Status: I'll still continue my Prince Harry fic. :)

Everything Is Not What It Seems

Smile; It Anooys People Even More

“Gah. Slytherins. I hate them. Idiotic little… I hate that Ferret-y Malfoy!” I exclaimed at the top of my lungs as my best friends and I walked to the Great Hall for some lunch.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Cassandra Circe Di Angelo. I’m half Italian, half American. But I’m a pureblood. My dad owns our family’s large chain of muggle hotels, magic shops, cafes… we practically own half of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. My mother is an interior designer for muggle houses. You could say that she’s an architect. Me? I’m just a 5th year student here at Hogwarts. I’m in Gryffindor. I’m an only child and I’m 16 years-old. My best friends are Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley. I strongly dislike Draco Malfoy. He’s a selfish git.

“Easy, Cass. We know how you feel.” Hermione said softly and I scowled as I sat down beside her. Harry and Ron sat down opposite us.

“I’m going to kick their sorry arses with my amazing ninja skills.” I grumbled and scooped a small amount of mashed potatoes on my plate then dug in.

“Oh, look, it’s the bulimic little witch.” I heard his snotty voice. I turned around and looked at him through narrowed eyes. I think I looked like a Slytherin then and there.

“Don’t give him the satisfaction, Cass.” Hermione said and put a hand on my arm that was reaching out to grab my wand. I’m going to Avada Kedavra this little ferret. I don’t care if I got to Azkaban for life. I’m still going to kill him. For the sake of humanity.

“Don’t do it, Cass.” Harry warned.

“Shut up, Potty. Mudblood.” Malfoy said in the same snotty tone. I was really tempted to Avada Kedavra him then and there but thought about my parents. What would they say if I went to Azkaban for life? So, instead of scowling and killing him, I smiled; showing my teeth. I stood up and faced him fully. He looked at me like I was on crack.

“Draco, you look so handsome today. And.. you smell so good. I just want to kiss you.” I said sweetly and smiled at him. His jaw dropped and I heard some snickers coming from the Gryffindor table. He huffed and walked off. I sat back down and dug in my mashed potatoes. I know I wasn’t supposed to mean any of those to him.. but.. I half meant those words. I have this small crush on Draco. It’s been there ever since we were first years. But, I couldn’t let anybody know that. Not a living soul knows about it.. well, maybe except my mom. But, she knows EVERYTHING about me.

“Did you see his face!?” Ron asked with his mouth stuffed with some bread. I smiled and shook my head.

“As a matter of fact, I did. It was priceless.” I said and laughed quietly; sneaking a glance at the Slytherin table. Searching desperately for the blond I had just talked to.

“I wasn’t expecting those words from you.” Harry said with a grin. I looked at him and smiled a half smile.

“Ooh, the owls are here.” Ron stated and we all looked up. An owl landed in front of me and I patted its head gently.

“Hello there, Chocolate.” I cooed and took the letter that she dropped on the table. A parcel dropped in front of me and I looked at it in awe.

“Who’s it from?” Hermione asked.

“It’s from my mum… and my dad.” I whispered and untied the parcel. Inside was a box with a picture of a camera on it. A muggle camera. My parents sent me muggle stuff. And a new pair of pumps. They do this every week.

“It’s a camera.” Hermione stated and I laughed.

“Yup. Dad must’ve gone to the muggle world to do some business.” I said and opened the box. Inside was a black professional-looking camera. I took it in my hands and smiled widely before uncapping the lens and taking it’s first picture. A picture of nothing in particular. I looked at it and realized that behind Harry and Ron… Malfoy was laughing with his friends. He looked so handsome. WAIT! Snap out of it. You need to hate him. He’s a Slytherin. You’re a Gryffindor.

“Herms, I’m just going to take this up to our room. And, I’ll read the letter later.” I said softly and grinned at them before I walked off with the parcel and letter in hand.

“’Cause I can’t help it if you look like an angel
Can’t help it if I want to kiss you in the rain, so
Come feel this magic I’ve been feeling since I met you
Can’t help it if there’s no one else
Hmm.. I can’t help myself.”
I sang quietly and then looked around to see if anyone had heard me. Not for away behind me, Malfoy walked. My face turned scarlet and I closed my eyes before I continued walking as if his smirk wasn’t so attractive.

