Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 1: Welcome Back

The chilled air of a Christmas time Hogwarts was empty of sound. All the students were in the Great Hall, feasting on a warmth inducing dinner. The sky was a light grey in the hours before a coming storm; a few rebellious snowflakes arrived early to flit down to the frozen grasses below. A small form moved through the flakes, zipping quickly through the sky, perched on a shining broom, as it sped towards the school for witchcraft and wizardry. The figure was encased in all black, a black scarf was wrapped around its head, hiding the owner’s face from the chill of the frozen wind. A black, wool, pea coat flipped around in the wind, black jeans clenching tightly to the legs they clothed, black spiked leather boots rising up to the knee.

The figure quickly cut through the air, lowering closer to the grounds as it passed over the Forbidden Forest. Once close enough to the school the figure dropped completely to the ground, landing steadily on their feet, broom in hand. Walking as if a violent wind wasn’t battering them to the side they continued on the grounds and into the school, walking past Filch who did little other than glare at them. The figure continued through the halls, taking twists and turns, before finally standing in front of the doors to the Great Hall. Without hesitating they pushed the grand doors open and strode inside, walking down the aisle between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables. Everyone stopped their eating to look at the new comer, whispers erupting throughout the hall.

“Ah, I wondered when you would be arriving!” Dumbledore boomed as he stood from his high backed chair and walked around the long table, meeting the stranger at the top of the stairs.

“Professor, it has been too long.” The feminine voice cut through the silence and the old man smiled.

“Let me introduce you properly.” The Headmaster’s eyes twinkled as he looked at the wrappings that covered her face and she sighed shaking her head. “Students, as you all know, everyone is required to attend a formal dance class to prepare for the coming Yule Ball,” the students stayed focused on the stranger as they raised their arms to unravel the black wrapping from around their face. “Now Professor McGonagall was to be the instructor for these classes, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, she is no longer able to fill that position.” The Slytherin side of the room erupted into cheers, and the Headmaster sent them a look that quickly silenced them. “To continue your training in this field, I have brought in a special teacher, a student who use to go here, please welcome Professor Allegra Sabria.” The wrappings finally came away from her face and everyone gasped as they looked at the new professor.

Allegra Sabria was not your typical teacher. She had white blonde hair that was cut short in a pixy cut with the tips frosted a vibrant blue, and it was spiked into a fohawk. Her features that were naturally sharp were accented by dark makeup, her eyes were dusted grey, and a nude gloss shimmered on her lips. The pale skin flowed flawlessly from her angelic face down her throat and into the low cut of the coat she donned.

The entire hall remained silent as they followed the bombshell teacher walk around the table and settle herself in the only empty seat, between the Headmaster and Snape. The hall remained silent as Allegra swept her amused gaze over the room, chuckling softly she turned to the Headmaster.

“Are they always so silent?” She asked, her smooth voice flowing like velvet through the air and everyone immediately jumped into conversation, the boys from all houses were openly staring at her, and parts of her that they shouldn’t, but really couldn’t see due to her coat. The girls were another matter completely, some declared how they were going to try to do their make up like hers, others how they hated how she already stole the boy’s attention, and also some plots for her death were already popping up. Ah just like being back in school. She thought as she chuckled at the commotion.

“I suppose I should formally introduce you to the Professors then Professor Sabria.” Dumbledore said as he pointed to the far end of the table and began to introduce her to people that she already knew, but simply now had to call them by a different name. McGonagall expressed how grateful she was that Allegra could step into the position, and how nice it was to have her back at school. Pomona Sprout claimed how much she missed her intelligence in her class. Flitwick puffed about how nice it was to have someone from his house return to become a professor(yes she had been a Ravenclaw). Snape however simply looked at her then away. Allegra really couldn’t blame him for his cold demeanor towards her, she had earned it after all. His class was the one class she did not like, and had refused to pay attention in, unless someone was playing a prank on Snape, in which she was either usually invoking the prank, or its creator.

With introductions complete, Allegra amused herself by munching on a salad, and a bowl of ripe strawberries when desert arrived. But finally the feast had to come to an end, Dumbledore stood and the food vanished as if it had never been there.

“It is now time to retire for the night, please no one out of dorms after curfew, and everyone must attend Professor Sabria’s dance class tomorrow at your designated times.” With that he dismissed the hall and the students slowly rose from their tables to leave in their own time, some waddling away from indulging a little too much in the feast.

