Status: Be sure to comment! :-3. Oh and I do own Anya (sorry just a little overprotective of this story lol)

Anya: Inuyasha's Sister

Visit to mother and father’s graves

DISCLAIMER-I don’t own Inuyasha but I do own Anya and the other original characters in this story so please don’t steal.

Everyone had just finished their third day of training when Anya had returned from patrol. She was petting A'un (Sesshomaru's dragon) when Kagome came outside with a guilty look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Anya asked taking her hair out of its high ponytail and let it fall over her shoulder around her. Kagome looked over at her then at her feet.

"I shot Inuyasha in the shoulder with an arrow," Kagome said.

"Huh?" Anya asked confused on what happened. Kagome took a deep breath.

"Inuyasha told me to shoot the target on the tree and that he would be standing near it to see where the arrow would hit. I shot the arrow and then I heard him scream then yell my name. He then entered the clearing pulling the arrow out of his shoulder," Kagome explained. She heard Anya try to stifle her laughing.

"Keh, he'll live. Don't worry about it," She managed to breath out. After she collected herself she touched her locket softly and looked over at Kagome.

"Hey, you wanna go somewhere with me?" she asked softly as she got on A'un. Sesshomaru wouldn't mind if she borrowed him for a little bit. If he did oh well. Kagome gave a small nod and got on A'un behind Anya.

"Where are we going?" Kagome asked once they were in the air.

"Just to visit some people," Anya said directing A'un to their location.

//oo//

Finally after what felt like an hour, Kagome saw they were in a clearing in a giant bamboo patch area. The clearing had a frame in the middle of it that must've once been a big place and was burned down.

"Where are we?" Kagome asked as she and Anya got off A'un and went over to the burnt frame.

"It was once my mother's home, where she grew up and also where she met my dad. When Inuyasha was born, Takemaru set the place on fire hoping to burn him, my mom, and my dad inside. My dad had put the robe of the fire rat (the red kimono top Inuyasha wears) around my mom and Inuyasha to protect them from the flames. He named Inuyasha and then told my mom to run with Inuyasha so the place wouldn't collapse on them. Takemaru came into the place and challenged my father to a fight to the death and my father accepted it in order to protect my mom and Inuyasha. The place collapsed on both Takemaru and my dad," Anya explained. Kagome was speechless as Anya walked out into the middle of the rubble.

"My mom practiced magic and when Inuyasha was three, she was able to bring my dad back to life like Sesshomaru can bring someone back to life with Tensaiga, but since her talent was limited, the spell would only work for a year. I was born and was barely a year old when the other world took him away from us," Anya finished explaining. Kagome looked around the area until Anya said they had one more stop and they got on A'un and flew away from the clearing.

//oo//

The next area was a beautiful clearing with a large lake and flowers all around. There was a small hill with a large tree in it. On top of the hill under the tree was a small grave with the name 'Izayoi' carved into it. The two girls walked up to the grave and they were silent while Anya planted beautiful pink flowers in front of it. Then she spoke.

"You know my mom was sixteen when she had Inuyasha," she said silently.

"How did your parents meet?" Kagome asked. Anya smiled.

"My parents met in the woods. My mom was looking around when she got lost and in a panic started to run. My dad was patrolling the lands when my mom ran into him, literally. At first she thought he was a human noble till she saw his ears ,claws, and markings. She turned and ran finally finding her way home. Later that night she was sitting out in the gardens when she heard a noise. She looked up in the tree and saw him sitting there. He wanted to make sure she was safe and soon they began to talk. My mom wasn't afraid of him, but her family was still awake so they couldn't speak much. But my dad always came back every night and they would talk. They became really good friends and slowly fell in love," Anya said as she leaned against the tree. She remembered the story just as Myoga had explained it to her when she first became ruler and general. Kagome waited for Anya to continue.

"Dad was in battle when my mother discovered she was pregnant. Since their relationship was forbidden she tried her best to keep her pregnancy a secret. But as you know you can only keep it a secret for so long until it becomes obvious. Anyway when my dad returned from that long battle she was about 7 months along. She begged my dad to take her away with him. He agreed and at sunrise he said he would come for her and they would live in the castle that I live in now. But one of my mom's sisters heard and told their parents. Her parents were originally convinced that it was a human who was the father, but when they discovered the truth, everything went wrong. Dad went to go get her early when he heard her family found out the truth but Ryenkotsei had attacked him along the way. From the chaos and the stress all around her, my mom went into an early labor and you know the rest," Anya finished explaining.

Kagome didn't know what to say. She never knew anything about Inuyasha or Anya's past because Inuyasha never spoke of it.

"You seem to enjoy our history," Anya said noticing Kagome's fascination.

"I am. But it's terrible how you're hated because of your background and that your half-demon," Kagome said. Anya gave a small smile.

"No, if people hate me it's because they know me, it has nothing to do with my background," she said. Then she sighed.

"You know sometimes I can hear my dad's voice talking to me. His deep voice telling me he's proud of me," Anya said quietly.

"He should be! Look how brave and strong you are," Kagome said. They sat in silence for a few minutes before heading back to the castle. When they returned everyone left for battle point since it would take a few days to get there, seeing as how the battle was gonna take place in the other world, the world of the dead, at Anya and Inuyasha's father's grave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since it's never mentioned how their parents actually met or their relationship other than that they were in love and that it was forbidden for them to be together I made one up on how I thought it happened. It was also never revealed how old their mother was but she was young, about 16 or 17 I’m guessing. So I made up my own version for the sake of the story and also that their mother went into a premature labor for it all to fit together. However how their father died was true, It was revealed in the third movie. It was also said somewhere that Izayoi (their mom) did practice magic but it was for healing I think, but I needed an explanation for Anya's birth so I stretched the that point a little. Hope you like it!