Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 16: You Know How The Young Are When They Are In Love

Severus’ POV


It was late, or early depending on how one would look at the time. Severus lay stretched out on his large bed, the petite, dark skinned woman sleeping peacefully next to him. The silence of the room was broken only by her soft breaths and the crackling fire that kept the room warm in the quickly dropping temperatures. A brooding glare on his face his eyes bore harshly into the shadows that flickered on the ceiling, showing the movement of the flames in the hearth. Silently Severus slid from the bed, sliding on a pair of trousers before leaving his bedroom to settle into the completely silent study/office.

Falling back into one of the couches surrounding the fire place he conjured a cup of tea, taking a deep draw of the hot liquid. Slowly he let his defenses slide as he numbly stared into the flickering flames, his subconscious instantly pulling the image of a smiling Allegra to his face. Growling in frustration he shook his head, slamming a gate once again around his mind. Even now, in his own study she still assaulted him! He couldn’t figure it out, why did her image harass him, her tinkling voice feel his ears, and his body shudder at the thought of her touch?

Once again he slowly let his mental barriers slid down slowly, this time the image of a young Lily Evans(for she had never been Lily Potter to him) filled his mind. Oh how he had loved her, even after he had completely lost her friendship, he had never stopped loving her. He remembered how his years at Hogwarts had been filled with the image of her intruding on his every thought, his ears always imagining hearing her soft voice, the way his body reacted to when she touched him…

It couldn’t possibly be, he thought viciously as he compared Allegra to Lily in his mind. Lily was soft spoken and witty, Allegra was obnoxiously loud and not exactly smart. Lily had been dedicated to her studies, Allegra barely passed any class, Lily had been polite, Allegra had pranked. Lily had filled his every sense, but so had Allegra…

“I’ve seen the way you look at her.” The feminine voice startled Severus from his roaming thoughts and he looked up sharply at Ariana, who was standing in the doorway to the bedroom, wrapped in nothing but the sheet from his bed.

“Look at who?” Severus growled softly as she approached him, swinging her hips.

“That dance teacher.”

“Professor Sabria.” Severus was quick to harshly correct her and she smirked as she came to stop before him.

“My point exactly, I’ve seen the way you look at Professor Sabria, the way you talk about her.” She smiled like a snake down at him, but he kept a neutral face as he glared back up at her.

“I look at Professor Sabria in no specific way.” He defended and Ariana interrupted him with a high tinkling laugh, his thoughts instantly catalogued the difference between her laugh and Allegra’s.

“You just thought of her didn’t you?” Ariana had quickly caught onto his thoughts and he growled softly, was he becoming easy to read? “I can make you stop thinking about her.” He looked up at her with a dubious stare, to which she replied a smirk.

“I can get Professor Sabria from your mind, give you back your self control.” She let the sheet fall to the ground, standing naked before him. Placing her hands on his shoulders she slowly straddled him, leaning up to nip on his earlobe. “You won’t think about her anymore, you’ll barely even remember her.” The offer was overly tempting, he couldn’t stand the way Allegra had taken over his mind and body.

“Can you really do that?” Severus whispered and Ariana chuckled softly against his neck.

“I can make you forget about anyone, Severus.” She murmured softly into his ear as she nipped softly at his neck. In moments they had flipped, Severus pinning Ariana to the couch, his trousers once again gone as they repeated their earlier actions. He would do anything to prove that he wasn’t in any way emotionally effected by Allegra Sabria.

*****


Regular POV


It was cold that morning, the grass had a slight silver frost, leaves were hardening before their fall, and chill kept a firm hold over the falls. The Great Hall was already full of both students and Professors, Severus was once again talking to Ariana about her work at Durmstrange, their seats a little closer as they tried to keep a decent distance, yet still enjoy each other’s warmth.

The two people entered the Great Hall silently, the students quickly turning to watch their entrance as they made their way from the front entrance to the Professor’s Hall. Allegra was wearing a thick black satin robe, a snow white, floor length, fur coat clinging close to her body, and the entire ensemble topped with an unblemished, white ushanka, the blood red Durmstrange emblem in front. Next to her Igor Karkaroff was dressed to the complete opposite, you could not see his clothing beneath the midnight black fur coat, an untied black ushanka on his head, and black thick boots on his feet.

But through the mass of warm furs, no one could miss Allegra’s white gloved hand slipped inside Igor’s uncovered hand. A content smile was on Allegra’s face as they waltzed down the aisle, a satisfied smirk on Igor’s face as he looked down at the students they passed. Once at the table Igor seated Allegra in her chair before quickly settling in his, and once again capturing her hand as soon as she pulled her gloves off. Igor pulled Allegra a little closer, leaning to whisper into her ear and she let out a joyful laugh as she turned to smile at him, the entire hall erupting into not so hushed whispers.

“That’s a lovely fur coat.” The sickly sweet voice barked next to her and she turned to look at Ariana.

“Thank you.” Allegra didn’t bother to hide the falseness that was in both her voice and smile. “Igor gave it to me this morning, because of the cold weather.” Allegra smiled for real as she sat the fake grin fell from her face.

“Headmaster Karkaroff, gave you that?” her voice was slightly incredulous as she looked over Allegra’s shoulder at Igor.

“Yes.” Allegra grinned at her as she felt Igor lean close behind her and she quickly turned her head to the side, placing her hand on his cheek she pulled him into a quick kiss in front of the whole school. They were both grinning as they pulled apart, and Allegra evenly met Ariana’s murderous glare.

“Do you think it’s wise to publicly display your apparent relationship with Headmaster Karkaroff?” Ariana hissed, grinding her teeth.

“Very.” Allegra said sweetly as she turned to grab a cup of coffee from the table in front of her. The entire school watched the tension increase on that section of table as Severus met the gaze of Igor, and the two women glared at each other slightly inconspicuously.

“I have a feeling zis is going to be a very interesting year, Dumblydore.” Madame Maxine comment as she watched the scene unfold at the breakfast table.

“You know how the young are when they are in love.” Dumbledore chuckled softly with the amazingly tall woman and they continued a friendly morning conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it was brought to my attention that it seemed rediculous that Severus had been in Allegra's dreams and he still hadn't jumped her bones, so I hope this chapter kind of explained that.
Expect the confrontation chapter this weekend ^^ because I love my readers, and mostly my commenters!
<3