A Smile for Your Scrapbooks

03

I slowly walked up to the merch table that turned out to be outside after taking a good half hour trying to find it and trying not to make any fast swift movements in fear of my knees stinging even more than they already were. As I approached Vinny looked up from what he was doing and smiled at me.

“All better? Good enough to work now?” Vinny asked.

“I’m fine my knees just hurt.” I replied with a shrug.

“Well we can make this work I am not selling shirts alone! No way am I going back to that. I mean, I can handle it, it’s just so much easier with someone’s help.” He explained.

“Sure you can handle it Vinny,” I said sarcastically, “They hired me for a reason. Must have been something you were struggling with.”

I winked at him and he frowned saying, “No way that’s bullshit”

“Hey I’m just saying I don’t think you can handle today's crowed alone.”

“Well I can! I’ll prove it! I’ll do today's buyers!” he shouted.

“Cool thanks Vinny!” I smiled and patted him on the back, “I’ll be backstage during the show so if you fall behind give me a call.”

“I won’t need any fucking hel-” Vinny thought for a second, “Wait a minute! You just tricked me! No your selling merch with me! Bailey?!”

It was too late I was already hobbling away down the isle all the merch tables made up but I did shout back, “I’ll be back when I feel like it!”

Smiling to myself I walked around for about ten minutes, but then decided to sit and rest against the wall of the building. Stretching my legs out I took my black purse that was slung across my shoulders and placed it on my lap. I then went into it and pulled out a book that I was currently reading. I must have sat there for a quick two or three hours engulfed in my book when I realized the time. It was already almost six and the sun was just starting its decent. I swiftly got up and regretted it because my legs hurt like hell when I bent them. I slowly made my way toward the backstage entrance to stake out a nice spot to watch the guys and a couple of the other bands that were awesome. As I got to the back of the building I made my way up the steps to the door, smiled at the bouncer, and proceeded to open the door.

However, the bouncer stopped me with a stone cold look on his face. I looked at him confused and said, "I have an all access pass, I'm All Time Low's merch girl."

"You have to show me the pass," he said.

I backed up a bit from him and went into my front pocket where I usually kept it, but it wasn't there. So I looked in my purse because maybe I attached it to its clamp and just didn't hook it on my belt today. I rummaged through my bag, but it was no where in there either. I looked up at the bouncer and said, "I miss placed it.... please believe me when I say I'm allowed."

The guy shook his head, seized my upper arm, and said apologetically, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to escort you to the front of the building your not allowed back here."

Just as he started to pull me away the backstage door opened and Alex walked out. and I shouted his name. He looked at me confused on why the bouncer was pulling me away. After a few seconds he said, "Sir, don't grab her like that."

"Sorry she was just trying to get backstage and I'm escorting her to the front of the building." he said.

"Why would you need to do that, she's part of our crew," Alex said showing his all access pass that had his name and 'All Time Low' on it and it hanging on his belt.

"Alex I don't know where mine is," I looked at the bouncers strong hand that still grasped my arm, "excuse me could you please let go of my arm? It's starting to hurt a bit."

"Oh, yeah, sorry," he mumbled and let go, "She really isn't allowed in though if she doesn't have that pass, strict orders from the boss."

"Not even after me showing you mine and telling you she's with us? What's wrong with you? I need to speak to your boss." Alex said aggravatingly.

"Alex, it's ok, I'll go look for it and if I can't find it then hell it'll turn up sometime, so don't bother," I shrugged. I started to turn to go down the stairs, but Alex grabbed my wrist.

"No, your part of our team and this is bullshit. Dude what if she was a tech and you wouldn't let her backstage? You would delay the whole concert and your ass would be on the line." Alex argued.

"Just wait a few minutes I'll walkie my boss and let him know just in case he sees her in there." the guy said. He walked away, his back turned to us, and Alex pulled on my wrist pulling me inside the building.

"Alex! He hasn't come back yet!" I gasped. I didn't brake rules plus I'm sure he would have ended up saying yes..... maybe.

"Who cares you've got a right to be back here, you just don't have the proof at the moment," he smiled.

"You realize this is the second time you've been nice to me since the Ravens game." I looked at him.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, you just helped me out again and in the same day too, wow."

"Well-"

"I think your just a nice person that's why you can't remember to be mean to me." I smiled.

"Your wrong I can be mean. Especially to a Ravens hater like yourself."

"Whatever you say." I started to walk away to find myself a good spot to watch Forever the Sickest Kids.

Later that Night

As night time rolled around, maybe it was eight or nine already, All Time Low took the stage. They were absolutely spectacular. I usually only got to hear them from a distance and never see them since I was always hanging out with Vinny at the merch stand. That and I usually would zone them out and continue or start to read a good book like I had done before. Its easy when you get use to it.

When it came to the end of the show with their last song Dear Maria Count Me In the crowd went the craziest I had seen it yet. There were lots of crowd surfers and chaos going on, but it all looked so fun, fun enough where if my knees weren't hurt I might have just gone down there and attempted crowd surfing too. However, that wasn't the case and I was just going to hang out here in my perfect view of a spot. When the song was over they all came rushing off the stage and Jack almost even ran into me.

"Whoa! Bailey I didn't even see you there. You blend in so well!" Jack exclaimed.

"Well thanks for letting me know I don't stand out like you Jack," I joked with a smile.

"Oh you stand out anywhere," he said with a wink.

"Shut up Jack."

"Oh, by the way some of us are going to be hanging out on the bus playing Super Mario Cart if you want to come. Hell, you can sleep on the couch again, or till the end of tour if you want, so you don't have to keep putting out money to sleep at a motel," he paused, "pardon me I forgot your classy, I meant hotel."

"Really? It would be a lot easier. Thank you so much Jack."

"Sure thing I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind we have plenty of room for one more!" Jack smiled, patted my shoulder, and started to walk off, but added real quick, "Plus Alex suggested it, he honestly never even noticed you until now. What an ass right?"
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, I haven't written in AGES. I think the change with Mibba made me. Not that I actually like this, but since I came on a lot just messin with it (cuz I do like to come on and look around sometimes) made me want to finish this chapter I had laying around in a Word Doc. It's been months, but here it is. Chapter 3. Slow and steady wins the race!

-Jagked (Sam) <3