“Yes?”

“They’re an hour behind,” Acey almost yelled, feeling like it will be forever until she sees her boyfriend again. Roxie groaned and set her mascara down.

“If they’re going to be like this after ever tour, taking forever to get home, I might reconsider my choice in boyfriend.” Roxie joked and Acey laughed, agreeing with the same joke. They finished getting ready, Acey cleaned up the mess they made and Roxie rolled a blunt for later. Brody came downstairs with her hair in a towel dressed n the clothes Acey set out.

“I’ve never worn this shirt with these shorts before,” Brody commented and Acey laughed. Brody still stumbled around and went through her bag. She pulled out her floral boots she bought from yesterday and pulled them on. She took off the towel from her head, went to Acey’s dresser where her hair dryer lay, still plugged in. Brody started on her hair as Acey started telling her the plans for today.

“First we have to go pick up a few items at the store for Cara, then we’re going to Zack’s house, there will be a small party of us and the boy’s parents, siblings and all that. Then the boys are going to, and I quote from Jack, ‘rest’ and there’s a party over at Lisa Ruocco’s. Although, I’d rather not be there and just spend the night with Zack he’s making me go.” Acey’s face deadpanned for a minute before Brody started laughing loudly.

“You’re going to get a room alone at that party with Zack,” was her comment, Acey stared at her not amused and Roxie laughed from Acey’s bed.

“Yeah, Acey, I think Brody’s right. Don’t go for the bathroom again, I almost peed from laughing.” This time Acey blushed at the memory of the time her and Zack were making out in the bathroom, Roxie had burst in and they fell into the tub. Roxie was laughing and Acey and Zack were tangled in arms, legs and shower curtain. And at this moment, Roxie felt the need to explain this story to Brody, making Acey more embarrassed.

“Okay that’s enough,” Acey lit a cigarette staring at her friends with a scowl and Brody apologized, Roxie just rolled her eyes.

“Sour puss,” Roxie smiled and it got a tiny smile out of Acey. Acey and Roxie waited for Brody to finish getting ready, sharing the cigarette between them on Acey’s bed and Brody straightened her hair. Once Brody was finished getting ready, the three girls set off to Zack’s car that she was still borrowing, leaving Roxie’s car at Acey’s house. First they went to the local grocery store where they picked up various snacks and desserts, plastic-ware and paper plates. Acey paid as the two other girls made fun of various celebrities on the covers of the gossip magazines. Once they were done there they drove back to Towson to the Merrick’s household. Cara greeted them warmly, hugging Brody and telling her she’s blonde again.

“Yeah, I am, thanks,” Brody smiled awkwardly before dragging her bags upstairs, with the help of Roxie, and sat down on her bed. It was still the same color scheme as last summer. It just screamed last summer. Roxie looked at Brody and knew something was up but didn’t ask. She didn’t feel like intruding on the poor girl’s personal thoughts. Then after a few minutes of silence, Brody got up and the two went downstairs. Acey was sitting on the couch, texting, with her leg nervously jumping up and down.

“What are you nervous to see Zack or something?” Brody asked, wearing a smirk on her lips, as she sat down next to Acey and Roxie opted for the Lay-Z-boy. Acey shook her head and sighed.

“I’m just anxious. I could have like,” she lowered her voice, “cigarettes right now if I could. Zack’s barely texting me. I’m getting more out of Jack. His mom’s driving and she’s currently yelling at him. It’s actually kind of funny,” she laughed and so did Roxie and Brody.

“They’ll be here soon, eat all the food in sight, Rian and Roxie will kiss and cuddle. You and Zack are going to disappear for a few minutes, maybe an hour. Jack will tackle me into a hug,” the three girls laughed at that one. Roxie blushed when Brody mentioned her and Rian. Acey rolled her eyes at Brody’s accusation that her and Zack would disappear. But Brody didn’t mention Alex because they all knew nothing would happen. He’d either ignore her and be a bitch. Or she’ll ignore all of his greetings and “I’m sorry’s” and “did you get my calls’”?

Of course he’s sorry. She’s sorry too. But they won’t admit it out right to each other. And she got his calls just like he got her calls. They’re messed up and they both know it. But they won’t admit it, no, that will deflate their pride. The three girls waited a whole hour until Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth came over, along with Rian’s mom and step-dad and Cara screamed seeing the van down the street. The van that held the boys and Mrs. Barakat, a car behind them with Mr. Barakat, Joe and May—Jack’s older siblings. The girls got up from the couch and joined the families outside.

The van pulled up and instantly four boys jumped out, Jack being first and he attacked Brody, the other boys hugged their parents first. Then Zack grabbed Acey and kissed her fiercely. Rian snuck a kiss at the side of Roxie’s mouth, trying not to gather too much attention to him. Jack was telling Brody about all of his adventures and how his mom is sick of him. Alex stood with his parents, stealing glances at Brody but didn’t go over to say anything. He didn’t know how to approach her.

The party was moved from the front yard to the backyard, the dirty boys jumped into the pool as the girls sipped on water on the chairs. The parents all talked and mingled, Mrs. Barakat said it was the Merrick’s turn on their next tour. Brody complained about how bright it was out and Acey and Roxie both laughed but each boy looked to them. “Why are you laughing?” Zack asked looking at them skeptically. Jack and Rian ended up stop trying to splash each other to hear the story. Alex watched from the other side of the pool, his eyes on Brody but darting away every time she would notice.

“We suspect she’s still drunk,” Acey explained and each other boys looked at Brody before laughing loudly at her.

