Status: Coming Soon!

Hidden

ten

Allie's mind hadn't stopped playing a game of ping-pong since Tyler had left two days before. The Bruins had had an overnight trip to Chicago, and today, the day after they had returned, Tyler and Allie were going on... Well... A date.

Thoughts of excitement and thoughts of worry fought for dominance in Allie's head. She knew she liked Tyler. When he was sweet, he was incredibly sweet. But he had played with her head so many times... And he had said himself that he didn't know how to be in a relationship. What if he hurt her without even trying? He had to have some notion of the rights and wrongs in a relationship, didn't he?

The doorbell rang and Allie was broken out of her reverie. She began to panic. She grabbed her sparkly ballet flats and ran to the front door. She yanked it open, flustered, and motioned for Tyler to come in. He shut the door behind him.

"Not even the second date and you're inviting me in? Wow, I..." Allie looked up as Tyler trailed off. He looked sheepish as he mumbled, "Sorry."

Allie had planned to give him an annoyed look but when he had righted himself halfway through, it had caught her off guard. She found herself smiling a bit at his effort instead. She slipped her feet into her shoes, and they headed out.

***

Tyler held the door open for Allie as they entered the restaurant. She smiled and thanked him, and after giving his name, they were led to the back of the room. Tyler pulled out Allie's chair for her before pushing her in towards the table.

Allie looked around. They were in a nice but low-key Italian restaurant. It seemed as though Tyler had tried really to impress her, but not so much that she felt he was trying to rub his money in her face. It was nice, and Allie found herself smiling as Tyler sat down across from her.

The conversation was light, easy, and comfortable. Allie found herself relaxing a bit more, although every time Tyler looked at her with a smile, her stomach fluttered. 

After dinner, Tyler helped Allie into her jacket before leading her out the door. Allie felt her heart sink a bit as she realized the date was probably over. 

Tyler stopped a few steps from the restaurant, and Allie followed suit. She looked at him, and he smiled at her, his hands in his pockets. They gazed at one another for a moment before Tyler said, "Wanna go for a walk?"

***

"I'm sorry if tonight wasn't what you expected."

Allie looked over at Tyler in surprise. They were walking down a lighted path alongside the Charles River. Allie stopped, and Tyler turned to face her.

"Tyler," she said gently. "I had a great time."

Tyler let a small smile creep onto his lips. "Yeah?"

Allie nodded. "Yeah."

Tyler slid his hands into his pockets as they began to walk again. "It's just..." he paused. "You make me nervous." Tyler laughed as though what he was saying even surprised him. "Girls don't make me nervous," he added after a moment.

Allie wasn't sure what to say. She couldn't help but watch Tyler as he stared down at his hands. Her heart sped up and she felt herself melting at his expression of raw emotion. 

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she tried to calm herself down. Her mind's immediate reaction was to question whether or not he meant it. But as she took his body language, she knew he was telling the truth.

She wasn't sure what to do. The first thing she could think of was to ask, "Why?"

She watched as Tyler's lips lifted up into an embarrassed smile.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "You're smart, for one," he laughed. "That's a bit intimidating. You're pretty..." Allie looked down and Tyler insisted, "You are." 

Allie felt warmth shoot through her entire body as Tyler slid his hand into hers. He gave her hand a light squeeze, and Allie looked up, her lips tugging up slightly at the sides. 

"I like you," Tyler continued. "And that makes me nervous, I guess."

Allie took a deep breath. She smiled as she squeezed his hand back and said, "I like you too, Tyler, obviously..." she paused. "But are you serious about this? Because if not, tell me. Please." Her eyes searched his as they came to another stop and faced one another.

"I don't want to mess this up."

***

Allie turned back to face Tyler as they reached her uncle's apartment door. He gazed down at her, and she gave him a tiny smile.

"Thanks, Allie," Tyler said.

"You're welcome. Now we've both seen some of Baw-stun," Allie said, completely overdramatizing the accent and adding a little hip sway. She then preceded to burst into a fit of giggles, unable to control herself at how stupid that had just been. Tyler watched in amusement as she slowly calmed herself down. "Sorry," she began with a sheepish smile. "I-" 

Without a warning, Tyler was kissing her. Allie gasped slightly against his lips in surprise, her breath catching in her throat. Tyler was gentle and cautious, testing her reaction. As soon as she gained her bearings, she stood on her toes and kissed him back firmly. His hands lifted up, his fingers gently resting on her neck just underneath her chin, his thumbs on her cheeks. And nearly as quickly as it had begun, it ended. They pulled apart and Allie's mouth fell open slightly. She stared at him with wide eyes before realizing that the momentum from the kiss had caused her to grab onto the front of Tyler's shirt for stability. His hands were still on her face and he looked nearly as stunned as she. She slowly released the material covering his chest, and he let one hand fall, the other rubbing his thumb back and forth along her jaw before he let that one fall, too. 

Tyler was the first one to break the silence. "I'll, um," the corner of his lip turned up into a smile, breaking the tension slightly. Allie found herself smiling a bit in response and he continued, "I'll see you later?" Allie nodded and Tyler glanced at her lips once more before turning to go. Allie turned to the side to let him pass, and she watched as he retreated down the hall. She looked at the door, her mind replaying the scene, before glancing back at Tyler, only to find him looking over his shoulder. She lifted her hand in a wave and he did, too, before he turned the corner and disappeared from sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my second favourite kiss scene to write... The other is coming up. Hehe.

And, not to be bossy or anything like that, but.. There are over 150 subs to this and hardly anyone comments. I'd love to know your thoughts?

Also, idk Boston's travel schedule so I just randomly chose Chicago as the one night trip. I don't follow Boston ~