Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 14: Stay Away From Igor Karkaroff

“So you live in these dungeons?” Igor questioned softly, his rough voice echoing off the empty hallway walls. After the long feast Igor had quickly returned his students to their ship before dashing back to Allegra’s side. They had begun their tour hours ago, and curfew had come and past quite a while ago, but neither had wanted to discontinue their mutual enjoyment of each other’s presence.

“Yes, Professor Snape is roomed down the hall from me.” Allegra turned to look at the Durmstrange headmaster, he really wasn’t that bad. He was around the same age as Severus, but if he didn’t have that blasted beard Allegra might find him rather charming, but instead she got the distinct reminder of her father whenever she looked at him.

“How well do you get on with Professor snape?” His question startled Allegra and she stopped walking, failing to hold a grin from her face. Igor turned to look at her questioningly and she let out a loud laugh, her arms wrapping around her middle.

“Oh Igor you’re hilarious!” she exclaimed once she righted herself, wiping a finger under each eye to make sure her makeup hadn’t smudged.

“I’m sorry, but I fail to see the humor.” Igor said slightly confused as they once again began to walk, this time Allegra settled a little closer to him, something he did not miss.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I suppose you wouldn’t understand.” She blushed softly and ran a hand through her long golden curls. “You see I spent quite a few years over in the muggle world of America, and their humor rubbed off on me. What you said could be interpreted as something, slightly less… innocent.” Igor’s hand brushed the back of hers and she blushed and turned her head further to the side. Inside she was wanting to run to the nearest loo, and scrub her hand raw, but in order to make Severus jealous she had to pretend to be very interested in Igor Karkaroff.

They were headed out of the dungeons, slowly making their way back to his ship, silently walking in each other’s presence, sometimes commenting on the beautiful night, or architecture, or landscaping until they were once again in front of the grand ship that his school had arrived in.

“It’s a beautiful ship, Igor.” Allegra commented as she stood gazing up at the vast ship. It was made of a black wood, the railings were lined gold, and black mast rose high into the air, flying a black flag with the red Durmstrange symbol.

“Yes, beautiful.” Igor said softly and Allegra looked down from the ship to see his gaze firmly fixed on her. Once again Allegra blushed and turned her head back to the ship to get away from looking at him, she kind of felt bad for using him, but she knew no other way to penetrate the frosty heart of Severus Snape.

“Well, it is getting rather late, and I do have an early class tomorrow.” Allegra clapped her hands together and turned to face Igor with a smile on her face. “I shall hopefully see you tomor-“ suddenly Igor cut her off, his rough and calloused hands were on her cheeks, his dry lips against hers. After a moment his lips pulled away, but one of his hands remained lovingly on her cheek.

“Forgive me, I am usually not so forward.” Allegra could have sworn she saw the beginnings of a blush on his cheeks and internally she smirked, her plan was working perfectly already. From the corner of her eye she caught the swirl of a dark robe, she had a feeling that Severus would request to patrol tonight, if the way he had been glaring at Igor had meant anything.

“Apologize for naught, Igor.” Allegra said softly as she rose up on her tip toes, pressing her lips softly against his before quickly pulling away. “I shall see you tomorrow.” She quickly turned before he could say anything and was making her way towards the grand castle of Hogwarts.

Allegra quickly returned to her chambers, stripping from her ivory robes and starting a large bubble bath of vanilla and jasmine in the expansive bathroom. Dressed still in her cream, strapless, empire waist dress she pulled the rest of her hair up with another silver ivy leaf, only a couple of long golden strands escaping to artfully fall around her face. Waiting for the bath to fill she returned to the front study room, and was halfway to her desk when she heard a soft knock at her door. Allegra paused for a moment, it couldn’t be a students, if they were out of bed they would get detention, so it would then have to be a teacher.

Running a hand over her forehead and sighing softly she walked over to the door, pulling it open. Rough hands grabbed her arms, pushing her back into her office, shoving her into a wall. She gasped in shock as the cold wall collided with her back, the silver ivy leaves knocking free from her hair, letting her long locks tumble down around her. A few strands hanging in front of her face she turned her face up to look at her attacker.

“Stay away from Igor Karkaroff.” Severus growled softly, his hands tightening around her upper arms, and she started to feel her fingers tingle.

“Severus let go of me.” Allegra said evenly, narrowing her eyes at him.

“Say you’ll stay away from Igor.” Severus pressed and Allegra let out a dry laugh and shook her head softly.

“No, I see no reason to stay way from Igor, he’s nice to me, and I happen to fancy him.” The look on Severus’ face told her that he knew she was lying, but honestly she had no idea how he knew, she had always been the best liar.

“He use to be a Death Eater.” Severus threw the shot out.

“So did you.” Allegra’s low blow made him wince and in an instant he was a few feet from her. Flipping her hair from her face she rubbed her upper arms where he had been holding.

“Stay away from him Allegra.” Severus whispered before quickly turning and storming from her rooms.

“I don’t think I will Severus, since he’s my ticket to you.” Allegra said softly, and quickly closed her door, not knowing that Severus was lurking just outside her doorway, hearing everything she said. She was unable to fully enjoy the rest of her evening in the happily bubbling bath she had drawn, and quickly resigned herself to an early night. Little did she know, that down the hall, Severus had decided to take a route very similar to hers, only this time deciding to spending his dream time infiltrating Allegra’s dreams, and fully enjoying them their entirety this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
heya, so yeah I've been utterly exhausted lately so that is why there hasn't been an update ^^ I apologize. I was going to get this out last night, but it was about two in the morning and I needed to get to bed so meh, you have it now. I know it kind of sucks, I'm in a rut right now, but hey you got to see a possessive Severus! YAY!

Oh hey new story to check out too!
The Marauding Tales of Rhiannon Lark