Status: Active at the moment :)

Stop Right There

Chapter one

The common room was beginning to empty rapidly, students not wanting to be late for their lessons. Hermione Granger was gathering all her books into her bag, getting ready for her class Ancient Runes, one of the few classes she didn't have with Harry and Ron.

"You ready Hermione?" Ron asked impatiently, hovering over her.

"Yes, give me a second," Hermione answered, clicking the clasp on her bag, "Ready."

She straightened up as Harry held her bag, and brushed down her robe, removing most of the cat hairs that clung stubbornly to it. After taking her bag from Harry, the trio made their way out the portrait of the fat lady and down the moving staircases.
Hermione had to leave Harry and Ron halfway, as they studied Divination. She thought it was a waste of time.
Arriving with minutes to spare, she sat down in her usual spot and removed her text book, sitting up importantly as the teacher walked in.

"Hello class, settle down." He muttered, casually leaning against the desk, "We have a new student in out class today,"

He made a gesture towards the door where non other then Draco Malfoy stood, a smirk plastered on his arrogant face. Hermione groaned as she realised that the only spare spot was next to her.

"You'll have to sit by Miss Granger today. Is that okay?"

"No problem Professor." Malfoy smirked.

Hermione had the sudden urge to bang her head against the desk in defeat, knowing there was nothing to be done. Instead, she sat up straighter ignoring the scrape of a chair next to her. She listened intently as the teacher droned on and on. It was only when he'd stopped talking, Hermione was faced with either speaking to Malfoy or ignoring him completely.

"Hello Granger," Malfoy's arrogant voice came from the side of her.

Okay, so option two was ended.

"Malfoy," She said with a curt nod.

"I bet you're wondering why I'm hear." Malfoy mused, smirking.

"I really couldn't care less." Hermione muttered, studying her text book closely. "So leave me alone,"

"Granger, I'd love to. But I wasn't listening so you'll have to tell me what to do."

"And why would I do that? It's your fault you didn't listen." She snapped.

"Stupid mud blood," Draco's voice was venomous.

Hermione snapped her text book shut and walked right out of the classroom, his eyes brimming with tears. She didn't know why Malfoy had such a effect on her, it was pathetic really. But she couldn't help it, he was just so mean.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, thanks for reading. I hope you liked it. Comment?
And I promise it will get better, I have BIG plans x