Got It Bad

Fight

Clara had never been a jealous person. She never felt the need to be jealous before. She always lived by the motto “I have it and they don’t.” But before, she had not been dating one of hockey’s most eligible bachelors. She knew, going into the relationship, he had girls throwing themselves at him left and right. She even told him, back when Sid coerced her into getting coffee with him, she didn’t like him because everyone else was mindlessly in love with him.

Of course, Sid told her he always pushed him away, not eager to get together with a puck bunny. “Which is why I was so drawn to you in the first place,” he told her one night after a particularly long night of lovemaking. It had made her flush a pretty shade of pink.

But that was why this night was so much worse. Clara watched, glaring, from the sidelines as Sidney entertained two fake breasted, bottled blondes at the bar. Normally he always looked uneasy with the attention he got from his female ‘fans,’ but tonight he looked like he was thoroughly enjoying the attention. She continued to watch them, half wishing looks good kill and half wishing she could toss back a few shots of vodka to loosen up.

But she was supposed to be designated driver tonight so Sidney could enjoy himself a little bit before playoffs got started next week. Though, of course, Clara was severely regretting offering, especially as she had no idea that it also meant she would be ignored the rest of the night by her boyfriend. If she had known that, she would have just stayed home.

“You know ‘e would never do anything, oui?” Marc-Andre’s fiancé, Vero’s, accented voice broke through Clara’s train of thought. Clara just shrugged as if to say it didn’t matter.

“So just because he wouldn’t do anything with them means he can ignore me for them?” Clara bit back sharply, before wincing. She was just about to apologize when Vero just held up a hand and grinned at her.

“You go get your man, Belle, and show ‘im who is boss!” Vero stated with a laugh. Clara managed a weak smile before watching as Vero adventured over to where the French Connection was chatting away. Clara didn’t move right away, and instead she continued to watch her boyfriend at the bar. She wondered if he could feel her staring at him, wishing him to leave the fake girls and come back to her. She had only been with him just a few moments when they first arrived at Diesel, and she was slowly but surely getting even angrier.

Ten minutes later her light coat was being held over her arm and her purse was clutched tightly between her fingers. She marched over to the bar and stood there until Sidney looked over at her. The longer it took the more she could feel a scowl deepening lines into her face. The surely must have been an ugly look under the lighting – or lack thereof – in the club.

It took a very long moment for Sid to finally notice that his girlfriend of several months was standing there at the bar as he laughed with the fake blondes. The smile slipped off his face and replaced with something that looked like annoyance.

“Sorry to interrupt,” she said cattily, looking nowhere else but Sidney’s face, “but I figured I should let you know that I’m leaving. Have fun finding another ride home.”

She turned around and began hurrying towards the exit, wanting to get as far away from Diesel and Sidney Crosby as she could. But of course, he would catch her arm before she could make the exit. He yanked her back, just hard enough to get her to stop and turn around.

“What do you want?” she hissed harshly, staring up into Sidney’s glassy eyes. Wonderful. He was drunk, or at least getting there. She was about to have a fight with a drunk Sidney Crosby in a crowded Pittsburgh club. Somehow she didn’t see this going over well.

“Why are you leaving?” he asked simply, sounding perfectly sober.

“I’m bored and I got tired of the bimbos falling all over you.” The words were out before she could stop them. Clara expected Sid to be shocked, but she wasn’t ready for the tightening of his hand around her wrist, which he had still yet to let go of.

“So you’re telling me you’re leaving because I’m not attached to your hip?” he all but growled. Clara had never been afraid of Sid, ever. Not until this moment, at least. The strength of which he was gripping her wrist and the fury in his gaze had her yanking desperately to get away from him. He looked as if he would hit her. Given how he was acting, it wouldn’t have really surprised Clara as the next thing coming. But she damn sure was not going to let him hit her. Not while he was drunk, and not while he was sober. She would make sure that he would never be able to play in the playoffs this season if he even thought to lay a hand on her in such a violent way.

“Let go of me!” Clara said sharply, tugging on her wrist. He looked down where she was tugging on her wrist and he eased his grip and grabbed her other wrist before turning and walking back into the club, leaving Clara no choice but to follow behind him. She fought him every step of the way, almost to the point where he was dragging her to some undisclosed location. She couldn’t tell you how many people she bumped into trying to get out of his grasp. She fought even harder when she realized he was taking her into one of the private rooms Diesel had.

