Sequel: Stay With Him Tonight

Stay With Them Tonight

Chapter 21.

I was so angry. I stormed up to my room, and, seeing Jason standing looking up at me from the bottom of the stairs, slammed and locked my door. I thought about screaming into a pillow, but turned away from the bed. I breathed out, finding I was lacking a little oxygen, and realized that he was just a stupid guy; there was no reason to get upset.

It was time to cool myself off both literally and figuratively, so I cautiously descended the stairs and went to the backyard, stopping to grab a towel from the stack on the table and take off my dress.

“He takes off her dress, now, let me go. And I just can’t look, it’s killing me . . .” I sung quietly to myself, before throwing myself into the water. I was glad I hadn’t worn makeup today, so it wouldn’t run.

I climbed out and went to the diving board, my favorite thing about swimming. I flipped back into the water, not being able to completely rotate, but loving the feeling of everything inside me spinning as I hit the water. It might have made me sick, if I had a weaker stomach, but it was an amazing way to almost forget everything. I focused only on the tumult I felt at the moment, from the spinning rather than any emotional turmoil.

I swam for fifteen minutes, and people came through the backyard sometimes (including Mr. and Mrs. Ginger), but they mostly left after a few minutes. My mood improved with the light conversation and the water.

I dived down, touching the bottom of the pool. I was still the only one in the water, but I felt that change as someone cannon-balled close to me. I broke above the surface and saw Ryan shaking his head, water droplets spraying everywhere.

“I thought you looked a little lonely,” he grinned.

“Yeah, right. I was enjoying my alone time.” To prove it, I dived under again and came up on the opposite side of the pool, looking towards the patio doors where more people were beginning to come out in swimwear.

“Fine, I’ll just get out then . . .” He moved towards the stairs, preparing to get out, and I sighed loudly. I was happy enough again, with the smell of food hanging in the air, that I would enjoy some company.

Fine,” I huffed dramatically. “You can stay.” I grinned quickly as he laughed and swam over. We swum for a while, until more people came and I was getting wrinkled, so we toweled off and got over-clothes back on.

I followed Ryan inside, the door open to all the guests. We had spent the last day cleaning and pre-cooking, so everything was immaculate and smelt like food.

“Have you seen Jason? He was supposed to get here before me.”

I glared at nothing. “Nope, sure haven’t.” He looked at me, and from his face he quickly figured that this was just my normal malice towards Jason.

“Hey Ryan, I’m hungry, did your mom bring cookies?” I asked quickly, really, really wanting those cookies now that I thought of them. He laughed and walked with me to the kitchen, where I almost died.

Right. There. Were so. Many. Cookies. There were three plates full of cookies, and I eagerly ran over and grabbed three. I glared at Ryan when he laughed again.

“Yes, I’m fat. Get over it.” I took a big bite of the biggest cookie and held them away from Ryan, afraid he might try to take one.

“Just leave some for the neighbors,” he admonished playfully. I grabbed a plate.

“Never!” I yelled. Grinning, I grabbed one more cookie and set the plate down before he could make me, grabbing his wrist and hauling him out of the kitchen, away from temptation. I pulled him towards the front door, which was open. I smiled at the few people that were roaming around, but went outside, where there was a slight breeze and fresh air.

“Wait!” I said, stopping on the porch suddenly and dropping Ryan’s arm. He looked at me, amused at my sudden change in attitude.

“I’m supposed to be mad at you! I’m not talking to you!” I crossed my arms over my chest, making sure not to squish the cookies, giving him a chance to apologize so I could forgive him and continue on.

And then he held it up. Oh yes, a cookie. Yes, another one.

“Talk to me, and you get this.” He waved it in front of my face, and I reluctantly followed it with my eyes.

I glared at him and tried (and failed) at snatching the cookie. I finally said “five minutes.” He handed the cookie to me and we continued down the steps, into the yard.

“I’m telling Kelly today,” I said nonchalantly. He went from looking around at the people gathered out front to looking at me.

“What?”

“I’m telling Kelly today, that we- we, uh.” I looked down. “Kissed.” I huffed dejectedly, munching on my second-to-last cookie to make me feel better. He didn’t say anything, and I didn’t look at him.

I hadn’t seen Kelly yet, and I lazily looked around for her.

“Why haven’t you asked her out or anything?” I asked him.

He shrugged a little bit. “I’m going to, I just,” He searched for words. “Don’t, er. I don’t feel like lying to her is the best way to start something.” He shifted, deliberately avoiding being specific with the something.

“Good. Then after today, you can ask her out. Where is she, anyway?” I looked around more thoroughly, and found her talking to Jason, looking angry. She must have met Ginger, who was nowhere to be found. Kelly was even worse than me about telling people whatever she thought, and I knew she would confront Jason about Ginger being such a bitch.

“Oh, she’s with Jason.” I pointed, even though they were only a few yards from us, but not close enough for me to hear exactly what was going on. Ryan got a slightly panicked look on his face.

“Allie, I’m not sure, but Jason’s been acting different since that happened.” He glanced at me and took a small step towards the pair. “And he was home when it happened, so I was wondering if he might have-”

“No,” I denied before he finished. “No way.”

“He might have seen it.” I felt something inside me freeze, and looked over the two. Definitely, Kelly was agitated. Jason looked slightly guilty. Oh shit.

“Kelly will ask anybody to find out, and Jason knows!? And you didn’t tell me!?” My voice rose, and by the end I was screaming at Ryan. Kelly looked over, and I swear I wanted to die right there.

She looked at me like she wanted to rip me up and burn me, then spit on the ashes. She looked hurt, and turned away from everyone angrily, walking quickly towards her house.

She knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
*le gasp!* Uh-oh, she knows now. What will happen?! Whose fault do you think this is? Jason, for telling her? Allie, for not telling her? Ryan, for doing it in the first place? Tyler for being adorable!? 0.0 Comment and subscribe!

blank_pages95 Haaaa, Jason was only in this chapter to ruin it ;( Things are definately heating up!
DJ awesomeness Why hello, don't think I've seen you in a while! Just wait until she's alone again with Jason- I have some pretty big plans in the works.
MarriahShadows Hi! I was starting to wonder if people might get bored of the long chapters. Believe it or not, they've been getting longer! This is the shortest in a while.
cuteself22[url] Another Murray fan haha looks like he might win.
[url=http://member.mibba.com/200789/]Star Angel

jojo13617 Mitchell Hewer has a vote!

Okay, so.
Chad Michael Murray: III
Bradley James: I
Mitchell Hewer: I (my vote doesn't count.)
Click here to vote.

Speaking of which, I have some exciting news.


I HAVE TEN STARS *dies*
You guys are AMAZING!
As of now, I have 63 comments, 71 subscribers, 252 readers, and TEN STARS.
*expletive expletive expletive*
I love you guys.
And so I wasted some time for you, as something that should have taken me 5 minutes took me an hour, and given you this new layout.
If you use photoshoop (I meant to put it like that) and notice it looks a little odd in some places, ignore that and focus on the concept. If you don't like it, tell me :) They're pretty fun to make, anyways.
Once again, you guys amaze me. I'll never drop this story :)