Status: oneshot; completed;

Keep Your Enemies Close

Hindsight is my only flaw;

Elias lies in bed, sleeping peacefully while I watch him from the doorway.

No, I’m not being creepy. I’m his boyfriend, so I get to stare at him all I want.

I lean against the doorway and smile.

He’s oddly cute, in his own way, especially when he’s sleeping.

I remember when I first met him. I didn’t have one ounce of attraction towards him. I thought he was slightly stuck up, with a slightly upturned nose. He had a strong jaw line that made him seem like he was looking down at you, with those hawk-like eyes that bored holes in you. And… he was a total asshole.

A friend had introduced us that day. She thought that I was “lonely” because I had just gotten out of a three year long relationship.

~

“Kieran, darling, I want you to meet someone.”

I groan and throw my hands up. “Seriously, Ash, I don’t want to meet anyone. I’m not ready for another relationship. Not for a while at least.”

“No, I just want you to meet him. He’s such a nice person, and he’s amazing. Trust me.” Ashley grins, taking my hand in her. “Please? He’s really eager to meet you.”

“Really now?”

“Yep.”

“That’s fantastic. But I’m not looking.”

“Fine. Whatever. But just meet him.”

I sigh. “Okay. Fine. Just this once. Nothing else.”

She smiles and hugs me gently. “I promise you’ll like him.”

Turns out, he was this snot-nosed little brat who seemed to despise everything that had life. We went to this fancy restaurant where he was waiting at a booth. He looked like everything had germs and he didn’t want to touch even the menu.

“Elias! Hi!” Ashley smiles, sitting down on the opposite end. I slide into the booth beside her, and Elias’s eyes narrow at me.

“Who are you?” he asks rudely.

“Uhm. I’m Kieran. Nice to meet you?” It comes out more of a question, his hostile demeanor radiating off his body. I hold my hand out for him to shake it, but he turns his nose up, sniffing.

“Whatever. Ashley, you didn’t tell me you were bringing someone.”

She rolls her eyes and looks at me. “See? Uh, nice guy.”

“You honestly think this guy is good for me? He acts like I’m diseased.” I mumble, lowering my hand back down in my lap.

“I can hear you.”

“Good. And I think you should know, that you’re the most unattractive male I’ve ever met.”

“I don’t care what you think.” He sneers.

“You know what? Forget it. If I spend another minute with him, I think I’ll stab myself with this steak knife.” I growl, getting up. “Thanks a lot Ash. Nice try.” I mutter, walking away.

~

I laugh quietly at myself, thinking about our first meeting. That was ridiculous. Who would think that we’d be living with each other a year from now?

Our second meeting was completely on accident.

That was when I got fired from my job as a computer software engineer. That was my first job, and I’ve had the job since I was 20. I was 26 when they fired me. I was incredibly depressed, so I went to a bar, trying to drink everything away.

~

“Fancy seeing you here.”

I turn my head and see none other than Elias, leaning against the counter of the bar.

I snort into my drink and roll my eyes.

“Whatever.”

He shrugs and gets his beer, before walking to the opposite end of the bar, where another man waits for him. I stare at the man he’s with, scrutinizing him.

He’s not even that attractive. Why would Elias like him instead of me?

Elias’s friend motions towards me, and I quickly look down when Elias looks to where he’s pointing. I guess I’d been staring for a while, trying to figure out why he would go out for a drink with some ugly man instead of me.

I go back to drinking before someone taps my shoulder.

I look over.

“It’d be nice if you would stop staring at my boyfriend over there. He’s getting uncomfortable you know.” He smirks, examining his nails nonchalantly. “Just because I have a boyfriend and you don’t, doesn’t mean you have to scare my man away.”

“Fuck off. I’m not staring at “your man.” I’m just wondering why he’d go out with a douchy-ugly-fuck like you.”

Elias laughs and rolls his eyes. “At least he’s not lonely, like you.”

“I’m not lonely.” I snap, taking a swig.

“Whatever.”

And then he’s back on the other side with his boyfriend, laughing.

And when I see him laugh, I can’t help but think that he’s… attractive.

Damn. It must be the vodka, clouding up my mind with foggy delusions.

A man walks over, casually leaning against the bar. “Hi.”

“Uh, hi.”

“Can I get you a drink?”

“Sure.” I mumble.

Hey, he’s remotely attractive, and he’s buying me a drink. I’ll do anything for a free drink.

“Another shot over here.” The man says to the bartender, looking back at me. “I’m Jeremy.”

“Uhm, I’m Kieran.”

I see Elias out of the corner of my eye, staring at the man beside me. I grin slightly. “You’re cute.” I slur, leaning towards Jeremy. He grins back at me, leaning towards me as well, and I run my hand up his chest to his neck, pulling him close. Our lips meet in a sloppy, uncoordinated kiss. It’s definitely one of the worst kisses I’ve ever had. I twist slightly so that I can see Elias. He’s scowling at Jeremy now and he grabs his boyfriend, kissing him hard. I frown, and push Jeremy’s mouth open with my own, practically eating his face off. Elias kisses his boyfriend harder, gripping his cheeks.

Jeremy pulls away gasping. “Holy fuck.” He breathes. “Want to come back to my pla-… hey!” he yells, when someone pulls him away. Elias is standing there, lips cherry red, scowling.

