the Blue Hour

Chapter 7

Chapter 7


Vienna


“Vienna,” I replied in a whisper.
“Pretty name,” he smiled. “Do you have a name as well?”
“Dante Joseph,”
“Dante Joseph?” I asked, “Is that your whole first name?”
“No,” he sighed, “that’s just how we introduce ourselves up here, first and middle name.” I smiled, “then I guess my name is Vienna Celeste,” I blushed. “Celeste, that’s even lovelier,” he laughed. I was growing more remorse at his happy go lucky behavior. “This is it right, Indie’s Café?” he asked pulling up to the curb. I nodded getting out of the car to see my uncle and aunt sitting at one of the tables by the window. Before I could even enter the café Dante was following right behind me, “What are you doing?” I gaped. “Well they’re going to want an explanation, and I’m the best liar there is,” he smirked walking me in. Aunt Indie jumped out of her seat and hugged me tight, “where have you been?” she demanded in a worried-hushed tone. Before I could answer she looked over to my left to see Dante behind me, “who’s this?” she asked smiling half-heartedly. “This is Dante; he’s the one who dropped me off here.”
“Pleased to meet you,” he said reaching his hand out to shake hers. “Well thank you but your uncle thought you were with Andrew Mav?” My throat grew rough and coarse, “there was a little incident that occurred between Andrew and I,” I managed to choke out. “Incident, what incident,” my aunt asked worryingly, “did he try to hurt you?” I couldn’t speak to save my life at that moment. “No,” interjected Dante, “from what Vienna told me here, there was a heated argument and Vienna felt that it was best not to be in the vehicle with him at the moment, that’s when her and I met,” he smiled softly. “Are you hungry darling, I could whip you up something before we head home?” said my aunt lovingly. “No thanks, I just want to go home.” I sighed softly and I turned and looked at Dante who was looking at me very…vaguely. “Well, Dante,” said my Aunt as she cleared her throat, “Thank you once again for getting Vienna here safely.”
“The pleasure is mine,” he grinned shaking my aunt and uncle’s hand once more before leaving. “Let’s get going,” said Uncle Jay calmly but in a drab tone.

I began to doze off in the car but luckily the feeling of going from gravel to smooth pavement was enough to wake me up. I climbed out of the car and walked up to the door, soon realizing it was locked, I waited patiently for Uncle Jay to open the door. Once he did, I quickly walked up stairs to my room to change clothes.
I slid under my covers and huddled into my pillow, staring up at the sky as it was gradually getting darker. “Can I come in?” I heard my Aunt Indie ask as she knocked on my door lightly. “Yeah,” I replied.
“I just want to talk,”
“About what,” I questioned, propping myself up on my elbows to look at her. “Just about that, Dante fellow,” she said shrugging her shoulders in an uncomfortable manner, I rolled my eyes and laid myself back down. “He seems really cute,” I gasped, “Indie, not an OK topic!” I turned over facing the window and blushed. “Well I’m just saying…he seems nice and presentable, a little…rugged and hot-blooded, just from the looks of it but…anyway, I’m getting off topic!” She giggled a bit fluster, “the point is…you can still hang out with him if you want darling.”
“What’s the point though? I’m probably not going to see him again,” I sighed. “Well, I just thought it’d be nice for you to make some friends while you’re here this summer so you don’t have to be stuck with your old Aunt and Uncle.” I could sense the melancholy in her voice. “I’m sorry if I’m being a bother to you.”
“No sweetie! That’s not it at all!” She said lying next to me and holding me. “Your uncle and I just don’t want you to be all alone and by yourself in a big empty house, try and make some friends while you’re up here then maybe you can come and visit more often, that’d be fun.” I smiled as she kissed my head and got up. “Remember we love you,” she said lingering in the door, “and you’re not a bother to us.” I smiled and blew her a kiss and she caught it.
As she slowly closed the door, I nuzzled into my bed and breathe deeply. As I was dozing off into slumber-land, I heard a ‘tick!’ noise. I heard it over and over; it annoyed me very much. I got up and looked around to find the ‘ticking’ noise coming from my window; I looked out the window to see what was hitting my window, seeing a dark and familiar figure down below.