Status: ongoing

Priceless

Hospital Bed

Stephen and I then began on a long conversation, mostly about tour, but he also asked about school, Erin, and my family. But I kept steering the convo back to their tour, because, well, I was very interested to know their escapades during tour. Not that I was jealous of the fans or whatever, I just...well, truth be told, I want to go on tour with them. I want to know how it felt like, because it sure seemed fun.

“It’s really amazing, seeing people sing along to our songs,” he said, and I saw that twinkle in his eyes that showed me how much he loved what he was doing. I was sitting on his bed, just looking and smiling at him, but still listening to every word he said while stroking his arm gently. “I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.”

“I’m sure you wouldn’t,” I said.

“But...” He looked down on his hand, and then slowly reached my hand and interlaced our fingers together. “It’d be better if you’d come with me.”

That was an invitation I was willing to take—very willing, in fact, but well, we both knew I couldn’t. “Yeah, well,” I started sadly, “there’s still school and it’s not like Mom would allow me to come.”

“Do you have any plans of telling her about us?” he asked.

I sighed, “Stephen, it’s just—I’m scared, okay? Because if I tell her, she might just force me to stop seeing you and I don’t want that.”

“Okay,” he gave up but he sounded sad.

“It’s easier this way,” I said, then I smiled a little. “And sneaking out is fun, don’t you think?”

He smiled back as well, “As long as you don’t get caught, it is.”

I reached down and kissed him on the forehead. “You better go get some sleep now, I don’t want you to stay here any longer.”

“Okay, but—” He moved a little to his left, “come lie down.”

“I don’t think I should be doing—”

“Come on, I wanna cuddle,” he said with a laugh. I smiled and blushed before finally giving in. I lied down beside him, and then wrapped an arm around his waist. “There you go,” he said. “Goodnight.” He moved to kiss me on the cheek, and then closed his eyes.

“Goodnight,” I said and snuggled closer to him.

After a few minutes, he had fallen asleep already. I could tell because his breathing was different when he was really asleep, and when he was just pretending. However, I just lied there with my eyes open, savouring this moment I was spending with him. I missed his scent. I missed hugging him like this. I was right making this trip, though my mom would probably ground me when I get back. It was worth it.

Thirty minutes had passed, and I already knew what I was gonna say to Mom when I get back: Alex had a little accident and I felt bad so I went to see him right away. Technically, I didn’t lie about the event, I just lied about the person. But I’m sure Mom won’t find out and she probably wouldn’t get suspicious, she knew Alex and I were still friends even after the break-up.

I closed my eyes, satisfied of my excuse, when suddenly my phone started vibrating against my pocket. I pulled it out and my screen showed an unsaved number calling. I slowly disentangled myself from Stephen as I answered the call.

“Hello?” I whispered, getting up from the bed and walking over to the door.

There was a sigh on the other end of the line. “Your mother is very angry right now, Bailey,” said the gentle voice of my grandmother. “Where on earth are you, young lady?”

I sighed as I went out of the room. “I’ll be back before Monday, Grandma,” I said. “I just...a friend of mine got into an accident and I felt bad, so I came here.”

“Without even asking permission from your mother? Bailey Elizabeth, what has gotten into you? I hope this is not because of the divorce,” she said.

“Grandma, it isn’t,” I reassured her. “I just...you know her, you know them, they basically live my life. This is me telling myself that I love my own life.”

She sighed. “Well I hope you’re safe and I hope she won’t ground you for too long when you come back,” she said.

I smiled a little. “I hope so too, Grandma. See you soon?”

“Yes, you will sweetheart. Goodbye!”

With that, she disconnected. I stayed outside the room for a while, sighing deeply. I wish I’d seen her and Grandpa leave, but well, I needed to Stephen too. I mentally made a note to visit them during summer for at least a week, I’m sure my mom would allow me.

I started walking down the hallway, deciding to go back to Stephen’s room and sleep, but as I was about to turn, a figure caught my eye. I looked back and backed up a little, studying the figure of a man that looked very familiar. He was escorting a pregnant woman to a room, the latter on a wheelchair. Finally, I saw his face, and although it was just the side, I knew it was him.

My father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailey finally sees her father again. What do you think is gonna happen next?

Comments, guys! x