Sandcastles

eleven

Waking up the next morning was the hardest things I had to do. I didn’t want to uproot myself from the warm covers, or leave the safety of Jonny’s arms. But, as usual, I didn’t have much of a choice. My morning was disrupted by someone poking me in the face, telling me it was time to get up.

“No it’s not,” I groaned, “Go away.”

“Bailey, I am not going away until you get out of this bed,” the voice whispered, obviously trying not to wake up Jonny.

“Erin,” I sighed, opening one eye to look at the girl who was smiling down at me. She had always been the type to wake up at the crack of dawn to see what type of new adventure the day would hold. I, however, enjoyed sleep.

Before I could continue, she had a hold of my arm and pulled me out of bed. To my surprise, I actually landed on my feet instead of ending up in a giant heap on the floor. “Can I at least get dressed?” I questioned, looking at my attire. I was wearing nothing but a bra and pair of sleeping shorts. Not really things to go out in public wearing.

“Uhh,” looking around, Erin picked up the shirt Jonny had worn the night before and threw it at me. “No time really, and you’re not going far.”

Sighing, I slid on the shirt and followed her out of the room, looking back to make sure that Jonny was still sleeping before I closed the door behind me.

“Where are we going?” I asked, looking around for any sense of what time it was.

Erin just laughed slightly and started to pull me along. Before I knew it, our trip had led us poolside, where we seemed to spend a majority of our time. I felt ridiculous with how I was dressed, and could pretty much feel eyes on me as I made my way to the table where Sara and Christine sat, both looking like they had been victims of Erin’s ambush as well. I took my seat with a sigh, reaching out for Sara’s coffee which had been strategically placed within arm’s reach.

“Alright, if we want Sara to have an amazing beach wedding by our last day here, we have a lot of planning to do,” I felt Erin’s eyes land on me as soon as she finished speaking. Of course I was needed for this planning, but before I could open my mouth to say anything, Sara had already beaten me to it.

“Beach wedding? WHAT beach wedding?!” She questioned, seeming slightly offended that nobody had let her in on these plans just yet.

I felt everyone’s eyes land on me. I tried my best to hide my smile behind the coffee cup, but it didn’t work out so well. Taking another sip of coffee, I lowered the cup and looked to Sara. “We though that you’d want a nice, Bahamas beach wedding with the people you care about the most there,” I offered, watching Sara’s expression, but she was giving next to nothing away. “We want to see you say your ‘I do’s. We’re your best friends and you sort of left us out of one of the best days of your life.”

I could see Sara thinking. Thoughts were forming in that pretty little head of hers, and she was trying her hardest to figure out how to work whatever she was about to say. “I didn’t mean to make you guys feel left out,” she started, taking back her coffee cup and sighing, “It was sort of a…spontaneous moment. We weren’t going to tell anybody until we got back to Chicago and could have a normal wedding, but I was too excited to hold it in.”

“Can you just tell us if we’re allowed to throw you a wedding or not?” Christine interrupted, a smile growing on her lips.

“Fine. FINE.” Sara said, lifting her hands to calm us all down. “You can plan me a beach wedding.”

-x-

“She finally agreed?” Jonny said. He was lounging on my bed, arms folded over his head. When I had gotten back to my room, he was missing, but it didn’t take long for him to reappear in my doorway. He was dressed in just his swim trunks, and it took all of my will power not to throw myself at him the moment he walked through the door.

“Yeah. I think she felt bad to be honest,” I said, peeking my head around the corner of the bathroom to see him again. I tried to hide my smile by biting my lip, but that failed, so instead I just went back to looking in the mirror.

“How long are you going to be dress shopping?” He questioned.

Sighing, I walked out of the bathroom and took a seat next to him on the bed. “I don’t know. Hopefully not long. But the girls want to go out to either a bar or club tonight.” Leaning against him, I closed my eyes, still tired from my rather early wake-up call.

“Kaner mentioned that. Chances are we’ll be joining you, at least we will of Kaner gets his way,” Jonny kissed the top of my head softly. “Which means we’ll see you later. Dinner tonight?”

I nodded, sitting myself up a little bit straighter, turning myself to get a better look at him. “By the way, you need to put a shirt on.” I knew the expression on my face was far from serious, but he decided to play along anyways.

“Why?” He asked, looking down at his body before looking back at me curiously.

“Because you look entirely too good,” I answered, climbing on top of him and kissing him quickly. Before I could return myself to where I sat on the bed, his arms were around me, and his lips back on mine. There was no way I was going to be able to escape his grip, and I had no reason to want to.

His hands slowly slid up my shirt as I let mine rest on his rib cage. Tazer was gorgeous, there was absolutely not doubt about that, and the fact that I could make out with him like this anytime I wanted to made me smile. We were so distracted by one another that I didn’t even noticed my friends walk through the door.

“Oh dear Lord,” Sara said before reaching for my arm and yanking me from that bed for the second time today. “You can procreate later. We’ve got dresses to look at.”