Status: Be sure to comment! :-3. Oh and I do own Anya (sorry just a little overprotective of this story lol)

Anya: Inuyasha's Sister

Back to her time

DISCLAIMER- I don’t own Inuyasha however I do own Anya and the other original characters I put into this story.

Kagome walked to the well with Inuyasha. The wind blew softly through her hair as she thought about Anya. After she left, everything fell back into its normal routine. It was as if she was never there. Kagome was about to get in the well when she noticed Inuyasha looking questioningly into it, almost as if he was trying to decide something.

"You can come," Kagome said to Inuyasha. Inuyasha was brought out of his thoughts and looked over at her.

"No, just be back in three days or I will be there to get you," Inuyasha said to her. Kagome nodded still confused by his behavior and jumped into the well, taking her back to her time in modern day Tokyo.

^^^^^^^^^^

Kagome closed her shrine door and went inside her house. Unlike the feudal era where it was slightly chilly, here it was a warm spring which was a great relief to Kagome. She entered the home and saw her little brother Sota playing some video game on the TV and her grandfather at the table mumbling something about ancient artifacts. Sota looked up from his game and saw his sister.

“Hey sis! Is Inuyasha here too?!” He asked excitedly. He always loved it when Inuyasha came over.

“Not this time Sota. Sorry,” Kagome said. Sota sighed and turned back to his game.
“Mom! I’m home!” Kagome yelled.

"Hi honey. You have a visitor. They're in your room," her mother said from the kitchen. Kagome walked into her room to find Anya sitting on the window sill with Kagome's cat Buyo in her lap as she petted him. She turned to see Kagome in the doorway and smiled. Anya wasn't wearing her usual white kimono (which was actually a kimono meant for a general who was a man but Anya hadn’t seemed to mind). Instead she was wearing denim jeans and a baby blue T-shirt. Around her neck was the golden locket she wore when Kagome found her. It was in the shape of a heart with a small diamond in the middle.

"Anya what are you doing here? Where did you get those clothes?" Kagome asked shocked.

"This isn't the first time I've been here in the modern era. I'm always here shopping so I rarely wear that white kimono you found me in. Believe me after a battle wearing those heavy kimonos, I adore modern day wear. I was actually thinking about attending school here at one point since we rarely have problems in the Westlands, but that's when Naraku came about so I had to focus on my lands," Anya explained with a laugh.

"Wow," was all Kagome could think of saying. She thought Inuyasha was the only one that could travel through the well other than her. Apparently she was wrong. Then Anya asked a strange question and her bright golden eyes shone with amusement.

"You love my brother don't you? I've seen the way you look at him," Anya said with a smirk. Kagome turned bright red causing Anya to laugh knowing that Kagome was in fact in love with Inuyasha.

"It's okay; I've been watching your group for a while now. I had to make sure my big brother was in good hands after her. Trust me your nothing like Kikyo," Anya said as she stood from the window and let Buyo go. Kagome looked again at Anya's locket and she couldn’t take her curiosity anymore.

"Where did you get your locket?" Kagome asked. Anya's mood changed from happy to sad, her eyes became distant, like she was remembering something.

"It was my mom's before she died when I was little," she said sadly a haunted look began to creep into her eyes. Kagome nodded, she knew about Inuyasha and Anya's mother being killed when they were young by Inuyasha and didn't want to bring it up anymore. Kagome had never seen Anya look so grave before. Then again they had only met face to face yesterday. Kagome sat on her bed and looked at Anya's sword. Anya spoke up.

"That's So'unga. It was one of my dad's swords. Inuyasha inherited Tetsuaiga, Sesshomaru got Tensaiga and I got So'unga," Anya explained, her eyes regaining their light.

"Oh," Kagome said placing the sword back down. Just then Inuyasha entered the room.

"I thought I caught your scent in the well Anya," he said crossing his arms. Seeing how Anya was in the modern era and her wounds were still healing, Inuyasha refused to leave so Kagome had no choice but to let him stay too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since it's never really explained how Inuyasha's mother died, I am saying she was killed.
Until next time be sure to comment! :3