Inuyasha Confesses

Inuyasha Confesses Chapter 17

~Kagome P.O.V~

I looked up and saw Yuzuyu walk into the clearing. “Yuzuyu Inuzuka, you’re late!” “Only by five minutes.” “I was still worried!” I regretted those words as soon as I said them because her eyes narrowed in disbelief.

No matter that I was always there for her she didn’t believe that I should worry about her. Her parents hadn’t so why should I? That didn’t stop me from worrying anyway. “Chill out Gome, I’m here aren’t I?” I glared at her.

“I’m hungry.” Shippou said jumping from Yuzuyu’s back. “Fish is by the fire.” Sango said playing with Kerira. “You want one Yuzu?” Shippou asked. “Nah, I’m fine thanks.” she replied sitting at the base of a tree.

“Where’s Miroku and Inuyasha?” she added looking around. “Getting fire wood.” Sango replied absently. I continued to glare at Yuzuyu who sighed deeply, the biggest smile I’ve ever seen suddenly plastered on her face. My anger died and I smirked.

“What’s with the smile Yuzu?” I asked making Sango look up. Shippou scoffed as Yuzuyu answered, “Oh nothing.” “Liar!!” I yelled pointing an accusing finger at her. Sango laughed at our antics. “Well…okay ya got me!” I squealed and moved to sit next to her as did Sango. “The female mind, got to love it.” she (Sango) said. “So I met this guy a few minutes ago and he is so delicious.” “Sounds like a freak to me.” Inuyasha said walking into the clearing with wood on his shoulder, Miroku behind him with his arms folded.

“Where’s your wood Miroku?” Sango asked. “My dear Sango, if I answered that question you would more or less beat me unconscious.” Sango blushed and ducked her head as Yuzuyu snickered. “Anyway,” I said to get back on track. “What’s his name?” I had to give kudos to the guy who could make Yuzuyu smile so big, he must be drop dead gorgeous.

“Sesshomaru.” My jaw dropped. Or maybe just a drop dead kinda guy. “What?!” Inuyasha yelled and stormed over. Yuzuyu’s eyes widened. “You know that hunk of burning love?” Inuyasha’s eye twitched at her choice of words and I’m pretty sure everyone else sweat dropped. “He’s my older half brother who is bent on killing me!”

Yuzuyu put on a confused face. “Who is?” she asked tilting her head to the side. “Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha exclaimed. Yuzuyu made herself look even more confused. “Who’s that?”

“The ‘delicious’ guy you just met!” Yuzuyu threw her hands up in the air. “What the hell are you talking about Inuyasha? I met a guy named Oroachimaru!” I caught Yuzuyu’s eye and mouthed Who’s that? I barely saw the shrug she gave me.

Inuyasha studied her carefully. He must’ve found what he was looking for because he nodded in satisfaction and turned back to the fire. Yuzuyu sighed silently and sagged against the tree behind her just as Jakken ran into the clearing…grinning. Sango and I simultaneously inched away from Yuzuyu as if something compelled us to.

“Oh Yuzuyu! Lord Sesshomaru wished for me to tell you he enjoyed your company.” Jakken sang “You liar!” That little evil… I thought as Jakken ran away laughing. Yuzuyu jumped up and was about to run but Inuyasha grabbed a fistful of hair. “I loathe liars Yuzuyu.” he said as he pulled her back. “Ya know what Inuyasha? I can see that you do and I apologize for my lie. How about…we kiss and make up?”

She turned her face to his and puckered her lips. I glared at her. I knew she was acting but she didn’t have to be so realistic! “Okay, enough of this.” I said pushing myself between them, but Inuyasha held firm. Yuzuyu nudged me with her knee in my stomach non-to gently and I glared at her some more.

She gave me a meaningful look. “Oh…right, Inuyasha can you please let go of Yuzuyu so you and I can go for a walk?” He hesitantly loosened his grip and as soon as he did Yuzuyu ran into the forest, making her hair slide through his fingers in a snow white mass.

I took Inuyasha’s arm as he grumbled about cats and how they were a nuisance, especially half demon cats. I heard Shippou laugh and say “She’s good.” as we entered the forest.

~Third Person P.O.V~

Koga sat atop a hill looking down at Kagome and Inuyasha. Koga hated seeing them so lovey dovey. It drove him half mad just thinking about it, but he still watched. He watched Kagome tilt her head up, watched Inuyasha lean down, and watched as their lips met in an embrace that put Romeo and Juliet to shame.