“Hey, Di Angelo.” He called. I continued walking as if I hadn’t heard him. Then, I felt his hand on my arm. Tingles shot up my spine. And, I was wearing my robe. I wonder what would happen if it was skin to skin contact?

“What, Malfoy?” I asked him; fake venom seeping in my tone.

“That stunt you pulled earlier. Clever.” He complimented with a smirk on his wonderful face. WAIT! WHAT!? He COMPLIMENTED ME!? Holy… IS THE WORLD ENDING!? Draco Malfoy just complimented me.

“Hm. Sod off, ferret boy.” I snapped and kept my cool on. As if receiving a compliment from the hottest boy in Hogwarts was no big deal.

“Now, that’s just mean.” He said and walked beside me. I ignored him but he just kept on walking with me.

“You’re still here? I thought I told you to sod off.” I said and avoided his penetrating gaze.

“Look, Cassandra! I am trying to be nice here.” He snapped at me and grabbed my arm again before turning me towards him. I looked at his face with my face scrunched up in mock irritation.

“Don’t fucking touch me, Malfoy. I might get your germs. And… YOU!? Trying to be nice? Is the world ending or what?” I scoffed and he glared at me.

“The world is not ending. There’s just something… weird about you.” He answered and I fought the blush that was creeping up to my cheeks.

“Way to make a girl feel special, Malfoy. Now, again, sod off before I Avada Kedavra your sorry arse.” I snapped and shoved him aside before I continued the long walk to the Gryffindor common room.

*Draco’s P.O.V*

That girl. Cassandra Circe Di Angelo. My sworn enemy. I loathed her. Not exactly… but I can never tell her that she has the most beautiful chocolate brown hair and deep blue eyes that I have ever seen… all because she’s from Gryffindor and I’m from Slytherin. I mean, what would my fellow Slytherins say if and when I court and date that beautiful masterpiece!? Her words from earlier made my dormant heart lurch with excitement. She provided me with an emotion that I haven’t felt with any other girl.

I saw her get up from her seat and followed her with the excuse of going to my room. She was singing quietly but it still reached me. Her voice was like that of a thousand angels. I blinked twice and gulped before I summoned up the guts to talk to her in a nice way.

I can’t believe it! She called me ferret boy! Oddly enough… coming from her lips… it sounded more menacing than the way her so-called friends said it. She even told me not to touch her! I can’t believe this girl! Is she playing hard-to-get or something!? She just frustrates me to no end!

“Way to make a girl feel special, Malfoy. Now, again, sod off before I Avada Kedavra your sorry arse.” She snapped at me with such a force that I stumbled a bit. She said ‘Avada Kedavra’. Bloody hell! I think my pants just got tighter. There isn’t anything more appealing than a girl threatening to kill you with the unforgivable killing curse.

“I’m sorry, Cass.” I muttered and bit my lip at the realization that I had called her by her nickname. She stopped dead in her tracks and glared at me. That didn’t scare me.. but it sure did turn me on.

“What did you just say?” She asked slowly; enunciating every word as she walked towards me. Her wand in her free hand; pointing to my chest. I backed up to the wall seeing as she was walking towards me with the tip of her wand jabbing my chest. Various thoughts played in my head and the tightness of my pants only increased.

“Nothing.” I mumbled. She stood on her toes and looked at me dead in the eye. Her lips were only centimeters from mine and I felt her hot, minty breath against my lips. She stood so close to me that I had to summon all of my willpower to not bring her flush against me and press my lips to hers. I looked into her deep blue eyes again and then down at her lips. They were just enticing. This was it… take it or leave it.
♠ ♠ ♠
alrught, people.. I am going to try this Draco Malfoy story out. I'm also writing another fanfic concerning HP. The other one is about Draco's twin who joins him at Hogwarts and she falls in love with Harry. Just lave comments in the comment tab if you want that one instead of this one. :)

Oh, and.. please, if you guys have any complaints about the layout or some spellings or.. anything at all.. DON'T REPORT ME. Just leave comments in the comment box and I'll fix it. Please and thank you. :)