Sequel: V-E-R-S-T-E-H-E-N

Scream Silently

No suprises

A loud thud came from the kitchen as an empty bottle of medication crashed against the wall. Dalton paced frantically back and forth.
“Oh my god. Why. Just why?!” His fist went to hit the wall full force, instead flying through the air and causing him to stumble through a doorway. His mind raced and he didn’t know what to do. He stayed still on the ground, staring up at the ceiling.
“Scarlett… What did I do?” His eyes shut for a brief moment. “How am I supposed to save you now?”
The phone rang in the police station, startling an officer as it woke her up. “Hello. What’s your emergency?”
Dalton’s voice sounded shaky and fuzzy from the other side. “It’s my girlfriend. I think she just overdosed on pills. We’re at my house, we need an ambulance!”
“Alright, I’ll send an order for one,” the officer paused, “can you tell me anything more about her condition?”
Dalton felt his head spin as he walked over to Scarlett’s limp body. “She isn’t moving. She has a pulse but it doesn’t feel normal, it feels really unstable. Um…” his hand shook more violently and he almost dropped the phone, “she probably took like 50 pills. I found three empty bottles in the kitchen. Do you think she’ll be okay??”
“The ambulance should be on their way now,” the officer reassured him, “they’ll do all they can to help her.”
Sirens sounded in the distance, breaking the calm silence that blanketed the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's getting intense. Slowly.
Comments??