“Shut up! Stop being so loud,” she groaned before throwing a ball at them, it hit Jack in the face and everyone started laughing at him. For the next two hours or so it went as this: the boy’s played in the pool, tried to get the girl’s in, managed to get Acey to jump in after Zack, Brody let Acey borrow some of her clothes for the party later, they ate some food, Zack took some beers from the cooler and started a little pre-party in the basement. It wasn’t until around 7 o’clock, Rian, Jack and Alex went home to nap and get ready for the party. Zack was already asleep on the couch and the three girls were drinking the last bit of their bottle from last night.

“We’re gon-gonna be so fucked up tonight,” Brody mumbled, hiccupping in the middle of her claim and the other girl’s laughed.

“True, lets light up this blunt and quit this drinking for a while.” Roxie offered and the girls agreed. Acey got up and straddled Zack’s hips. Brody made a face before standing up and trying to stay balanced. She fished out her cigarettes and held a stick between her fingers. Not watching her friend try to wake up her boyfriend.

“Come on baby, we’re gonna go for a blunt run.” Acey cooed into her boyfriend’s ear, kissing it lightly as he grabbed her hips tightly, waking up. A smile plastered to his lips when Acey moved to kiss them lightly.

“I’ve missed you.” He mumbled, Brody made a gagging noise, causing the couple to flick her off and Roxie laughed, joining Brody by the door with her own cigarette. Acey and Zack joined them, hand in hand, walking out of the door. Roxie and Brody lit their cigarettes with Brody’s aluminum foil wrapped lighter. Brody looked at it and laughed.

“When did I do this?”

“Last night, you sat there smoothing out the foil, cut it into even strips and covered your lighter,” Roxie explained with a laugh. Zack took the lighter from Brody’s hand and examined it. He looked at her with a smile on his face, he tossed the lighter back to Brody with a laugh.

“You’re a nut.”

“Shut it.” Brody warned and the four of them got into Zack’s car. Zack started to drive, Acey lit up the blunt and Roxie and Brody smoked their cigarettes in the back seat. They drove and smoked until the blunt was no more, high and slightly drunk for the girls they stumbled back to the Merrick home to get ready. Brody fixed her make-up and put her hair up. Roxie fixed her make-up and borrowed one of Brody’s tops. Zack watched the girls, not caring about his appearance and Brody noticed he was blond.

“Hey, you’re blond,” Zack gave the girl a look and she shrugged. It’s been a year, of course everyone’s changed a bit. Though, not a complete 180 like Brody did.

“Hey, you’re slow,” Brody flipped him off and Acey returned to the room with a plate of cookies in her hands.

“Oh my God, Mama Merrick is such a great cookie maker,” Acey moaned, with her mouth slightly full, and the other three laughed. They all had cookies and waited for the rest of the group to arrive. Rian was first, he and Roxie sat on the couch together, cuddling. Then Jack came with Alex, Jack stuck next to Brody asking why her eyes were so red. Alex stood by the door feeling and looking awkward. She’s so beautiful crossed his mind a few times when he would look over to Brody. Her eyes wide and smile just as big. What happened? also crossed his mind.

Sometime before ten they finally left for the party. They got to the girl’s house no problem, Alex drove the guys no problem with Acey driving the girls, following the boys. Once they parked, they were all in party moods. Upon entering the house they set off in different adventures. Brody and Jack went to dance crazily in the middle of the living room. Alex stalked off to the kitchen. Zack and Acey went to a less occupied room. Rian and Roxie went towards people they knew and mingled. Each doing different things, starting out apart but will end up crossing paths sooner or later.

After a few songs, Brody said it was time to drink and holding onto Jack’s hand they walked into the kitchen. Alex was taking a few shots with a busty blonde from school. Jack went to go join them. Brody filled a red cup with beer from a keg. A cute boy with stretched ears and a lip piercing smiled at her, she smiled back. Sipping from her cup, Brody walked up to the boy and smirked.

“Hey, I’m Brody.”

“I’m Matt,” he smirked right back. They drank and flirted, Alex watched from across the kitchen. His jaw set and eyes glaring daggers at both his friends and a girl he only hooked up with. Jack noticed Alex’s glaring and nudged him.

“Just go say something to her, bro, it’s just Brody.”

“Yeah, just Brody,” Alex scoffed but with one more shot, Alex marched up to Brody. “Hey,” he smirked pulling Brody away from Matt by her arm. Matt laughed a little as Brody stared at Alex angry as ever.

“What are you doing?”

“Getting you away from Matt,” Alex smirked as he pushed the girl against a wall. Brody looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. But her eyes moved to Alex’s lips quickly, watching his tongue glide across them. She took her bottom lip between her teeth. Her eyes flickered back to Alex’s eyes.

“Why?”

“Because I want to kiss you,” he replied in a husky voice, leaning closer to her. Their lips so close, their breath tickling their lips. She sucked in a deep breath as his lips met her. Her eyes fluttered to a close and his closed went his hands moved to her hips. She brought her hands up around his neck, tangling in his tousled brown hair. Their tongues mashed together fiercely and the two kissed and touched for a couple long minutes. It wasn’t until Acey walked over to them telling them that Jack’s naked did they stop. They also realized who they were kissing. Feeling disgusted, Brody ran away after Acey who was laughing loudly. Feeling defeated, Alex stalked away to go get Jack to put his clothes on.
♠ ♠ ♠
'Bout time I updated. And its a long update aye?
Brody

So, what would your perfect first date be?