Status: I'll still continue my Prince Harry fic. :)

Everything Is Not What It Seems

Was That Him?

It’s been a few weeks since I confessed being a true Slytherin to Draco and we couldn’t have gotten on better. We’d still do our secret meetings despite his prefect duties and we’d go back to our dorms at around 4 in the morning; then, we’d usually fall asleep in class which was just… not good for our houses. Winter break is tomorrow and we had been planning to spend it at each other’s houses so we can spend a lot of time with each other and so that our parents would know our significant other.

“I can’t believe it. My parents allowed me to stay at Draco’s.” I said giddily as I plopped down on a chair in the Gryffindor common room. Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at me with confused looks on their faces. Oh yes, Ron and Harry apologized about being gits when they found out about me and Draco. But, that didn’t mean that they liked him. They just respected my decision to go out with Draco.

“Why would they let you stay at that ferret’s house?” Ron asked. I grinned; not in the mood to be angry since I was so elated.

“Because they trust me. And, it just so happens that my dad and Draco’s dad get along very well. And, our moms used to be shopping buddies when they were children. My parents have a whole secret life that I don’t know about.” I said and giggled.

“You’re actually giggling. Bloody hell.” Ron said and I bit my lip to stop my giggle from escaping.

“He just makes me so giggly like a little school girl. I love him.” I said and sighed dreamily. Harry made a grossed-out face.

“He’s not that bad. He’s really nice to me. He’s just so charming… and lovely… and handsome… and smart… and… he just makes me feel so happy.” I said and sunk lower into the couch as I sighed again.

“You have got it bad.” Hermione teased and I smiled at her.

“I know.” I said and giggled again.

“Excuse me, Cassandra Di Angelo… D-Draco Malfoy is waiting for you o-outside.” A first year stuttered. He looked scared to death. I wonder what Draco did to scare this boy out of his own mind.

“Thank you. Don’t mind whatever threat Draco told you. He’s just bluffing.” I said and patted the first year’s head in a comforting manner before getting up from my seat and half skipping out of the common room.

“Draco…” I called in a bubbly manner and wrapped my arms around my wonderful boyfriend. He chuckled and pressed his lips lightly against mine.

“Hello, love. I just came up to remind you that I’ll be waiting for you out here tomorrow morning.” He whispered and I blushed. He came up here just to tell me that. What a wonderful boyfriend.

“You are just so sweet, Draco Malfoy.” I said and buried my face in the crook of his neck and inhaled his manly scent.

“I do try… for you.” He answered and I giggled against his skin which caused him to shiver involuntarily.

“As much as I want to invite you in the common room for some tea… I can’t… the other Gryffindors will either murder me or kick me out of the house.” I said and we laughed quietly.

“Slytherins and Gryffindors don’t get along well.” Draco murmured and I nodded in agreement.

“But… look at us. We’re from Slytherin and Gryffindor. We get along VERY well. Heck, we’re dating. And, I’m even going to spend a week at your lovely manor.” I said and kissed his neck lightly. He chuckled.

“True. And, I can’t wait to go to your home tomorrow morning. I already owled my parents that they don’t need to pick me up at the station since I’m heading straight to your house. They said yes and to behave myself.” He said and I laughed quietly.

“That’s great! I’m sure that you’ll behave yourself once we get there. But, I do prefer your… darker side. It’s undeniably… sexy.” I whispered in his ear and I heard his breathing cease.

“You are such a tease.” He breathed in my ear and I laughed.

“I reserve that only for you, Dray.” I answered and looked into his blue-gray eyes.

“That’s good to hear. I thought I would have to murder those other gits you flirt with.” He said and smirked his Malfoy smirk.

“I only associate this way with you, Dray. Rest assured that you’re my one and only.” I said softly and pecked his lips. He grinned and pressed his lips against mine in a very passionate manner. We stayed like that for at least a minute and a half and then we broke off. I laughed at him because he had swollen lips.

“What’s so funny?” He asked with a knowing smirk on his face.

“Your lips are swollen.” I said and quieted my laughter.

“You’re the one to speak.” He teased and poked my side.

“Don’t poke me, Draco Malfoy. My father will hear about this.” I mocked him and we connected gazes then laughed so loudly that we could’ve woken the whole school.

“It helps that our parents know each other, right? That means my father will not shun you because you’re in Gryffindor. And, your mother will not shun me because I’m in Slytherin.” He said and I nodded in agreement.

“Mind you… 70% of my mother’s side of the family were in Slytherin. The remaining 30% were in Gryffindor. And, those in Gryffindor made the family name even more valuable than it already was. My dad’s side… is undeniably full of people from Slytherin. Which means my cousins tease and taunt me and beat me up because I’m in Gryffindor.” I said and he looked at me in concern.

“You cousins? The same two 7th year cousins you have here? Marcus and Marco Winston? Wait, how come they aren’t Di Angelos?” Draco asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Their mom, my Auntie Sienna married a man named Marion Winston. Duh. But, I was just joking earlier. They don’t do those things to me. I do those things to them.” I gave an evil chuckle before continuing. “But, with great reason. They annoy the hell out of me. And, I need to fit in with the ‘evil ones’ in the Di Angelo family. So, they don’t treat me differently just because I’m in Gryffindor. I am well-loved in my family, thank you very much.” I said and Draco laughed.

