Status: My NaNo novel, expect long chapters of gibberish. -A

Taste of Youth

you will be mine.

Lily and Sirius made sounds of rage all the way back to our things at the beech tree. The Hufflepuff girl was still clutching at my robes, completely terrified even though Mulciber had already departed. Lily conjured the time and we had fifteen minutes left until we’d have to take part in our double Defense class. I gently pried the girls fingers from my robes and settled on my heels in front of her so we were eye to eye.

“Are you alright?”

The girl nodded rapidly and gave me a shaky smile, “Thank you for helping me.”

“I didn’t really do anything.” I murmured fixing her robes in what I later realized to be a motherly manner, “What’s your name?”

“Amanda Crow.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Amanda. My names Luciana Rein.”

She blinked a few times and exclaimed, “You’re the girl my mum healed last month!”

“Your mom is Rita Crow isn’t she?” I smiled warmly at her, “She told me you would be coming here this year. How are you liking your first day, despite obvious problems of course.”

“My dorm mates are really nice and my mum taught me a little bit so the classes seem to be easy enough.”

“That’s great.” I glanced up to see the others staring at me, “Amanda these are my friends. Guys this is Amanda, her mom healed me when I ran into some trouble at the Apothecary in Diagon Alley.”

Both Lily and Alice greeted her brightly chatting to her about how they liked their first year and giving her some tips. She looked flustered by their kindness and I smiled a little wider knowing the feeling. Rita’s daughter was an exact copy of her mother with the same big brown eyes and head of thick brown locks. She had the same air about her too, the helpful kindness that seemed to extend to everyone in sight. Sirius was standing next to me irritation still making him twitch every now and then. I probably should have ignored him but it seemed to be that ignoring Sirius Black was an impossible task.

“Are you alright, Sirius?” I murmured as James threw himself in the conversation between the girls and watching as Lily rolled her eyes.

“I had no idea Professor Rein was a Slytherin.” He paused for a long moment, “Did you?”

I stared at my feet for a moment and shook my head the bright turquoise strands of my hair catching my attention, “No.”

“If- if you knew, would you have let the Sorting Hat put you in Slytherin?”

I jerked my head up to stare at him. Sirius wasn’t looking at me instead focusing all of his attention on our bickering friends. I hadn’t noticed all the other times I’d stood next to him that he looked wary like there was something he was planning that wasn’t going to turn out well. When I still didn’t answer he turned to me, his gray eyes glinting with his wicked curiosity.

“No.” I told him soft and under my breath, “No, I wouldn’t have.”

“Hey, it’s time for class!” Remus called to us the rest of them already halfway up the hill.

Sirius and I snatched up our bags and headed up to the rest of them. Lily and James were fighting again in a manner that reminded me of a married couple. Alice was making big flailing motions with her hands telling Amanda a story about her and Frank. As I watched Remus attempted to calm the arguing two down and Peter scurried along part of it and not at the same time. Wind was ruffling our crew as we marched back into the school. Lily’s wild mane of hair flew about and I could hear Alice jibbing her about the way it caught the sun. James was defending her hair like the smitten little boy he was and Lily was flushing down her neck. Remus was teasing her and James in his gentle manner. They looked whole together like life would never roll far away from this moment, like this is all we would be for the rest of our lives.I felt a tug on my hair and turned to see Sirius playing with one of the gemstone colored strands.

“It looks good like this.” He said pulling at the strand one more time before letting it go.

I gave him an odd look tucking the strand away behind my ear so he couldn’t get to it anymore, “You’re a wonderful liar you know.”

Sirius grinned his doggy grin and laughed, “I’m not lying. It looks nice.”

“Mmhmm, is this what got you that reputation of yours?”

He put a hand over his heart and looked hurt, “I have no idea what you mean.”

It was my turn to laugh, “Sure you don’t. I may be new but that does not mean that I don’t know the gossip. Look who I’m friends with.”

“I see your point.” Sirius grinned easily and tilted his head, “I’m not that bad.”

“From what I hear you’re the resident bad boy.”

“Oh am I now. Well what would you know new girl.” He poked my side.

I swatted at his hand laughing again, “Not enough obviously.”

“Not nearly enough, Rein, but don’t worry. We’ll be changing that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I see you sitting there at the window sill looking for shooting stars.
I wanna get closer and closer still. I wanna take over your heart


Okay fixed this up now, complete with the usual snazzy lyric end. The song is You Will Be Mine by Lenka and the lyrics are perfect for Sirius and Luce's relationship.
-A