Mr. Brightside

Love or Something Like It

My mother had been annoying me all morning long. She kept wanting to talk to me about James Tiberius Standard one of the richest men alive. You see he is apparently interested in me and has been since my coming out party in July. I however could care less about him. To me he is just another stuck up schmuck, who wants to marry me for my money.
"Anna are you even listening to me" my mother screeched. " James will be at the club tonight so make sure to dance with him."
I nodded my head because I could really care less. She kept going on and on about how wonderful him and his family were. All the while I just sat there and listened while thinking about how Maddie and I were going to get drunk tonight. Maddie was my best friend in the whole world. She understood me and how demanding my parents could be. The reason she got me so well was because our families were the same and she was my cousin. Just as I was thinking about all the things that I would be drinking that night, the dreadful woman know as my mother spoke again.
"Anna its time to get dressed and don't worry honey I just know that you and James will love each other."
I almost gaged at her last comment as I went back to my room to get dressed for tonight's little sortie. You see my parents were having a little benefit party and I was expected to show up and pretended to give a crap. The only good thing was that for one it was held at my fathers club so I could do whatever I wanted and two there would be lots of alcohol. I walked into my huge closet and went to my rack of fancy dresses. I picked out my new dress that was blue with a rose sash and had a bit of the rose colored petticoat hanging out of the bottom. It was strapless and hugged my curves and then flared out at the waist. I loved the dress so much. I put on a pair of rose ballet flats and did my hair in a bun and put some jeweled clips in my hair. After putting on some earing's and a neck less I was ready to leave. Once we got to the club my parents left me to go mingle and schmooze. I wandered off and found my best friend Maddie.
"Boo"
"OMG Belle when the hell did you get here"
"Just a few minuets ago. Anything interesting going on"
"Nope but your father is supposed to be have his new band playing tonight."
"Oh great old people music played by old ugly men "
"No apparently they are young and hot."
" Yeah well I will believe it when I see it"
"Well come on then lets go backstage and see them."
"Maddie you are horrible but I love the way you are thinking."
We snuck past our parents and various other family members until we were backstage. That was when I saw him for the first time, he looked like an angel standing there with his friends around him.
"Who is he" I asked Amanda my friend who happened to be one of the waitresses at the club who came back here to give the boys water.
"That stunning pieces of ass would be Brendon Urie, he is single and very much your type."
"Amanda" I said in a mock shocked voice
"What its the truth and well I know that you don't want to be married to that loser James, he is just so fucking self centered and stuck up."
"Your right I should talk to him"
"That a girl oh and tell Maddie that Ryan is free and would be great for her."
"And may I ask my dear who do you have your eye on"
"His name is Jon he is the third from the right."
"Oh what a hottie."
"I know, look I have to go and attend to the rich and lazy but I will see you later and please talk to Brendon I think you two will hit it off."
I decided that she was right and walked right up to Brendon.
"Hi I'm Belle"
"Hi I'm Brendon."
"Well Brendon its nice to meet you."
"Yeah you too."
We talked until it was time for the boys to go on. Maddie and I decided that our presence was required back in the main room of the club seeing as it was dinner time and they would definitely notice that we were missing.