Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 10: Well, You Two Have Fun In Detention Tonight

It had been a boring day, classes had been boring, students had been silent, almost too silent, and Allegra had never seen Professor Snape during her small ventures out into the hallways, thus never giving her a chance to entertain herself. The prior night of detention with the Potter Trio had been probably one of the most boring detentions is Hogwarts history. But unbeknownst to the faculty and staff of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the monotonous boring day was about to take a turn in the other direction.

It was dinner time, all the students were gathered in the Great Hall, gabbing politely with their fellow house mates and even shouting rude remarks across the hall to other tables. Allegra and Snape were seated in their usual seats, Allegra once again had a stack of essays before her, and Snape was lost in the Daily Prophet, that he had not gotten a chance to read until then. The only out of place thing was the two empty seats at the Professor’s table, the seats where Professor McGonagal usually sat between Professors Sprout and Flitwick was empty and the chair next to Professor Allegra was vacant of the sparkling eyed headmaster.

During breakfast that morning McGonagal had received a letter asking her to come to the Ministry to attend to some matters there, Allegra had willingly taken her old Professor’s class for her. But it was later that day, at lunch to be exact, that Headmaster Dumbledore received a letter, very similar to the one that McGonagal had received, and he too quickly whisked off to see whatever the matter was, clearly announcing to the school that in his absence, that Professor Snape and Professor Sabria were going to be given the headmaster’s authority. Allegra had barely raised her face from a magazine to smile at the old wizard before he vanished, and once again threw herself back into the overdramatized lives of muggles.

But it wasn’t the boring breakfast, or the boring classes, or even the boring lunch that was about to change…

A smaller pile of essays was stacked next to Allegra, her fingers holding a quill tightly as she breezed through another essay, her free hand grabbing finger food to give her something to eat. Professor Snape had his face buried in a new book that he had received sometime during classes that day. Some of the other professors had already excused themselves, having eaten their fill before desert had even arrived, and the Professor’s table was down to 3 professors: Snape, Allegra, and Flitwick. The giant clock outside the Great Hall was just chiming the beginning of the second hour of dinner when the silence was suddenly broken.

“NOW!” the shout arose to suddenly and loud that all of the remaining professors looked up in time to witness the beginning of the end of their peaceful dinner. A food fight had begun. The delicious delicatessens of the night’s feast were being thrown through the air with startling velocity, almost always hitting their mark, or someone next to their mark. The three professors were so stunned at the sudden outburst that none had the sense to stop the magically refilling trays from keeping the ammunition coming.

Allegra quickly snapped her head between the Gryffindor and Slytherin table, the two most violent tables of the fight, nasty remarks accompanying the flying food. Blinking she came to her senses, at the same time Allegra and Snape shoved themselves to their feet, inhaling to bellow at the hall. A nice, round, meat pie slammed into Snape’s face, the force knocking him backwards into his chair, which also fell backwards to the ground. Allegra looked down startled at Severus, holding her hand out to help him as she felt some food smack into the buttox area of her robes. Pulling her hand from Severus’ grasp she whirled around, face red with rage, only to be coated white with mashed potatoes.

Gasping, feeling some of the delicious mashed potatoes slip into her mouth, she ran her fingers over her eyes and flicked away the excess mashed potatoes. Growling softly she opened her eyes just in time to see her doom. The strawberry pie hit Allegra’s face, the side shot sending her toppling over on top of the still fallen Potions Master.

“Allegra!” Severus’ voice cut through the food clogging her ears and the shouting of the hall and suddenly the pie that was blocking the world from her face was gone. Allegra was spread across Severus’ lap on her stomach, her food marred buttox sticking up in the air. Opening her eyes slightly Allegra spit out a full, steroidally large, strawberry before her brain quickly caught up with her. Her head snapped to the side, splattering strawberry filling over Severus’ robes, and she looked up at him shocked. Had Severus Snape just called her by her first name, and first name only? No Professor Sabria, or Professor Allegra. Severus however didn’t notice her shock at his actions as he grabbed her upper arms and helped her to her feet before turning to face the chaos that use to be the Great Hall.

“ENOUGH!!!” the widows shook with the force of Severus’ voice, his icy glare cutting through the hall of students, freezing all in their place. Allegra was able to get a chance to get a good look at the hall, most Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were huddled under their tables already, avoiding as much of the food battle as possible, it was only the Slytherin’s and Gryffindor’s that were left standing, holding the smoking gun. Allegra stepped up to Severus, not bothering to wipe the mashed potato and strawberry pie mixture from her face as her glare complimented Severus’.

“I want all Gryffindor, and few Hufflepuff, students that are now standing, to report to me for detention.” She didn’t have to raise her voice to be heard over the deadly silent hall.

“Slytherin’s and standing Ravenclaws will report to me for dention.” Severus’ words quickly followed Allegra’s demands, and the few hands that were left holding food dropped dejectedly to the ground.

“You are to return to your dorms to rid yourself of the mess you have made, return before eight, because as your detention you will be cleaning the Great Hall.” Allegra’s cold gaze swept over her two houses as a pink and white mixture dripped from her nose.

“Slytherin and Ravenclaw will do the same.” Yet again Severus’ voice followed smoothly from Allegra’s almost like a practiced speech. “You will all be serving detention together, but do not even think about talking, or you will find yourself with detentions for the rest of the school year!” the students cringed at the final statement, but didn’t dare move.

“Well, go!” Allegra shouted, for the first time raising her voice and the entire student body leapt into action, fleeing the hall as quickly as they could. Blinking slowly to regain control of herself Allegra looked down at her seat, the stack of essays she had been correcting was now sprawled across the floor, marred and erased by the juicy food that was laying on it. Her chair had fallen onto it’s back at some point, the rest of whatever was covering her buttox was sticking to the velvet backing like glue.

“Where is Professor Flitwick?” Allegra asked suddenly as she looked up from her chair, looking down the table at where the tiny professor had been seated. His seat was also tipped over, but she could see no Charms Professor anywhere. She slowly walked towards his seat, feeling Severus’ eyes on her back as she went, turning her head from left to right, looking for the small man.

“Professor Sabria, if you would please help me down.” The small voice caught Allegra’s attention and she looked at the wall beside her. Where she had thought a great blob of food was clinging to the wall, was really the food covered Flitwick, held against the wall about head height.

“Merlin, Professor, how on earth did you get up there!” She gasped and her hands instantly went to trying to pull the professor from the wall.

“Oh I was just trying to float to safety behind a tray I had enchanted, if you wouldn’t mind pulling harder dear,” he cut his thoughts short as he demanded more of the young witch and glaring slightly Allegra pulled harder. “But some food knocked away the tray and then here I am stuck to the wall!” Finally Allegra pulled him free, his small body crashing to the floor as she worked the purple and green glue like goop between her fingers. What the hell had this been?

“Well, you two have fun in detention tonight.” Flitwick said smiling at the two fuming professors before quickly fleeing the room as quick as his little legs would carry him. Allegra turned to silently look at Severus, noticing his face was still covered with the contents of the meat pie. Silently they turned towards the door and quickly made their way down to their chambers, preparing for a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can thank Arie Vixen for this brilliant idea! she has no idea the monster she has created!!!! muahahahahahahaha-*cough**cough**cough* anyways........... yeah chapter 11 will be up tomorrow, thanks for waiting 3 whole days for me to update!

love you all! comment and subscribe!

<3