Over And Over

Ch. 5 Enemy

Noa had fallen asleep in the passenger’s seat on the way home and Seth continued to focus on the road, rather than the sweet smell of iron. Just ignore it. You’re all most home, he thought to himself, as he pulled into the driveway of his apartment. He walked over to the passenger’s side and opened the door. Carefully he cradled Noa and the bag in his arms, while still managing to shut the car door. He pushed the door open with his foot and set her down on the couch. Turning around he gasped lightly.

“Jesus Christ, Anastasia. Give me a warning would you?”

I left you a message on the answering machine,” a thick French accent leaking through her voice. “But what are you going to do about this- this infantile human? I mean, you carry her around like she is a princess while she does nothing for you.”

“Shut up, Anastasia,” he growled, slapping her across the face. “You will never know what Noa, yes that’s right. This-,“ he paused air quoting the word; “infantile being you are speaking of happens to be my best friend. She has accepted me for who I really am! Get out of my house, you wretch. I never want to see you again.”

Noa began to stir and instantly Seth was at her side. She reached up to her face as her hazel eyes opened; brushing hair from her pale cheeks. She caught one second of the woman that sat before her until she disappeared.
“Who were you yelling at..?,” she dazedly asked.

“Uh..that was my sister,” he replied, it was half the truth. He sat beside her on the couch as she sat up.

“How are you feeling?,” he asked.

“All right,” she pushed herself from the couch and stood for a moment. Seth’s eyes dropped from her gaze. Her head tilted to the side in slight curiosity, “Seth..is something wrong?”

He nodded absently,”Yes..Noa. There is. I haven’t been completely truthful with you. And you have to understand. You’re the first friend I’ve had in a really long time and I didn’t want you to shun me like everyone else. Please, just listen. Don’t say anything until I’m finished.”

She nodded for him to continue, this sounded quite serious. In fact it was. Was he coming out of the closet? Or something else major like that?

“N-Noa..you’re the only person I really trust. The only person I really like to be with. Please don’t be frightened by what I’m about to say…but,” he paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. “Noa. I’m a vampire.”

She didn’t say anything at first, but after a while she laughed.

“Wow, that was one thing I didn’t expect.”

“But Noa! It’s true!”

“I’m sure it is..,” she replied, getting up to go to the restroom, “And I’m a fucking fairy princess.

He muttered some profanities under his breath and slammed the door behind him. Starting the car, he revved the engine and tore off like a bat out of hell. Tearing down the highway he managed to avoid many police officers and ended up at a bar on the other side of town. He walked in and took a seat at the bar.

“What can I get for ya?,” the barmaid asked, giving him a good looking over. Ordering a scotch on the rocks was his usual, but he only ordered a beer. A voluptuous blonde sat down next to him.

“Well look who’s here. Hey baby..,” she whispered in his ear as she crawled into his lap.

“Do I know you,” he asked, his tone slightly irked and pissed all at once.

“Baby, it’s me! Charity!,” she cried, a small pout crossing her face at his amnesia.

“Oh…right. Hey..how’s it going..?,” he asked.

“So much better now that you’re here. Ooh, you’re wearing that cologne. It smells so yummy..,” she complimented, running her hands along his stomach. He shivered as her hands left his shirt and started to snake up his bare flesh.

Stop that.”

“What..don’t you like it?,” she seductively questioned, grabbing ahold of his collar and forcing her lips against his.

“Mmmph!,” he pushed her away, but her lips gripped his hard. Finally she let go of his mouth and he tried to force her off his lap. No luck. This bitch had the grip of a wrestler. He stood with her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms wrapped around his neck.

“Look, you’re not coming home with me. End of discussion.”

She let go of him and took him back to the bar. “I challenge you to a drinking contest.”
He sighed, hoping she’d knock out before she’d even made it to ten tequila shots. They sat there for the next hour and each had downed about fifty shots. They both paid their bills and stumbled out. Her house was closer and he was too drunk to drive home. She pulled him into the apartment and pushed him away.

“Stay r-right there. I’ve-I’ve got a sur-surp-prise for you.”

He did as he was told and about five minutes later she strutted back out in a skimpy bit of black lingerie. She took his hand and led him to her room. Charity closed the door behind him and led him to the bed. Sitting him down, she sat on his lap again; and began to peel off his clothes. Little did he know that there was a camera in the room, and they were being filmed. She laid him back and he noticed there was something stuck between her breasts.

“Hey Seth..I think I lost my pencil..think you can help me find it..?,” she asked.

Like the sun was let into his dark and dismal world, he shoved her off of him; and left. “I don’t feel that way about you.” Walking down the stairs slowly he dialed his home number. The answering machine picked up.

“Hey Noa it’s me. I need you to come pick me up. I’m too drunk to drive and I don’t want to get in an accident. And I’m sorry about earlier..,” he hung up after that, and seconds later his phone rang. Noa? Sure enough. Good, she’s not angry with me. He picked it up and she said she was in a cab on her way there. She got there moments later and she drove both of them back to the house. Though she practically got pulled over by the same cop three times. Once for having a broken tail light. Two for looking like a minor. Three for being in the carpool lane without a passenger; apparently drunks don’t count.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, well. Sorry if this was a bit grotesque..but Charity is just plain persisitant and irritating. I'm working on chapter 6 so if you feel so inclined, feel free to comment. Or criticize. I don't care which.