“Get the hell out of here.” He hisses.

What the fuck!? I was just about to get laid!” I yell.

He grabs me by my loose tie and pulls me close. I can smell the alcohol in his breath. “What do you think you’re trying to do!?”

“What?”

“Stop kissing random boys. I know you’re just trying to get me jealous.” He growls.

I smirk. “And it seems to be working.”

He scowls and grabs my hand, pulling me off the barstool. “I’m taking you home, and I’m going to fuck you sober, you little brat.” He hisses, practically running out of the bar.

And so Elias took me home that night and fucked me sober, just like he promised.

~

Elias stirs slightly, and his eyes open, slightly disoriented.

When he catches sight of me, he grins. “’morning.” He mumbles, yawning.

I push away from the doorway and walk over. “Good morning to you too, sleepy head. Thought you’d never wake up.” He giggles and I smile, bending down and getting on my knees. I lean over and nuzzle the side of his neck and he sighs happily, wrapping his right arm around me. I grin and kiss and nap gently and he groans, pushing me off.

I smile and lean over, trying to kiss him, but he pushes me back. “Nuh-uh. You know I hate kissing you when I have morning breath.”

“I don’t care.” I smirk, leaning over and pressing my lips against his. He mumbles something but kisses me back anyways. It doesn’t matter, because even if he does have morning breath, I can’t taste it. All I taste is him.

He frees his lips from mine, and smiles. “I love you.”

“I know. I love you too. Now get up so you can go to work.”

He groans and pulls the blankets over us. I giggle and kiss his neck, his jaw line, his nose, and his lips. “No, I don’t want to. I’ll call in sick today.”

“And would you spend all day with me?”

“Of course I would. Why would I not?”

“Then I’ll call in sick for you.” I grin, kissing him and squirming out of the blankets. I grab his phone and flip through the contacts to “Work” and call it. Someone answers and I tell them that Elias is sick in bed, and he can’t make it to work today. When we hang up, I slip out of my jeans and crawl into bed beside Elias. He wraps his arms around me, and pulls the covers over our bodies. I press my face into the naked flesh on his chest and inhale. He always smells so good.

~

“Ugh. Fuck.”

“Here, take this. I found it in your medicine cabinet.” I mumble, handing over two small pills and a glass of tap water. Elias groans and gropes for it and swallows the pills and water.

“Thanks.” He mumbles, falling back onto the bed.

I feel like I should’ve left, but I knew he was going to have a shit hangover the next morning, so I stayed when I woke up. Naturally, I changed into my old clothes and had the decency to help him into some boxers so he wouldn’t wake up stark naked.

WAIT.” he yells, sitting up fast. “You… you… I… Fuck… I…”

“Yeah, you fucked me last night. My arse is insanely sore.”

He groans and falls onto the bed. “Goddamn.”

I laugh. “It’s okay.”

“No, it fucking isn’t… I… I was such a douche to you the past times we met. I was…”

He peeks up at me from under his arm. I stare at him expectantly.

“I just… I thought you were so attractive… and I’ve… I’ve never been the best looking guy. And I’ve always had such a shithole reputation. I don’t even know what my problem is.”

I giggle. “Elias, you silly thing.”

“In all honesty, I don’t think you’re as attractive as most men. But there’s just something about you. I like it. I really do.”

He looks at me, startled. “Y-you do?”

“Yeah. You’re such an eccentric, odd character. I want to get to know you more… How about I take you out to lunch today?”

And for a moment, he almost seems shy. “T-that’d be nice.” Elias whispers, blushing slightly. “N-no one’s really ever asked me out on a date before…”

I lean down close to him, “Then I’ll be the first one.” I murmur, focusing on his lips. I brush mine against his gently, and stand up. “Come on. Change so we can go. It’s already eleven.”

He seems in a daze, and he touches his lips.

I smile at him and walk out the door to give him some privacy.

~

I giggle, remembering his reaction to our first, real kiss.

“What are you laughing about?”

“I just keep thinking about our first date and kiss and everything. You were so cute and shy.”

He grunts. “Shut up.”

I kiss his chin. “I’m just saying. And you were all cute and everything about me taking you out.”

Elias laughs and hugs me tightly. “Because you were so freaking amazing. I never thought I’d end up with someone like you. God, I love you. So much.”

I know darling. I know.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Kieran, and this is Elias.

Honestly.
You hoes.
You have to read this: Just Because.
Because I say so.
x] I'm advertising because I'm a whore.
Okay?
Deal...

ON ANOTHER NOTE.
Whoot whoot.
I'm still here.
The end of the world is... not upon us.
Silly people.
If the world was ending, would I be busy trying to get oneshots in on the deadline?
Noooooooo.
Instead, I would be raiding the gun store, sharpening my machete, rummaging for my dad's pistol, finding my zombie apocalypse handbook (I'll eventually find it... It's somewhere around here), finding a good source of food and water, and putting my Left 4 Dead skills to good use. Which in other words, I'd play some last minute L4D2 on Xbox Live to get myself into shape. Not writing oneshots on Mibba.
Duhhhhh.
Which reminds me. Who wants to be on my Zombie Survivor's team? I want people who have good cardio and are good with guns and video games.
Just saying. For when the time comes...
-coughs-

**comments?

xo,
K

#nowplaying: Frostbite - Parkway Drive