Status: My NaNo novel, expect long chapters of gibberish. -A

Taste of Youth

better than revenge.

Lily was still ranting and calling Gigi various unsavory things when I had come back from being informed that Moody was out and unable to train me tonight. Alice who had finally detached herself from Frank was helping plot Gigi’s unhappy end. They only stopped when the boys walked in the porthole. Sirius and James and Remus smelled like gym class so I assumed that they had been playing Quiditch after hours and Peter was shivering like he had been out in the cold forever.

“Have fun?” Lily questioned crossing her arms.

“Yeah, of course.” James looked buoyant that she was talking in his direction.

“It’s after curfew.” She snapped and him and turned to her fellow Prefect, “Remus, you can’t be helping them get away with everything all the time!”

“When did you guys learn to fly?” I asked leaping in before poor Remus was hung out to dry.

“I learned when I was seven.” James offered up and knocked Sirius on the arm, “This guy learned at the same time too.”

“I learned here in flying class” Remus told me, “Do you know how to fly?”

I shook my head, “No I don’t know how, I liked reading the books on flying in Flourish & Blotts.”

“Really? You should learn, it’s a great way to let loose.” Sirius told me flopping on the couch shaking his damp hair out like a dog, “What’s up with the pranks on you anway? Who’d you piss off?”

Lily scoffed loudly crossing her arms, “Oh you know them better than you think.”

Sirius gave her an odd look, “What are you on about, Evans?”

“She’s not on about anything, crazy Lily you know.” I waved my hand at him and sent her a look, “Speaking of crazy what pranks are you referring to?”

“Rein, think about who you’re talking to. I know pranks when I see them.”

“Wouldn’t matter if there were pranks, doesn’t matter to me anyway. Did you finish with my diagrams?”

He obviously wasn’t happy with me changing subjects but gave and complained to be about my messy writing. Gigi came through the porthole a few minutes after Remus and Lily convinced all of us to do an study session. It was really amazing how much Lily and Remus can cram into your head when given time to do so. Alice had an overload and opted out of more learning and went to bed. Peter had been gone since Lily had started in on Defense and I was close to breaking under the review.
“Alright, I’m done.” I shoved up from my seat and waved my hand at the last three standing, “Night everyone.”

Morning wasn’t rushed like the past ones had been and Lily and I were slugging around the tower. Gigi had come into say she missed talking to Lily and whilst using our bathroom rigged my toothbrush to burst into confetti when it touched water. It was a good thing I was clumsy otherwise my toothbrush wouldn’t have exploded in the sink where it had fallen it would have burst in my mouth. When I came out covered in pink gauze Lily burst out laughing.

“Gigi again?”

I scowled deeply picking the pink from my hair, “Oh yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
She's not a saint and she's not what you think.
She's an actress.


Short I know I know. I'm not reverting though! I promise but it's late and I want to have as much time tomorrow to write and get to where I want to be as possible. Thank you guys for sticking with this story and I know it's far from over and it'll turn out horribly long but bare with me?
-A