She ran to the other end of the room when Sid let go of her to lock the door. It was childish, yes, but she really did not want to make this easy for him. She was really pissed off at him, because not only had he been ignoring her the whole night but he had also really hurt her wrist. She held both down by her sides, staring him down, waiting for him to make a move.

He did. “Now, why were you leaving?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” she bit out sharply, feeling more angry then she had ever felt probably in her own life. “I was sitting alone in a club doing nothing and I was bored. It wouldn’t have been a big issue, but I wasn’t drinking. Even if I wasn’t drinking, I would still be dancing. But I knew if I did either of that I would feel guilty because I have a boyfriend. Even though that boyfriend completely ignored me all night.” She took in a deep breath, surprised to find she was shaking.

Sidney just stared at her from across the room. “So what you’re saying…” he started off slowly, almost as if he didn’t know where he was going with his statement, “is that you’re being a clingy bitch.”

Clara recoiled so hard her head hit the wall behind her. She felt slapped across the face. Her stomach dropped out from inside her and she couldn’t breathe. “Yes,” she finally breathed out, breaking the gaze she had on Sidney’s face. She could feel her bottom lip trembling. She bit it hard, trying to stop the pain of those two simple words from affecting her. “I am being a clingy bitch. Can I go now?” Clara felt like a chastised child, meek and afraid. She was never like this with anyone. How could a boyfriend of only four months have so much power over her?

She didn’t wait for a response. Instead she rushed over to the door and unlocked it as quick as her shaking hand would let her. In a flash she was outside and walking briskly to her car, not even feeling the tears slowly trickling out of her eyes in the cool April night. It wasn’t until she was home, safe in her bed, one that she hadn’t slept in in well over two weeks, did she let herself realize what had happened.

If he could ignore her when she was in the same room with him, what could he possibly do when he’s on the road without her?

Image


It didn’t take long for Sid to feel like complete shit. Once he came out of the room where he literally backed Clara into a corner, he went up to the VIP section and was immediately hit with the glare that was Vero. He should have known better then to let the two of them get together and become friends. Vero was fiercely protective of her friends. Even though she knew Sid longer, Vero lived by the girl code like it was literal law; he just committed a major crime tonight in her eyes.

And, once again, he felt like complete shit. Where he was happily getting to the very tipsy part Sid cut himself off from all drinks, and instead sat in a corner where he could see everything and everyone around him. Whenever people wanted to come up to him, he always shook his head no. He even snapped at a few people, which was highly unlike him.

When he finally couldn’t stand knowing that he hurt Clara and royally screwed up he stood and grabbed his coat, not even bothering with his tab, like usual. He didn’t even let anyone know what he was doing or where he was going; he didn’t know. Sid went up to the one person he knew wouldn’t need his car tonight: Jordan. After commandeering the keys from the large center, Sid was out of the club and on his way… somewhere. He didn’t want to go home yet; he’s come to think of it as a place where both he and Clara lived together. He knew if he went there he would break. It was playoff time, no distractions.

Not even to let it sink in that he just had his first major fight with Clara. It was over something so stupid too. Clara was jealous, no doubt about it. Sid was just being friendly with his fans; sure they were a little ditsy, but he just chalked it up to the alcohol.

But of course he would. Sid saw things differently than Clara did. He saw them as two girls who weren’t quite throwing themselves at him, which was always a plus in his book. He never hung with the girls that were always – literally – trying to get in his pants. They scared him.

Which was why Sidney loved Clara so much, and why he never expected this of her. He didn’t think he was ignoring her, but that didn’t mean that he was including her either. He sighed to himself as her building came into focus, and he pulled into one of the open spots in the street, just looking at the building, before taking out his phone and calling her.

“Hey, this is Clara. I’m probably busy at the moment, so leave me a message and I’ll get back to ya!” Sid sighed, before waiting for the beep to alert him when to leave a message.

“Hey, Clara, it’s Sid. I, uh… I’m sorry.” He paused for a moment, swallowing hard. “I’m really sorry. I love you.” And what I wouldn’t give to hold you in my arms tonight, Sid thought as he hung up the phone and once again looked at the building, before starting the slow, lonely drive to his even lonelier home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! I had half of this written, but didn't know what I wanted to do with it. Hope I didn't disappoint too terribly! So let me know your thoughts. Was Sid in the wrong? Did Clara overact? What do you think?