His breathing stopped, his heart broke and he turned his gaze to the starlit sky. He stared in silence until he heard a soft voice carried on the wings of the wind say “The boy who cries is more a man than the boy who doesn’t.”

“I’m not crying.” he said without looking away from the stars. “Funny, they look like tears to me.” the voice said. Koga put a hand to his cheek and when he pulled it away his finger tips were wet. He hung his head and his shoulders slumped.

“It’s okay to cry you know, I heard it’s healthy.” This time the voice was in his ear and he looked up into glowing yellow cat eyes. “Who the hell are you?” he asked in confusion. “Yuzuyu, Kagome’s cousin.” Koga’s brow furrowed. “Bu…” “I’m really a half demon.” She said cutting him off. Yuzuyu watched Koga sit on a huge rock atop the hill and leaned against the lone tree that stood there.

“It hurts doesn’t it?” she asked after a short silence. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Koga growled looking back at the sky. Yuzuyu stayed silent, watching him through lowered lashes waiting, then “It’s not like I gave her my heart and she squashed it. It’s not like I loved her and would do anything for her. It’s not like she was…is my everything.” Koga chocked out the last few words.

Yuzuyu watched as a gentle wind blew his hair off his back. “I think that’s exactly how it is.” she said softly. Koga glared at her and watched as the wind played with her white hair, making strands blow about her face. He almost forgot what he was going to say. Almost.

“How would you know? You’ve never felt like this.” He averted his gaze and missed the quick flash of pain in her eyes. “You’re right, I’ve felt worse.” Koga snorted. “I’d like to see you prove that.” he said to himself. Yuzuyu studied him then, “A few years ago I fell in love with Bankotsu, leader of The Band if Seven.” Koga looked at Yuzuyu who was looking at him but seeing into a different time.

“We were together whenever he had a spare moment. I thought he loved me, hell he even told me that he did. And I believed him. I was a wonderful feeling to be loved by him seeing as I hadn’t seen the only other person who loved me in years. Kagome; the first person to show me kindness. Anyway, I knew for a fact that I loved him, I still do.

“Then one day…he didn’t come home. So I went looking for him. I wish to God I had stayed home. By the time I got to him…Naraku was already killing him, taking my lover away from me. Fate is a horrid little thing at times. I couldn’t even help him, I was too late. I recently found out from…someone that he had wanted to die. To get away from me, I guess I was too clingy. But when you spent most of your life alone that’s to be expected right? I guess he was just using me.”

Yuzuyu came back to here and now and noticed Koga’s shocked look “At least Kagome told me it wouldn’t work. How do you know that the person who told you he wanted to die wasn’t telling you a lie?” Yuzuyu looked up at the sky, a single tear rolling down her cheek. “I can tell when I’m being lied to; even the best of liars don’t stand a chance with my lie detector capabilities. I could tell he was telling the truth.”

“I’m sorry Yuzuyu.” Yuzuyu smiled at him, a smile that made Koga feel something he had never felt before. “Don’t be sorry for me Koga. I’ll get over it someday and when I do I’ll be free, and find a guy that’ll love me without reservation. Someone I can love unconditionally.”

“You’re so positive about this.” Yuzuyu grinned. “Believe it or not, Inuyasha was the one to give me hope.” “I’ll go with not. That mutt couldn’t give hope to a flea!” Yuzuyu laughed. “Well he can and he did.”

Koga smiled at Yuzuyu. “Thanks.” Yuzuyu gave him a confused look. “For giving me hope.” Yuzuyu smiled and on impulse ran over and gave him a flying hug that took them both to the ground. Koga laughed and held her in a protective grip as they rolled down the hill. When they came to a stop he ended up on top and they were both laughing hysterically.

When they sobered they just stared at each other in fascination. Koga removed one of his hands from behind Yuzuyu and delicately brushed a lock of her hair away from her face. Yuzuyu felt a small flutter in her stomach and smiled shyly up at him. Unknowingly Koga smiled back, just as shy and stood up, carefully bringing Yuzuyu up with him.

There was an awkward silence then Yuzuyu broke it saying “Not that I have anything against handsome gay British babies but I think I should get back to the camp site.” “Yeah, yeah um… I’ll see you later then?” Koga asked.

“Yeah sure, later Koga.” Yuzuyu turned and walked away. “Bye Yuzuyu.” Koga said walking in the other direction while Kagura went to report to Naraku.

©Copyright of Kogaluva818 2011
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!! HERE IS CHAPTER 17!!! I HOPE U LIKE IT!!!!!!