Sequel: V-E-R-S-T-E-H-E-N

Scream Silently

Solitary confinement

Scarlett blinked, feeling disoriented from the white walls surrounding her. She felt a dull ache in her arm, unaware of the IV causing it. Sounds could be heard from the outside, voices, movements, none of which could be easily defined. “Dalton…” she muttered “what the hell happened?”
There was no response. She was alone in the hospital room.
“Where the hell am I…?” She looked down, noticing wires running from stickers on her body to a monitor above her head. There was a curtain hiding the door; nice, cliché phrases were embroidered into it. She tried to sit up, but her body felt weak.
A sound came from behind the curtain, and a nurse entered the room. Scarlett studied his face once he entered the room, he looked young and healthy, his skin was fair and his face looked proportional. He had mid-length hair, it was the same color as Dalton’s brown, but it was longer. She figured he was fairly attractive, but that hardly made the situation better.
“Ah, you’re awake,” the nurse nodded at her, “I’m Randy, I’ll be your nurse as you stay here,” his face cringed, “it still sounds so weird to say that…”
“Um… What’s going on?”
“Oh, sorry, Scarlett. Your boyfriend called 911 after he found you overdosed. It’s a good thing he did, or you wouldn’t be alive right now… But we’re monitoring you for a while here. I’m not sure how long the doctors want to keep you…”
“I want to go home.”
“I know. I’m sorry. We have to make sure you’re okay first,” Randy’s eyes shifted, “you’re also going to have to talk to a social worker… so they can determine if we need to keep you in a psychiatric hospital for a while…” he bit his lip, but spoke before Scarlett could object, “we just have to make sure you’re okay. We don’t want you to kill yourself, Scarlett.”
She ignored his comments. “Where’s Dalton?”
“Dalton..? Is he your friend that was here earlier?”
“I don’t know, probably, I don’t have any other friends who would come visit me like this.”
“I’ll see if he’s still outside.” Randy turned and left.
Scarlett leaned herself back and closed her eyes, watching designs as they danced on her eyelids. Something seemed off about everything here, but she supposed that she did have this coming for her… She thought she heard a sound from outside, but nobody came in, so she shrugged it off.
Randy didn’t return for some time, so Scarlett figured that Dalton must have gotten tired and left for a while. She knew that it wasn’t because he didn’t care or anything like that, but she couldn’t help but feel discouraged over it… Dalton had better things to do than wait for his sleeping girlfriend, but what could be better than her? Wasn’t she supposed to be the most important thing in his life?
Then again, Scarlett knew nothing about relationships.
The door to her room opened again, and she noticed a tall figure’s shadow moving in the curtain. She didn’t remember Randy being this tall.
“Hello?”
She received no response. A long, bony arm became visible, followed by the torso and eventually the rest of the body. It was a man, he was unnaturally skinny and he wore a black suit with a white shirt and red tie. Scarlett didn’t look at his face at first; his belt was about at her eye level.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a writing spree today.
I really would like some sort of comments telling me the good and bad points of the story, though... Please? [: