Status: Active at the moment :)

Stop Right There

Chapter Four

It was when they were all sitting in the common room that the idea came to her. It was dangerous, brilliant but would hopefully lead to the answers Hermione craved. She stood up, brushing cat hairs off her robes, before turning to Ron and Harry.

“I have to go … somewhere,” She began, keeping her tone light and avoiding their eyes, “I won’t be that long, but don’t bother staying up for me. If you’re tired just go to bed.”

“Is everything all right?” Harry asked, his green eyes vivid beneath his glasses.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t it be?” She challenged.

“I just thought – It doesn’t matter.”

“Okay then, see you later.”

Hermione opened the portrait hole and climbed through, disappearing into the dark corridor. She treaded carefully, not wanting to be heard by any fellow Gryffindors. Her robes were dark, camouflaging her into the shadow which was an advantage.
She knew exactly where to go, having had directions to the Slytherin common room in her second year. She, Ron and Harry had taken polyjuice potion in order to become Malfoy’s allies. They were in need of information from him, thinking he was responsible for a number of attacks. Even though Hermione’s goblet of polyjuice potion had gone horribly wrong, it didn’t stop Harry and Ron explaining where the Slytherin common room was.
Hermione had decided to visit it, this time, for a completely different reason.
Out of breath and worn out, she had finally reached it. Settling down on the cold stone floor, she was prepared to wait.
Finally he appeared out the common room, his whitish blond hair luminous in the growing darkness.

“We need to talk Malfoy,” Hermione spat, stepping forward.

Malfoy almost jumped out of his skin, leaping dramatically when he heard her voice.

“Hermione,” He whispered, still shocked, “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk,” She repeated.

“I can’t. I have to –“

“Shut up and listen,”

Malfoy fell quite, no trace of arrogance in his face.

“I don’t know what we’ve done to you, or why you’re so mean. But it ends. It ends tonight. Ignore us, do whatever you please. But just don’t come and find us. Leave us alone; because I’m sick of it,” Hermione whispered, a manic glint in her eyes, “I just don’t know why you hate me so much. Is it because I’m a … a …. A mudblood? Is that it?”

“What?” I don’t hate you Hermione,” He wasn’t looking at her, “I could never hate you”

She laughed coldly, “You have a funny way of showing it. Just leave me alone. Goodnight Draco Malfoy,”

“Wait, Hermione,” He grabbed her arm almost painfully, “Do you hate me?”

Hermione took a deep breath before turning to him, twirling on her heel and facing Malfoy. She mused on an answer for a brief second before speaking, proud and cold.

“No, Malfoy. Despite everything you’ve put us through, I do not hate you.”

“Then do me a favour and please take me up on my truce. I’m, I’m sorry.”

She studied him for a moment, taking in his face which seemed amazingly genuine. His eyes were wide, childlike, not the usual narrowed glare.

“Please,” He breathed, “Please. It would make Ancient Runes just a tad more bearable.”

“Okay,” Hermione frowned, “But remember this. I am not your friend Malfoy. I will never be. And I just hope someday you’ll explain to me what I’ve done wrong. And why you hate me so much.”

“I don’t hat-“

“Save it.”

Hermione marched off, with a mass of brown hair blowing behind her. She wasn’t sure what had just happened, but she knew it was good. Wasn’t it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well, first of all, thank you so much for reading. I don't have a lot of readers on this one, compared to the others but I really do appreciate it so thanks.

Well, I'm not going to be on mibba for a whole week after today so I'm updating almost everything today. Those of you who are in the middle of my other fan - fics, I'm going to be updating most of those so check 'em out. And people who are only reading these, you might like my others. They consist of Harry Potter, Vampire Diaries and Doctor Who.

Also thirdly, (I think thirdly) I'll have another story out today, Harry Potter wise. All I need to do is make the layout and then I'll have it out.
It'll be called 'When the future met the past'
Basically, something happens which causes Hermione to go back in time and visit Sirus, Lupin, James and Peter.
Please check it out, if you like this you'll love that.

And as for this story. It's taking a while to get into it a bit, but be patient, I'm writing and writing. The millions of cups of coffee I've just had will help :D

Thank you for reading all this.