Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 19: I will not be subjected to the horror of being ‘piggy backed'

“How is she Madame Pomfrey?” The cool voice swirled around her head, easing her pounding headache and she let out a content sigh.

“I think she’s awake, but she hasn’t opened her eyes yet. We couldn’t stop the kidney from bleeding so we had to perform surgery to remove the organ.” The voice of the school nurse was unmistakable.

“What!” Allegra screamed as she shot up in the harshly uncomfortable hospital bed.

“Allegra Sabria, you are not ready to move!” Small hands on her shoulders tried to shove her back down to a laying position, but she didn’t budge. She reached under the stiff sheets of the bed and grabbed the bottom of her standard issue hospital gown and yanked it up to her chest, staring down in horror at her left side.

“I have a scar.” She whispered horrified as she looked down at the raised pink mark on her skin.

“Allegra, lay down!” Pomfrey demanded as she tried again to shove the dance teacher down.

“I have a scar.” She whispered as her eyes remained focused on the small blemish.

“Allegra.” The rough voice brought her eyes from her side and she willingly lay down as Severus placed his hands on her shoulders and gently lowered her back onto the bed. “What is wrong?” his voice was like a cool river that soothed her mind and she felt her senses dull as the pain medication started to once again pull her under.

“Severus.” She said his name dreamily.

“Yes, I’m right here, now what’s the matter?” Severus’ dark eyes flicked up to meet the overly curious gaze of the school nurse who was staring at the pair in pure shock. She had never in her days at Hogwarts seen the Potions Master be so calm and….well, nice to anyone.

“Severus, I have a scar now.” Allegra’s voice was getting softer, her eyes drooping slowly.

“It’s just a small scar Allegra, barely noticeable.” He smoothed a hand over her sweat slicked hair.

“But Severus, you don’t understand, it’s a scar.” She pressed, fighting to stay awake as she looked up into his bottomless eyes.

“It’s fine, I’m sure you have other scar’s Allegra.” He didn’t exactly smile, but his face did soften as he looked down at the drugged woman.

“No Severus, I don’t have any other scars, now my skin is ruined.” Tears leaked from her eyes, but she was already too exhausted to let out a full sob.

“Hey now,” he wiped her tears away with his thumb, the rough work calluses on his fingers sending shivers down her spine. “I’ll make a salve that will get rid of that scar, you won’t even know you ever had it.” Her tears were slowly stopping and he took this opportunity to stand.

“Don’t leave me, please.” Allegra whispered softly as her weak hand flopped up to softly grab his own hand. Severus sighed and sat back down on the side of the bed.

“I’ll stay, and I’ll be here when you wake up, now sleep.” His soft voice and presence was enough to lull her asleep within moments. Shaking his head Severus gently pulled his hand from hers and stood, meeting the curious gaze of Madame Pomfery.

“Severus?” she raised an eyebrow and her voice was light with amusement.

“Not a word of what happened leaves this room.” Severus growled as he stormed around the side of the bed and out of the ward.

******5 Days Later*******


“Honestly Poppy, I’m fine!” Allegra smiled up at the worried woman as she sat on her bed, her slippered feet resting on the cold stone floor.

“I would feel better if someone would escort you for the day, you’re still quite weak.” The large woman chewed on her lip as she looked down at the now short haired woman. After her second day of being conscious in the hospital ward, Allegra had charmed her hair to appear like it had at the beginning of the year, a short, blonde, and spiked into a fauxhawk.

“Poppy, I’m fine, I’ll be around someone all day.” Allegra tried to stand up and grimaced, her side still hurt like hell.

“No you are not! You need an escort!” the nurse witch growled.

“Don’t worry-“

“Madame Pomfrey, We’ll-“

“Watch Professor Sabria-“

“For you.” The red headed twins finished at the same time.

“Well hello, Fred, George.” She looked at the two boys that were now magically sitting on either side of her on the bed.

“Now listen here boys,” Pomfrey was stern as she lowered a full glare onto both troublemakers. “Professor Sabria is still quite weak and injured, she is not to do anything strenuous, go up stairs, or stand for long periods of time. Am I clear?”

