Remember Me

Seven

Letting out a small sigh, I opened the door to the bookstore.

“Good morning, Kassidy.” I placed a small fake smile on my face as I heard Charlie’s voice.

“Hi, Charlie.”

“Are you coming out with Becca and I tonight?”

“No.” I told him. His smile was replaced with a frown. “I’ve got some things to do tonight.”

“Like what? Sit in front of the telly and cry over Harry.” I heard Becca’s voice. I whipped my head towards where she was standing. “It’s actually pathetic that you’re like this. Did you honestly think that anything was going to happen between the two of you?” I licked my lips and looked back at Charlie.

“I was planning on enrolling to a university tonight. Since the dead lines are soon.” I smiled at him again. He just gave me a nod.

I walked into the backroom, pushing right past Becca.

“How are you going to afford to go to school and pay rent?” I heard Becca’s voice.

“Don’t worry about it.” I said as I shoved my things into my locker. I turned and looked at her. She looked me up and down and rolled her eyes. “Oh, and don’t worry, I’ll be looking for somewhere else to live.”

I pushed my way past her again and walked out into the store.

“Hey Charlie.” He looked at me. “Could I please not have shifts that have me either working with Becca or not seeing her?” He just stared at me. “Please and thank you.”

“I, wow.” I smiled at him. “Yeah, I guess you can.”

“I’m gonna go across the street and get a cup of coffee.” I told him as I headed back into the back room to get my jacket and bag. “I’ll just be five minutes.” I smiled at him. “Large coffee with lots of sugar?”

“Yeah, please.” I smiled at him as I walked out of the store.

I took the short walk across the street to the Starbucks. Entering the store, I smiled as I smelt the deliciousness of the store. I quickly got in line and stared at the menu for a second.

“May I help you?” I smiled at the worker.

“Yes, may I please have a tall coffee with lots of sugar, a tall double chocolaty chip frappuccino, and one birthday cake doughnut.” She gave me a nod as she put my order into the computer.

“Your total is 8.50 euros.” I nodded and dug through my bag for my wallet. Grabbing the right amount of cash I handed it over to her with a small smile.

Stepping aside, I waited for my order.

“A tall coffee, lots of sugar.” I smiled as I heard Charlie’s order.

“That’s mine.” I smiled at the boy. “Thank you.” I grabbed both drinks and the bag which held my doughnut and took a sharp turn running into someone.

I let out a sigh as I stared at my frappuccino, which now laid all over the ground in front of me. As well as Charlie’s coffee.

“I’m very sorry.” I said as I looked up at whoever I just ran into. My mouth hung open in shock.

“We should really stop meeting like this, Kassidy.” Snapping my mouth shut, I just stared at him.

“Yeah, we should.” I looked over at the counter. “May I please have another of those?” She simply nodded at me as I turned away from Harry and walked back to the counter.

“Let me pay for those.” I heard him behind me.

“No, your highness, no need. Thanks anyways.” Pulling out just enough money for the items I paid again. Taking another step aside, I could feel his eyes on me.

“You’re not talking to me?” I let out a small laugh. “Alright then.” I continued to ignore him. “I was just over at the bookstore, Charlie told me you were over here.” I ignored him again.

“Thank you.” I told the boy again as he handed me my drinks again. I turned around and looked at Harry. Giving him a forced smile, I walked away from him. Returning to the store.

_________

“So, Harry was here for you.” Charlie told me.

“I know.” I said softly, as I took a bite of my doughnut. “He made me waste more money over at Starbucks, then what I should have.” He laughed at me.

“I’m glad that you think that this is funny.” I paused. “Actually, you thought it was funny the first time it happened too.” He smirked at me.

I let out a sigh as I stood up, grabbing my drink I walked back out into the store to relieve Becca. I could feel her eyes on me as she glared at me. Shrugging them off, I looked up at the customer.

“Don’t.” He started. Rolling my eyes at him, I started to walk away from the register. “Kass.”

“Why are you here?” I asked him. I could tell that the question had caught him off guard. “Are you just here to see how much you’ve hurt me?” I shook my head as I looked away from him. He didn’t answer me. “Right.” I sighed as I walked back into the back room. “Charlie, could you please go out there.” He nodded, and without question he got up and walked out there. “Thank you.” I mumbled as I threw myself on one of the couches.

Throwing my head back, I let out a sigh of frustration.

“I’m sorry.” I heard his voice. He sat next to me. “I really don’t have a reason as to where I’ve been.” I looked over at him. “I just figured that you really didn’t want to see me, anymore.”

“I never said that.” I told him. “All I said was that I was afraid to ruin anything we had between us.”

“Our friendship.” I let out a laugh.

“Oh please.” I huffed. “I know that you like me more than just a friend, Harry.”

“Oh?” I nodded. “Just like I know you like me more than just a friend.” He paused. “You just have to trust me. I do know what I’m doing.” I rolled my eyes at him, and smiled a bit as I heard him laugh.

The next thing I knew, he was leaning into me. And before I knew it, his lips where pressed against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe. Whatever.
♥♥♥