Since Then We've Been History

"He's Going to Miss You."

I stood on the porch and watched Stephen load his duffle into the van. Everyone else was doing the same thing, but I couldn't let my eyes leave Stephen.
"He's going to miss you." Courtney say from beside me, making me jump at her presence.
“I’ll miss him, more." I sighed, finally looking away from Stephen.
"I bet you’ll both miss each other equally. You'll make this work Vee." She smiled, rubbing my forearm before going to help Josh with something.
I watched as everyone loaded into the van. Everyone except Stephen.
"Well, this is it." He tried to smile, but his face wasn't really allowing it, "You could still come with us."
"I wish," I smiled shallowly, hugging onto myself. "You know, I have school. And Skyee couldn't handle being here alone."
"Yeah I guess," He said quietly.
I didn't really have much else to say. I just wanted him to stay, because I suck at goodbyes. I bit my lip before closing the space between us and engulfing him in a tight hug. He rubbed the small of my back softly and let me blubber like an idiot.
"I love you, Violet." He said into my hair.
"I love you too, Stephen." I said pulling away. He wiped the stray tears from my cheeks and kissed me softly.
"We'll make this work, Vee." He smiled, kissing ne once more, "We've been together 2 whole years, a little tour won't break us."
"You're right," I smiled through my tears, "Go be a rockstar."
"I love you," He said one more time before kissing me one last time.
"I love you, too" I mumbled as he ran to jump into the van full of his impatient band members.

Two weeks later, Stephen broke up with me.