Status: My NaNo novel, expect long chapters of gibberish. -A

Taste of Youth

not a day too soon.

"Your brother was part of the Order of the Phoenix. He did field work for it, protected those who needed protecting. A family with a Muggle-born son was the target when he died. The boy survived because your brother fought back. Leon was and is to this day one of the bravest men I've ever had the honor of meeting."

Dumbledore gazed at me over the top of his desk, his eyes looked as sad as they had back in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Who killed him?" I said looking at the brilliant red and orange bird that had settled next to my leg.

"I don't mean to seem impudent but-"

"I want to know who killed my brother. I also know that you know who did it. Tell me now."

Dumbledore sighed and placed his thumbs to his temples, "A young lady by the name of Bellatrix Lestrange was responsible."

"Who is the boy he saved?"

"A young man by the name of Gabriel Abbott."

"He's still alive?"

"Yes."

I smiled tightly at the professor, "At least there's that. You mentioned a group, the Order of the Phoenix. I'm going to assume that it has something to do with Voldemort and stopping him."

"You are correct."

I bit the inside of my cheek hard enough to taste blood, "Sir?"

"Yes, Luciana."

"I'd like to take that tour that you mentioned."

"Of course." The man smiled but did not stand, instead he waited like he knew I had one more request of him.

"Before that, I'd like to know if you are planning on teaching me over the next month or so in a manner that will... prepare me for the war that is coming."

"War, Luciana?"

"Don't give me that. I mean no disrespect, sir, but I'd rather you not try and evade me. We both know what the missing persons, the murders, my brothers death are leading to. A war is coming and it may not end with us either."

Dumbledore's lips curved into a wider smile, "Are you a Seer, Luciana?"

"No, sir."

"Well you have an uncanny knack for knowing the future." His chair scrapped when he pushed it back and stood, "Now how about that tour?"

"Yes, thank you."

The grounds were beautiful just like the castle had been. Dumbledore had headed back his whimsically colored robes billowing in the wind that came off of the lake. The grass was lush and green, morphing underneath my feet as I walked. It was the opposite of home, which was all beaches and concrete, pretty as the buildings were it did not beat this place. The forest looked pleasant from far away and menacing from up close. There was a small wooden hut residing along the forest and next to what looked like it had been a pumpkin patch at some point. The door swung open and a massive boar-hound came bounding out, making a bee-line for me.

"Fang! No!" A voice boomed out as the bullet of fur rammed me in the chest.

The grass was as soft as it felt underfoot, I noticed as slobber dripped all over my face from a lulling tongue. The dog gave a loud bark as it bounded off of me and a rather large man came hurrying over. He was massive. the epitome of massive, at least five times the size of a regular grown man. When he reached me he offered a hand the size of a skillet and I took it letting the sausage fingers do their magic trick to make my hand disappear.

"Sorreh about 'im. Get a bit excited this time o' year. Doesn't see many people for awhile, see." He smiled at me his beady eyes crinkling at the edges.

"Oh it's just fine, I don't mind. He's adorable. Fang's his name right." I held my hand out to the beast making him bark excitedly and ram my knees.

"That's his name. Yeh must be Luciana Rein, Dumbledore's told meh about yeh."

"That's my name and you are?"

"Hagrid is what most people call me." His teeth flashed off-white in the dark tangles of his beard, " 'm Gatekeeper here at Hogwarts."

"Nice to meet you, Hagrid." I pulled away from Fang a held out my hand to him.

"Nice to meet yeh to Luciana." He took my hand making it disappear again, "If yeh'll 'scuse us. Dumbledore called meh in. Fang, yeh go back inside."

"Oh! Is it alright if he stays with me? Just until you finish."

"Oh alright. If he starts up just send 'im back in."

"Bye, Hagrid!" I waved as he headed off in the direction that Dumbledore had gone and turned to Fang, "Well, how about you be my new tour guide huh? Show me all the secret ways to sneak out."

At my request Fang promptly bounded off knowing I would follow without bother and I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I've been running all my life.
I ran away, I ran away for good.


This was fluffy. Meh.
-A