“You are one extraordinary girl. I guess that’s why I fell in love with you.” Draco said and kissed my forehead.

“You are just too sweet for your own good. Well, I best be going. Professor McGonagall’s going to flip when she finds me standing out here and snogging you.” I said reluctantly. Draco gave a tight-lipped smile and then pulled me in for another hug.

“There’s another reason why I went up here. I came here to give you this.” He said and held up a beautiful white gold necklace with a white gold band as the pendant. I gasped at the simple but beautiful piece of jewelry.

“I had this specially made for you. I would have given this to you last week but it just arrived thirty minutes ago. Think of it as a promise ring and necklace.” He said softly and clasped the necklace around my neck as I held my hair up. He kissed the back of my neck lightly which made me blush a billion patches of red. I inspected the ring and read the inscription on it.

‘I’ll never let you go.’

“This is just… so… amazing, Draco. Thank you! I love you so, so much.” I said and wrapped my arms around him as I tried to reign my tears in. Thank Merlin they were cooperating. I touched my lips to his and he smiled.

“I love you, too. Now, go get some sleep. I still need to do my prefect duties.” He said softly and kissed the tip of my nose.

“Alright. Stay safe, okay? And, go catch some trouble makers for me.” I said and pecked his lips one last time before I walked towards the portrait of the fat lady.

“Will do, love. Good night and sweet dreams. I’ll meet you here tomorrow morning. I love you.” He said before he descended the stairs. I blew him a kiss.

“I love you, too.” I bid and then turned back to the fat lady in the portrait.

“Password?” She asked.

“Googly moogly.” I answered and the portrait swung open. I walked back in the common room and saw all eyes on me.

“What’s up?” I asked dumbfoundedly.

“Was that Malfoy who you were talking to outside? The same Malfoy who’s a slimy git who picks on every person in existence?” Ginny asked me.

“Watch you mouth, Gin. He’s not a slimy git. But, yes. I was talking to him? Why?” I asked confusedly.

“We heard EVERYTHING, mate.” Seamus Finnigan said in his Scottish accent. I blushed beet red and clutched the necklace that Draco gave me.

“At least she’s changing Malfoy bit by bit. He’s not picking on us as much as he used to.” Hermione defended. I shot her a grateful look which she returned with a smile and a nod.

“You and Malfoy are so cute together! We heard everything! You even made him say ‘I love you’.” Parvati Patil gushed. I blushed again and smiled at her.

“And, it wasn’t just once or twice. You two said it a lot! He’s even sweeter than Harry!” She continued to gush.

“He’s only sweet to you, isn’t he?” Ginny asked as she plopped down beside me on the couch.

“Well, yeah…” I answered unsurely.

“Did he give that to you?” A 3rd year girl asked. I blushed and clutched the necklace tighter to me.

“Yeah. He gave this to me.” I answered and smiled down at the ring that hung on the white gold chain.

“Does the ring have anything written on it?” Asked Parvati. I showed her the ring and she read the inscription out loud.

“I’ll love you ‘til the end of time.” She read. I looked confused for a moment and read the inscription. From ‘I’ll never let you go’ it turned to what Parvati had said. Then, she gasped.

“It changed. I’ll always be yours.” She read again. The ring must be enchanted to change inscriptions every so often. Draco is just the sweetest person in existence. He really knows how to make a girl feel like the most important person in the world.

Parvati kept reading the ever changing inscriptions for five minutes. All of which made the girl sigh with envy everytime it became sweeter than the last one.

“You are the best thing.” Parvati paused. “that’s ever been mine.” She said and all of the girls ‘awww’ed. I smiled fondly at the thought of Draco and silently thanked Merlin for giving him to me.

“Love, Draco.” Parvati read again.

“I guess that’s every inscription. I never knew that Malfoy could be this loveable.” A girl in our year gushed. I glared daggers at her and she noticeably paled.

“Hands off. Draco is mine.” I snapped and she hung her head.

“Sorry for snapping at you. It’s just.. he’s my first and hopefully my last. And… I guess I just love him a lot to be this territorial.” I apologized and she nodded with a timid smile on her face.

“I better go to bed. Draco will kill me if he finds out that I stayed up until wee hours without his consent.” I joked and the girls laughed and then followed suit. We all went up to our own dorms and got ready for bed before turning in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. Sorry for the very long hiatus! I was pretty busy wallowing in self pity. :| because of my face... and the fact that my mom didn't let me go to the toy convention yesterday. THE COSTUMES USED FOR THE MOVIES WERE THERE! My best friend got to see Draco's Quidditch uniform. :(

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261709_1598971872795_1790981585_1092752_1245182_n.jpg

TOM FELTON ACTUALLY WORE THIS??? :( And.. I wasn't there... within a foot of it.