Better off as Lovers

The Truth Hurts Worse

CHAPTER 20

Sopheap couldn’t sleep at all. She woke up the next day not wanting to go to school. She grabbed a pair of Jeans and a black top. Brianna went at her locker first thing in the morning.
“Hi” Sopheap said.
“Hey”
“So what’s up”
“Nothing but, I have to tell you something”
“Yeah?”
“Well Ryan called me yesterday”
“Good, what did he say?”
“He said Brendon is gonna go out with the new keyboard player”
“Oh really?”
“Yupp” Sopheap closed her locker door and went up to Alex’s locker.
“Sopheap where you going?” Brianna said. Sopheap grabbed Alex’s face and kissed him.
“Whoa… what was that for?”
“Oh nothing I just realized that I don’t like Brendon anymore”
“Cool” Brianna knew what Sopheap was doing was wrong but so was Brendon.

Alex and Sopheap walked in homeroom together.
“So do you wanna go to the movies tonight”
“Sure I would love to” Sopheap said smiling at him. Sopheap and Alex were officially a couple. Mr. Hall saw Sopheap and Alex holding hands.
“So Rogers, where’s your rock star boyfriend?”
“Oh I’m so over him” She walked to lunch and sat next to Brianna.
“Hey Bri”
“Hey”
“Guess what?”
“What?”
“I’m going to the movies with Alex tonight”
“Shut up!”
“Nope I really am”
“But you still love Brendon”
“Please Brendon, he was so 5 seconds ago”

Sopheap got ready to go to the movies. Alex picked her up around 9:00pm.
“Hey what movie are we gonna watch?”
“Any movie you want” He smiled at her.
“How about Because I said So?”
“Sure” He parked his car and the line was so long.

They got a jumbo size pop corn and slurpees. There was a fat guy sitting in front of them.

“Eww he stinks” Sopheap said.

Alex was laughing. The whole time they weren’t watching the movie they were throwing pop corn at the fat guy. They got kicked out cause he ratted them out. They just stood outside for a couple of minutes. It was so dark outside.

“God it’s freezing out” Sopheap said shivering. He kept her warm by hugging her.
“Alex you’re so sweet” He looked down and smiled at her.
“Come on let’s go get you home!” They raced to the car.

It was 11:30pm. He walked her up to the stairway.
“Thanks I had a lot of fun”
“Yeah me too” he said. She opened her door but he pulled her back and kissed her. His kisses were alright but she missed Brendon’s kisses. Sopheap really liked Alex. Brendon liked Maria a lot but they were both lost with out each other. Both couples dated through Spring break.