Runaway Girl

Runaway Girl

The walls the room swayed dangerously to her eyes as another blow was delivered to the side of her fragile skull.

"Could you try a little harder. C'mon, you must be smarter than that! A C? It's unacceptable! How will you get into college. Playing your damned guitar? Huh! Answer me!!" Her fathers voice echoed through the house like it had so many times before as she hit the floor. The neighbors could hear but they couldn't do anything. The police chiefs’ daughter would just have to answer.

"I-I’ll try harder,” She promised softly, raising her face up to look into his cold eyes, "I promise, I really will this time."

"Damn Right." He slammed the door to her tiny bedroom. Jade Slowly lifted herself from the floor and looked at her bleeding forehead in the small grimy mirror hung over her bed. Anger welled up in her soul. It would happen again, she knew, no matter how hard she tried, it would.

She had but one choice to make. To head to Florida, where her grandparents would gladly take her in but probably notify her father, or search for her mother who left when she was young. Her father told her once that she was living in San Francisco. It was possible she would take her in.

She grabbed an armful of black clothes from her dresser drawer's and shoved them into her back pack roughly. The room swayed again and she was dangerously close to falling down on the dark carpet once again.
"Dark to hide the bloodstains" She whispered to her self. She almost always whispered, a habit formed in self defense. She used to scream, that made him angrier.

She didn't leave a note. She left through the bathroom window and followed the road out of town until she feinted in the gutter near the interstate. She'd lost a lot of blood, smashing through that window, with a head wound already.

Her father received quite a shock when he found her gone but sent no one to find her. He would want to kill her when he did and witnesses can be a bit of a problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me if you want me to continue or leave it as is...