Prom Night One-Shots

For Stephanie 1/1

I let my head rest in my hand, my elbow leaning against the table, a frown playing at my lips. Prom was supposed to be this amazing experience, I was just sitting here thinking about how over-rated it was. If anything, I was more annoyed with the whole experience. I had paid so much money on my dress, my hair, my make-up, and I couldn't even get a date. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I just brushed past the feeling, looking out towards the dance floor, watching everyone dancing, having such a great time. Why couldn't I be apart of that?

“Stephanie, are you just going to sit here and mope all night?” I looked up at my best friend, Spencer Smith, who was enjoying a glass of watered down mountain dew. Our school was cheap.

“Got that right,” I said bitterly, my eyes landing on Ryan who was slow dancing with his date, who was also his girlfriend, well not technically, they liked each other, they kinda just used each other for sex but weren't exactly dating, more like friends with benefits. She was an ugly slut.

“Just get up and dance....”

“By myself? I'll pass.”

“It's better than sitting here by yourself.”

“On the contrary my dear Mr. Smith. At least here I can not look like an idiot, but instead a little loner.” Spencer rolled his eyes.

“Fine, you do what you want. I'm going to go dance with my date.” He placed his cup down on the table, before walking towards the dance floor. I knew I was being complicated but I didn’t care. I wasn't going to dance by myself. I stood up, grabbing my purse and making my way for the door. Heading out the back door and going towards the side of the building, hiding myself from anyone coming outside. I pulled out my pack of smokes, grabbing the lighter, placing the cancer stick to my lips and lighting it. I wasn't one to normally smoke, I actually just started when this prom crap started. It was a nice stress relief. I thought it was a disgusting habit, but it didn't stop me from doing it. I heard two pairs of footsteps and suddenly Ryan and his whore came around the corner, hand and hand.

“Steph!” Ryan barked, noticing the cigarette between my lips and getting slightly angry. I took a deep drag from the cigarette before pulling it from my lips and blowing out the smoke.

“What?” I asked sharply, he was somewhat surprised by my harshness, but shook it off.

“Your smoking. You need to stop.”

“Just go have sex and leave me alone.” I said back, ignoring his comment. “I'm just as likely to die of lung cancer as you are from getting an STD.” I stated simply, I felt his hooker glare at me but I brushed it off.

“What the hell is your problem?” Ryan asked, his eyes tightening in a glare.

“Nothing.” I dropped the cigarette from my hand and put it out with my foot, walking past him and going back inside.

I gave him 5 seconds to come after me, he always did.

5, 4, 3, 2-

“Steph.” I stopped walking, turning to look at him, he was dateless now.

“Just because your having a bad time doesn’t mean you have to ruin everyone elses.”

“Your so right Ryan, it's why I was leaving.” I spoke bitterly, taking him off guard.

“Why can't you try and have some fun! You haven’t even danced once yet! Maybe if you got up and danced you'd have some fun, instead of moping at the stupid table.”

“Whatever Ryan, just go fuck your slut.” I started to grab my stuff when Ryan grabbed my arm painfully, his anger obviously flaring.

“Don't talk about her like that.”

“But isn't that what she is? I mean you guys aren’t even dating. You basically just have sex.” I said simply, his hand tighten on my wrist.

“What is your problem? Why don't you like her?”

Because she has you.

“What makes you think I don't like her?” I asked, he only frowned more.

“Oh please, your telling me you like her?” Ryan scoffed.

“Never said that either.”

“Well what did she ever do to you? Why do you hate her?” Ryan asked again, I finished grabbing my things and pulled my hand from his grip.

“I'm not having this conversation.” I stated simply, “I'm leaving.”

“No your not.”

“YES I AM!” I yelled, I brushed past him, but he fallowed after me as I made my way out the door.

“She's waiting for you know.” I stated simply as I searched for my car in the parking lot.

“Well, your going to tell me what the hell your problem is before I go.”

“So for once I matter more than she does? That's somewhat surprising.” Ryan suddenly jumped in front of me, eying me over.

“Are you jealous of her, is that what this is about? Are you mad that I spend so much time with her? Steph, no one could ever replace her.”

No, I'm mad because I'm in fucking love with you, but your to blind to see it.

“Of coarse not Ryan, why would I find that whore to be a threat?”

“Stop talking about her like that!”

“NO RYAN! I WON'T! That's the only reason you like her, IF I DID THOSE THINGS WITH YOU YOU'D LIKE ME TOO!” Ryan was shocked by my sudden outburst, I brought my hands to my face, attempting to hold back tears. “This is so fucking stupid. Prom sucks, I'm leaving.” I hissed, going to leave, but Ryan stopped.

“That is not true.” Ryan said sharply.

“For fuck's sake Ryan, yes it is! You like anything that throws its vagina at you.”

“Than why do I like you? You've never thrown your vagina at me.” My eyes widened in surprise at his statement. Ryan liked me? No he was joking, he was playing with my head.

“That isn't funny Ryan.” I said softly, he gave me a confused look.

“What isnt?”

“Oh, that you can just joke about 'liking' me. Spencer told you didn't he?! Damn it, I knew I should have never said anything. YOUR SUCH A JERK!”

“I'm confused....” Ryan said softly, he was mocking me, he knew I liked him, he had to of, there's no way Ryan Ross would like me.

“Ryan, it's not funny to play with someone's emotions. I'M FUCKING IN LOVE WITH YOU! You can't just joke about liking someone!” I cried out, “Your such a-” Before I could even finish though, he grabbed my dress and pulled me to him, his lips connecting with mine. It was surprising but I was completely content with it. He pulled away right away, obviously just doing it to shut me up.

“I do like you, no, scratch that, I love you too. Spencer never said anything to me, I was being completely honest....” Ryan whispered, I could feel his breath tickling my lips.

“Really?” I spoke softly, tears springing to my eyes.

“Yeah,” He whispered, I smiled at him, connecting our lips again.

“Dance with me?” He muttered against my lips.

“Only you.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the school. Maybe Prom wasn't that bad after all.....
♠ ♠ ♠
No more Ryan Ross One-Shot's Please? :)