Status: ongoing

Priceless

Love Makes You Do Things

~~~

It was the first day of June and I was so looking forward for it to end already. The Summer Set had gone on a tour with Hey Monday a week ago and they would be back on the last day of June, hence my excitement for that day. Ever since Stephen and the others left I tried to focus on my school work to keep myself from missing him, and well all of them actually, but it wasn’t easy. Good thing he gave me calls every time he can.

I got home early that day, and I was surprised to find my father’s parents there in the living room. I had not seen them for a long time, since we kinda had separate lives from them, plus they lived in Florida.

But don’t get me wrong, I loved them. Especially my grandmother. She rarely talked to my mom, dad, and even her husband but she always smiled at me and when I was younger, every time they visited us she would sing me to sleep every night. She had a very calming voice.

“Bailey!” my grandfather exclaimed when he saw me. He stood up from the couch, with arms open wide, and walked over to me. I met him halfway and welcomed his hug.

“Hi grandpa,” I said, and then turned to my grandmother. She smiled at me and I couldn’t help but notice that her smile was sad. “Hello grandma,” I said as I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

“Hey, darling,” she greeted and motioned for me to sit beside her, so I did. “How are you holding up?”

Well, she had to be talking about the divorce. I smiled sadly. “If they think it’s for the best...”

I didn’t get to finish my sentence because my mom had already emerged from upstairs. She smiled at my grandparents and then turned to me. “Bailey, darling, will you please go up to your room while your grandparents and I talk?”

I didn’t want to. I wanted to stay and join them, I knew I was old enough and this whole divorce thing involved and affected me, too. But for some reason, I didn’t want to say that to my mom anymore. I did not want to create a scene, I did not want to add anymore stress to her anymore. So I just nodded.

“Okay, Mom,” I said and marched up to my room. I just didn’t want to fight.

As I entered my room my phone suddenly started ringing. I took it out and saw Jess’ name on the screen.

“Hey Jess,” I said into my phone as I answered the call, “I miss you.”

“Yeah, I miss you too Bails,” she said, sounding tired. “Where are you?”

“Um, at home?” I said, wondering why she sounded so stressed. “Why? What’s up, Jess?” That’s when the jitters began kicking in. I suddenly had this feeling that something wasn’t right. “What’s wrong?”

“Don’t freak out. We’re in LA right now,” she said. “Stephen kind of...he kind of got into a car accident and he’s fine, no major damages but he’s in the hospital. He told me not to tell you but well, I had to.”

“What?! What happened? How long is he gonna be there?!” I asked, freaking out. I mean it was all too sudden—a while ago he and I were just texting, then suddenly he’s in the hospital?!

It wasn’t hard to come to a decision. I didn’t wait for Jess to say anything anymore.

“Tell me where exactly you guys are. I’m going to fly there tonight.”

“Wait, Bails—”

I pressed the end call button and started packing my things, all the while thinking of an excuse to say to my mom. I had to see Stephen. I just had to, no matter what it cost me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( I try to write as much as I can but it sucks when there's lots of things to do in school.

Anyway I'm seeing All Time Low this Thursday and I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!

tell me what you think about this filler guys x