“Professor Snape?” Dumbledore questioned as the Potions Master rose, wanting to retire to his own chambers.

“Yes, Headmaster?” Snape said coolly.

“Due to the last minute preparations we had to make for Professor Sabria, she is being house in the dungeons, in the room next to yours, would you please show her to her lodgings?” Allegra stood, shifting uneasily as the Potions Master’s eyes landed heavily on her small form. “All your belongings have been brought to your room, already.” Dumbledore assured her and then returned to his conversation with Flitwick about a certain charm that does who knows what. Allegra turned to Snape who barely looked at her as he turned and exited out of a door that was close to the table, a teacher’s entrance. She briefly wondered why she had never noticed it before, but quickly dismissed the thought, with as out of it as she had been while at school, a troll could have run rampant through the dorms and she probably wouldn’t have noticed.

Snape led her down a constantly descending path, the temperature dropping as the wandered into the dungeons territory, coming across a couple Slytherins that Snape quickly sent on their way. The walk was filled with tense silence that made her bristle, Allegra wasn’t the queen of conversation, but the silence was killing her.

“So, um, Professor Snape…..how ya been?” she asked as she walked next to him, matching his fast pace. He never faltered as he looked over at her and quickly turned a corner.

“If you must know Professor Sabria, I have been much better since I do not have to contend with your shenanigans in my classroom.” His words were clipped and sharp, as was the glare he sent her way.

“Pft you know you loved it when I dyed your hair pink.” She grumbled under her breath and Snape sent her a furious glare.

“That was you?” he demanded and Allegra couldn’t help the smirk of mischief that slid onto her lips.

“What you never figured it out? I bet you thought that a Gryffindor did it.” She smirked at him and chuckled, she loved that she could get under his skin. Snape said nothing, simply walked faster, grinding his teeth together as he power walked through the halls. Allegra held back a smart comment about him needing the exercise, and instead grinned like a fool as she followed behind him.

“Here are your chambers.” He said stiffly as he pointed his finger at a wooden door, a golden glow coming from beneath the bottom crack. “Mine are there,” He pointed at the other end of the hall. “Please feel free to not come to me if you need anything.” He stormed off to his own rooms, Allegra looking after him until he had slammed his door shut behind him. Sighing and shaking her head she opened her own door and stepped inside. Her rooms were very nice. The entrance led to a common area filled with a mahogany desk, a quill and parchment already laid out for her, a fire was roaring in the small fire place, and a set of chocolate, gold, and emerald chairs and a sofa were strategically placed before it so no matter where one sat, they would receive the heat of the fire. There was another door that she quickly opened that lead to the bedroom, and like the common area it also had a fire place already blazing. An amazing black wooded four poster bed stood with its headboard against the far wall, the foot of the bed facing the fire place, the emerald sheets had already been turned down, and pillows fully fluffed.

She walked over to the dresser and pulled out a couple of drawers, seeing her things already unpacked and sorted into the drawers. A single door remained unopened in the room and she quickly discovered what was behind it. A magnificent bathroom was glowing in candle light, the porcelain of the giant jetted tub casting back a golden shine, the misted door of the shower reflecting no light, and the large his and hers sink was littered with candles. If she hadn’t know better she would have thought that someone was trying to woo her, but she knew that the house elves had done this. During her time here at Hogwarts, as a student, she had always been exceedingly nice to the small elves, standing up for them when they were faced with a Slytherin. Smiling at the sweet thought the elves had given to welcoming her back she walked around the room and blew out the candles, she was far too tired from her journey to take a bath tonight. She left the bathroom, returning to her dresser to retrieve a change of underwear and a black silk nightgown before stripping on the spot.

In the warmth put out from the fire place, Allegra took her time changing. She slowly peeled her traveling clothes from her body, tossing them into a pile on the floor before retrieving her night clothing and slipping it on. Running her fingers through her shortly chopped hair she sighed and turned to look at the raging fire, grabbing her wand she turned down its ferocity, leaving it so only a soft glow dusted the walls of her room. As if her limbs were suddenly filled with lead at the prospect at getting some rest she slowly dragged herself over to the bed and collapsed down onto the warm sheets. Groaning in satisfaction she reached down to pull the sheets over her body, and her head hadn’t even touched the pillow before she was dead asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay got the idea for this today, and since I'm having a tough time getting chapter 18 of C&C out, I thought I'd post this.
Comment and Subscribe!