Status: ongoing

Priceless

Till next time

~~~

I had thought it was the "smart thing" to do, so it was what I did: I tried to avoid Stephen, and at the same time tried to convince myself that it was Alex whom I needed and wanted so I got into a relationship with him; but I ended up growing fonder of Stephen and growing less interested with Alex. So, basically, I was in a mess—one that my best friend knew nothing of, since I'd decided to just keep it to myself.

It was Saturday, and I was two hours away from a date with Alex, and five minutes into the conversation with Stephen. It was 11:30 AM in here, and they were in the Philippines, and he had told me that it was 2:30 AM there, and it was already Sunday. They were at their hotel room, hanging there after drinking at the hotel bar, and they were leaving the hotel at 6 AM. I didn’t know if they still planned on sleeping.

"Jobe's so drunk, he's a minute away from hitting on John, I assure you," he said with a short laugh, and I heard Josh cuss at him in the background.

"Take pictures. I want to tease him when you guys get back," I said.

"Brian's already doing that." I heard a faint "what" from Stephen himself, but he was back right away. "Hold up, Jess wants to talk to you."

And then there was Jess, who I knew was hurting every second she was there. She had updated me two days ago about her and Kennedy—who was, interestingly, hooking up with random hot girls he met at bars. She had informed me that no one could stop him even though they tried; not an angry John, a concerned Pat, a wise John Go, nor a good-with-words Brian.

"They want me to talk to him later," she said. I noticed it was suddenly silent, and I figured she must've transferred some place else so no one could hear us. "I don't know what to tell him. I don't know what to say. I'm scared that I might suddenly pour out all my feelings to him."

"Jess, just stay calm. I think you'll be able to get a hold of yourself," I soothed. "And I think...I think he'll listen to you. I think you'll be able to talk him out of it."

"I hope so," she said with a sigh. "Selfishly speaking, it hurts me...but even if it doesn't, I still don't think it's good for him. He's using these other girls to forget Gabi, or whatever, but he's just gonna hurt himself more."

I talked to her for a few more minutes, before she gave the phone back to Stephen. "So," he started, "I can't wait to get back there and see you again."

My heart began racing, and I couldn't help but smile. "You enjoy touring," I said. "That's your thing."

There was a long pause before I heard him sigh. "Yeah, but sometimes, I miss home," he said in a low voice. "It's always crazy here, and truly, I enjoy it, but sometimes I just..." He stopped, and once again sighed. "Just promise that I'll see you right away, when we get back. Okay? I'll hold a welcome back party at my place on the 25th and you better be there."

"Yeah, I will."

Soon there was John Go who said a quick hi, then Garrett, Pat, and John O who I only talked to for a while, until the phone was given back to Stephen. We said goodbye, and when I hung up, I sighed, closed my eyes, and told myself I could do it. I could treat Stephen just as a friend. It was what I should do. Alex was my boyfriend now, and I had to set aside my...feelings for Stephen.

Later that afternoon, I was already getting in Alex’ car, when suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the screen and it displayed Erin’s number. I shot an apologetic smile at Alex as I took the call.

“Hey,” I said. “What’s up?”

“I could use a sleepover,” she said, sounding a little distressed.

“Okay, come over later? Before or after dinner. What’s up?” I said, feeling like she had a problem or what.

“I’m so bored!” she exclaimed dramatically, and I laughed shortly and rolled my eyes. “No, seriously, I am. I miss sneaking out. I miss going to parties—but I don’t wanna go to the parties at school. I just miss drinking with you and the boys.”

“Then you’re gonna have to wait until the 25th,” I said.

She sighed. “Yeah, so in the meantime, I’ll just use you to spare myself from this boredom,” she replied.

“Thank you,” I said sarcastically. “Really, I appreciate—”

“Yeah, well have fun with Alex now. I know you two have a date. I’ll see you later,” she said. She had actually met Alex once, when he picked me up from school, I introduced them. She’d pretty much told me not to mess this up, because he was a great guy, and believe me, I was determined not to. But I wasn’t sure if I could.

“Seems like you and Erin will have a bonding later?” Alex asked when I put my phone down. He started driving and I glanced at him and smiled.

“Yeah, she’s bored at home, I guess.”

He nodded once. “You two have fun later. In the meantime, we’ll find some fun now.” He glanced at me and smiled. I smiled back.

“I’d like that.”

~~~

Castles N’ Coasters and Old Tucson Studios made me quite happy, but tired. As soon as I got to my room, I slumped onto my bed, and Erin, who had arrived half an hour after I did, lay down beside me.

“I miss John,” she said.

“Don’t you dare hug me and pretend I’m him, okay,” I said quickly, and she laughed.

“Come on, Bails. Even if I do hug you, you’re hardly fuckable, so you have nothing to worry about,” she assured. My eyes widened a little at that and I pushed her away a little.

“Ew, watch your mouth!” I exclaimed disgustedly, but she just laughed.

“But seriously, I miss the boys.” She sighed deeply and I looked at her. She was lost in thoughts.

I shared the same sentiments. I truly missed the boys as well—bring Jess into that. I missed night parties with them, I missed their sense of humour, just everything. But most of all, I missed Stephen.

I sighed deeply. “Let’s just watch something,” I suggested.

“Great!” Erin sat up happily. “How I Met Your Mother marathon, I am game!” She grabbed my hands and pulled me up, and soon we were plopped down my bed again, watching our favourite show and munching on Lays and Ben & Jerry’s.

~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Truthfully, this is a filler. lol

I will appreciate comments though. Got no comments from the last one haha.. :(

Anyway, please hold on. the next will be better, I promise. xx