Status: Coming Soon!

Hidden

one

Allie was enjoying the peace and quiet of her uncle's apartment in downtown Boston, reading a book that held research for her English essay, when all of a sudden the silence was broken by the loud slamming of the front door. The bang was followed by loud talking and laughing. Deep, male voices. Looked like practice was over, and 'the guys' were hanging out here today.

She sighed and tried to keep reading, but couldn't tune out the loud hollering and whooping. She set her book down on her bedside table and fell backwards onto her bed, placing her hands on her forehead and covering her eyes.

Allie loved her uncle, and would be eternally grateful that he was letting here stay at his house to go to university. She had always been close with her Uncle Patrice and Aunt Martha. They had two children, but they were both back in Canada at university. Uncle Patrice was Allie's dad's youngest brother, and they had been nothing but amazing about letting her stay with them. The only problem she had had so far was, clearly, the noise levels that sometimes came with the apartment.

Uncle Patrice was a hockey player for the Boston Bruins. She loved hockey, and was planning to go to a game or two, and before university, she had watched them on TV when she could. But when it came to Uncle Patrice's loud teammates interrupting her study time, which they had done at least three times now, she was not impressed. Of course she wouldn't say anything, though. She was her aunt and uncle's guest, and she was not going to complain about anything.

It wasn't that she didn't like his teammates. They were a group of really nice, genuine, funny guys, even though most of them were old. Okay, well, not old - but too old to be considered friends of Allie's. She wouldn't have minded them coming over, if it was sometime when she was done school work. She guessed they had no way to know, but it still unnerved her.

She listened to the racket coming from the living room for a little while. When it settled down a bit, she decided to head into the kitchen to grab a drink and a snack, and figure out what to do from there.

Allie managed to slip by unseen. The men were too busy watching the San Jose vs Toronto game. She rounded the corner to the kitchen and stopped short as she realized someone was standing by the fridge, their head buried in it. Her eyes traveled down their figure, and she knew this wasn't a so-called 'old man'. He had dark brown hair, and he was skinny, but muscular. His shoulders, covered by his dark blue t-shirt, were wide-set and his arms were... well... huge. Allie couldn't help herself as her eyes wandered down to his backside and she noticed how well it looked in his jeans. He was tall, and as he straightened up, she noticed just how tall he was. He turned around, and her stomach flipped over.

He was cute. Allie froze, and her eyes flew down to the 6 or 7 bottles of beer in his arms. He didn't look old enough to drink. He kicked the fridge door shut and she looked back up at him just in time to meet his gaze. He had been about to move forward and he stopped, his once concentrated face turning into one of surprise. The two stared one another down for a moment, before Allie kicked herself into gear and spoke.

"Hi."

"Hi," he replied after a pause. She was taken aback. His voice was deep. Even the simple word coming out of his mouth made butterflies erupt in her stomach. She tried to shake herself of the thoughts.

"I'm, um, I'm Allie." Allie crossed her arms over her chest, before jutting one arm behind her and pointing in the direction of the living room. "Patrice's niece."

The boy's eyes lit up with recognition, and he nodded. "Ah. I'm Tyler."

She racked her brain. Tyler Who? Why had she ever met him before? Then it clicked. Oh. Tyler Seguin, the rookie. It all made sense,

"You, uh," Allie cleared her throat, and motioned to the bottles. "Need help?"

Tyler glanced down at his hands, and then grinned up at her. It was quite the pleasant thing to see. He nodded. "Yeah, thanks."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a small introduction. :)