“Yes, ma’am.” Both boys groaned at the same time.

“Good, you may take Professor Sabria to her class then.” Poppy turned away and George shot to his feet.

“Hop on then.” He said as he stood in front of Allegra with his back to her.

“Excuse me?” she said as she turned to Fred.

“You’re not supposed to go up stairs, your class is upstairs, so we’ll piggy back you there.” Fred smiled innocently and Allegra violently shook her head.

“I will not be subjected to the horror of being ‘piggy backed’” she used air quotes with her fingers. “to my class!” she shoved herself to her feet and instantly groaned at the sharp pain in her side.

“See you need us!” George said happily as he stepped back, knocking into her, Allegra falling over his back. His hands quickly slipped under her thighs and hiked her higher onto his back.

“George Weasley put me down!” Allegra demanded as he began to walk from the hospital wing, Fred next to him.

“Can’t-“

“Pomfrey will-“

“Get mad at us.” The finished and Fred turned to smile at the glowering Allegra.

“I don’t give a shit what she does to you, put me down or you have a month’s detention!” she shrieked angrily as they began to parade her through the student filled halls.

“That’s alright-“

“Just gives us more-“

“Time to watch you-“

“Is all.” Students were staring at them and Allegra glared icily at all of them.

“Put me down damn it!” Allegra growled as they started to go up a staircase.

“Alright.” George’s arms were suddenly gone from beneath her bottom and she shrieked in terror as she wrapped her arms and legs tighter around George.

“Fine, take me to my damn class.” She growled and the two chuckled as they finished the trek up to the dance hall.

“Everyone fear not! Our Professor has returned!” Fred and George shouted at the same time as the barged through the door to her classroom, all eyes instantly turning to them, and the teacher that was still riding on George’s back.

“Desk.” Allegra growled into George’s ear and he quickly walked over to her desk and plopped her down in her chair. She turned her glare on the rest of the class, that was now staring at her in a mix of shock, horror, and amusement.

“What?” she asked narrowing her eyes at them.

“Is it true you called Arianna LeRissa ‘Merlin’s Whore’?” A Slytherin girl, pug faced and clinging to Draco Malfoy, asked. Allegra groaned and leaned back in her chair, so the story of their spat had gotten out.

“Yeah, I did.” She said after a moment. There was silence at first and then claps filled the room. She looked down at her students and raised an eyebrow at them.

“No one much likes Arianna LeRissa, Professor.” A Gryffindor girl informed Allegra.

“And why is that?” Allegra questioned the room.

“She’s creepy.”

“Rude!”

“A wanker!”

“Know it all!”

“Priss!” the shouts filled the hall and she looked around the room startled at all the insults.

“Well, that is certainly surprising.” She murmured to herself as she listened to the insults that kept filling the room. Finally she held up her hand, silencing the room, except for one shout.

“Why did you get in a fight with her Professor?” the question ran through the room and Allegra sighed: to lie or not to lie, that is the question.

“She was questioning my ability to properly teach.” She finally settled on the lie, feeling to keep the truth behind the fight a secret, lest it cause trouble for all parties involved or somehow connected.

“Well I think you’re a marvelous teacher!” One of the Gryffindor boys said smiling cheerfully.

“What thank you Dean, but don’t think that a compliment will keep me from assigning you work.” She smirked down at the boy who groaned and turned to grumble darkly to one of his friends. “Now I would like all of you to practice all of the dances for the Yule Ball.” She announced to the room as she flicked her wand over to the record player in the corner and the traditional Yule Ball music started to orchestrate throughout the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I am finally conscious after going to bed at 4am. Yes that is right I got to see the double feature premier of HP7 Parts 1 and 2! Although I am paying for it dearly with a sugar hangover from bloody fucking hell!

Anyways, I want to know your thoughts on Part 2 if you have seen it. I personally think that the deaths of our beloved Severus and Weasley were not dramatic enough. But I did love the duel with Mama Weasley and Belatrix!

As always!
Comment and Subscribe!

<3