This was Supposed to be the Best Summer of my Life

Part Three: My Angel

Part 3: My Angel.
The rain was still pouring , Clay took the back roads which scared me. That’s were all the Ice cream shops are in our town. He drove slow, knowing I was still shaken up. When we arrived at the Ice Cream Shoppe, Cam sprinted out of the car as I chased after her she was already at the window placing her order to a younger women, around my age, she looked tired, he hair was up in a messy bun and soaked. Clay and I weren’t so hungry knowing the news we had to tell Cam at some point. I put Cam back in her seat while she ate her ice cream. When we got home, Clay left because he needed to get his things. I knew I couldn’t tell her alone, I needed some kind of support. Kelsey, my best friend was sitting in the living area already. A short girl with red and blonde hair. Her eyes were just as sad as mine were. Cam ran into the house, onto her lap. I gave Kels a knowing look she shook her head and hugged Cam “ Sweetie, I need to go make a phone call to see when…well I just need to make a call. Kade needs to tell you something to while I’m gone. I’ll be back off the phone quicker then you know it.” With that Kels was out the door calling someone.
I asked Cam to come over with me, I was sitting on the stairs I didn’t want to go inside all the way. She came over a curled up in my lap and looked up at me, “Why is everyone so sad? Why was everyone crying? Why wasn’t Mommy and Daddy there?” She said in the most timid voice I have ever heard. I sighed, and turned her around so she was facing me. But she ran off my lap up stairs. I stood up and yelled “ Cammrion get your little self back down here!” She still didn’t come down. “ CAM! I said come here please.” I said more relaxed. She peeped her head out of her room and looked at me. “Kade, did I do something bad? That’s why Mommy and Daddy wont come home, isn’t Kade? Her voice was whiney, but not complaining just sad. I sadly giggled at her innocence “I’m really sorry, whatever I did I’m sorry.” I just hugged her. “Cam, let me talk, please?” She started crying “Where’s Mommy and Daddy?!” She was louder this time. I just held her tighter. It was like a sad movie, we just there holding each other.
I put her back on my lap, “Do you remember the stories Mommy told you at night before bed, about the angels in the sky? How if you’re a good little girl ond day you’ll be an angel? That you’re simply here to do good deeds?” I said so fast, I don’t know if she understood what I was saying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that I re-found my flash drive again. I'll be working on this more!(:<3