Status: The title is actually supposed to read Gone Isn't foREVer. (The Mibba editers won't let me have it the original way.)

Gone Isn't Forever

Girl I know

Chapter 4

Girl I know

“Damned
Watch the masses fall
Burn it down, control 'em all
(Help me) Make me crawl
To daddy's little girl to read the writings on the wall

While cast into the nothingness
The final curtain call

You can't break me,
Crushed the fears of yesterday
You can't take me,
Barriers, our trust will fade

I've stood in the dark
Been waiting all this time
While we damn the dead I'm trying to survive,
I'm not ready to die”

I joined the conscious world the next day hearing a low voice singing the lyrics to Not Ready to Die by Avenged Sevenfold ever so softly. When I realized the origins of the soft melodies, I opened my eyes to see The Rev laying across my bed, his head hanging off the edge as he twittled his thumbs and shook his foot to the beat of the own beautiful voice. For a minute, I just laid there and stared at overly tall figure, since the bed could not size up to his body. I just listened to him sing. His voice was glorious to hear in person. I closed my eyes once more and hummed along with the beauty that was the music styling of The Rev.

Sadly, the voice of Jimmy came to a sudden halt all too soon. It was a little too soon for my taste because first off, I had always been a in love with Jimmy's voice and anytime it came to an end, it depressed my heart in more ways than you can imagine. Secondly, he stopped just in time to hear me begin to sing along with him. His expression cracked a smile that would have been sweet had it not rendered me under such humiliating circumstances. I felt my face flush with a hot embarrassment that scorched the highlights of my cheeks crimson.

“Aww. Why did you stop? I wanted to hear your voice. The humming sounded grand.” Jimmy sat up and looked me straight in the eye. I could feel the crimson tint in my features turn a deeper shade as I stared at my knees and sat up only to curl into a ball. “You know I can still see you, right?” He chuckled and I shook my head no.

“What are you doing in here anyway?” I questioned, ignoring the embarrassing pinch in my heart. Jimmy was my idol and embarrassing myself in front of him kind of stung deep down. But I wasn't going to let it bubble to the surface at the moment.

“I was awaiting your awakening, my fair maiden.” Jimmy winked at me. I paid no attention to the slight blush that still lingered as it deepened once I received such a wink.

“Okay...So I'm awake. What now?” I asked the notorious man that lounged across my bed.

“Uhhh... Yeah I don't really know. I've never done the whole guardian angel thing before. I thought I would just wing it and see where it leads us.” Jimmy replied with a slight shrug that pretty much insinuated that he had no clue what the hell he was doing.

“Soooo, what? Your just going to follow me around and see how it goes? That's your plan?”

“Indeed, my lady.” He nodded.

“Okay.” I shrugged once and jumped out of bed and exited my sleeping quarters, heading for the kitchen. I wanted pancakes but I was too lazy to make them. Bacon sounded glorious as well. But again, I was too darn lazy to fry anything.

“Pancakes? Bacon for my lovely?” Jimmy asked me, holding up a skillet. What the...what the hell? That's like the second time he has been completely in sink with my thoughts. It was like he was reading my mind or some kind of craziness like that. “Let me guess, chocolate chip pancakes?” My eyes lit up and I shook my head yes vigorously. Jimmy chuckled in that beautiful tone that soothed me. It was then that I realized why my poltergeist had seemed so soothing to me before I even discovered it was Jimmy. Jimmy had always soothed me. I felt content listening to his music and watching videos and just listening to him speak sent me into a mellow frenzy that caressed my emotions with every fraction of his existence. Even in ghost form, he still had the same old affects on me.

He spun around, attended to his task, as I turned in the opposite direction heading for the bathroom. I figured I would shower while he was cooking my breakfast. You would think that the thought of a spirit concocting one's breakfast would deeply disturb them. But not me. I was completely content with a slightly less fleshy Jimmy cooking for me. I think it came with the whole comforting thing.

As soon as I closed the bathroom door, I began to run the water, awaiting the water temperature to heat up to a pleasurable degree. Once it was there, I flipped on the shower jets, shed the old shell of clothes, and stepped into the steaming hot jets. I began humming Fully Alive and before I realized it, I was singing the lyrics of Flyleaf.

I was lathering myself in suds when I suddenly heard the voice of The Rev penetrate my ear drums once again.

“Hey, Melinda do you want one or twooo.....” He trailed off. I spun around, immediately locking into panic mode seeing as how Jimmy The Rev Sullivan had taken it upon himself to intrude on my lovely shower. Okay, really it was because my idol was seeing me naked. While spinning around, I attempted to grab the shower curtain to cover myself. But me being me, and a major thanks to the slippery wet tub, I slipped and fell fast, ripping down the shower curtain with me. Surprise took occupancy when I felt a pair of strong, cold arms hold me up. I forced myself to pry my eyes open once I was over my freak out spell due to the fall. Jimmy had caught me, but that didn't mean that I appreciated it since I was butt-ass naked and all.

“Jimmy, what are you doing in here?!” I screached.

“I... I-I-I...” He cleared his throat. “I just wanted to know how many pancakes you wanted.” Jimmy tried to save himself.

“Two. Now get the hell out of my shower!!” I demanded as soon as I slipped out of his grip and slid over to the opposite side of the tub, draping the shower curtain over my body.

“Y-Yes Ma'am!” He replied, now covering his eyes and walking the edge of the tub and the bathroom wall. I sighed with relief and stared down at the shower curtain. I gazed up at the rings the they were pulled off, trying to decide if it was fixable. It wasn't. So that was just great. No more shower curtain. Three cheers for showering with not curtain!! Thank you Jimmy.

Finishing my shower, I quickly dressed for fear that Jimmy would pop in at any random moment. I brushed my long flowing turquoise hair and entered into the kitchen, following the scent of wonderfully prepared chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. I was starving. Hiding your body from a rockstar that suddenly appears in your shower can certainly make a girl quite hungry.

I sat down at the table that displayed my beautiful breakfast and ate it, savoring every bite of its flavor.
“So did you enjoy the view Jim-Jam?” I asked being a smart-ass.

Jimmy gave me a sly grin and winked at me. “More than you can imagine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to deliver ch. 4.
thank you for pushing me so much to my band mates.
hopefully i can write ch. 5 soon.
more to come.
enjoy :D