Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 6: Will-I-Am

“Okay again!” Allegra shouted over the roar of her class. It had been a week since the incident with Severus and Allegra had seen neither hide nor hair of Severus. She learned from Albus that he had decided to take his meals in his room due to being swamped with correcting work and dishing out an unusual amount of detentions. The class had mastered the basics of waltz, and feeling unusually daring Allegra had the completely irrational thought of teaching them the Viennese Waltz…. Disastrous idea.

“No, for the last time lean back!” She shouted throughout the room. Sighing harshly Allegra sat on top of her desk and gazed boardly out at the class, shaking her head at the students. She didn’t get it, they had perfectly reviewed the basics of a waltz at the beginning of the class, but as soon as a small thing was changed they were running around like bloody buffoons.

“Professor, I think it would help if we had a demonstration.” A girl, Hermione, who Allegra had already become annoyed with, said loudly. Allegra rolled her eyes at the childish girl’s inability to be wrong, she had already tried to demonstrate to the class what the Viennese Waltz looked like, but after Malfoy failed to actually know what the dance was, she was left partnerless.

“Well Ms. Granger, I am lacking an adequate dance partner, and one is so required to teach you this waltz.” She strode through the throngs of students, looking evenly at each of them.

“Well if you need a partner to teach this kind of dance then why are we learning it?” Hermione pressed, Allegra pressed her thumb and forefinger to the bridge of her nose and sighed softly.

“Because, Ms. Granger,” she spat the girls name and glared harshly at her and her partner, who happened to be Ron Weasley, part of the Potter Trio. “The Viennese Waltz, is the most common form of waltz used other than the basic waltz, and I happen to know for a fact that both Durmstrong and Beauxbatons have not only been taught this waltz, but they have already mastered it!” Hermione was too stupid to shrink away from her teacher’s harsh gaze and Allegra could feel her temperature rising at the girl’s ignorance.

“Mr. Potter!” the door to the room slammed open and in strode the one, the only, Severus Snape. His robes billowed furiously around his legs as he stomped his way towards the glaring teenage boy, Allegra instantly hated the ‘Chose Boy’ for glaring at him. Why? She had no idea, but eh, she learned a long time ago to just roll with what her body did.

“Professor Snape, may I inquire as to why you are interrupting my lessons?” Allegra commented smoothly as she glided across the floor to quickly intercept the fuming and brooding teacher. Snape glared down at her and came to a stop, less than a foot away from her.

“I need to speak privately with Mr. Potter.” Snape growled as he looked down at the small teacher.

“And what is so pressing that you must interrupt my class?” Allegra retorted as she smirked up at him. Ah, how she loved to get under his skin.

“That is a private matter.” Snape growled as he tried to step around her, Allegra simply stepping with him, a small smirk on her lips.

“Tell you what Professor Snape, I’ll make you a deal,” she smirked up at him as he narrowed his eyes at her.

“What kind of deal?” he hissed.

“You help me teach these buffoons the Viennese Waltz, and I will give you Mr. Potter for the rest of my class period.” Snape’s glare didn’t lessen as he curtly nodded his head. “Please remove your robs Professor, the students will need to see the way your body moves.” Allegra held in a laugh as he glared ten fold at her, grumbling he began to disrobe. Allegra’s robes were quiet easy to get off, she unclasped a silver ivy leaf from between her collarbones and the blood red robe slid from her body. Swirling her arms she gathered it in one of her arms and threw it at the Weasley twins, both of them catching it. Allegra turned to look at Severus, a smirk landing on her lips as she saw him had one of the Slytherin boys his robes and mutter some threatening words to the boy. Allegra couldn’t help but notice how their underclothing matched slightly, while Severus was in his usual black button up over a white shirt and black pants, Allegra was clad in a three-quarter sleeve black shirt, a long skirt landing a couple inches beneath her knees and in her usual teaching heels.

“Let’s get this over with.” Allegra heard Severus grumble darkly and he stepped back into a low bow and she mimicked him with a curtsey. Severus held out his hand and Allegra accepted, gently he pulled her into him and with a glanced she stopped him from continuing.

“Does everyone see how Professor Snape is positioned?” She asked the class and she could see some students move around so they could see how he was holding her. “His hand in between my shoulder blades, you can also place it a little below that, and his other hand is held about shoulder height, and it is strong, we do not want weak arms.”

“Next for the girl’s position, it is quite simple, your free hand is resting on his shoulder, your elbow will be resting on top of his, your hand should be firm, but not pushing him away, this is how he will direct your movement. Where’s the man’s hand is, you will lean slightly back into his hand, do not worry, you won’t lean enough to fall over if he decides to move his hand.” She leaned back into Severus’ hand and felt the warmth from his hand press into her back, she couldn’t suppress the small shudder that shook her body, but ignored the inquisitor glance that Severus sent her.

“Now for the actual moving part,” she turned back to Severus and smiled. “Slowly please.” He nodded his head and began to turn. “Although hopefully you will speed up from this pace, I want you to see how we move, like the basic waltz, this dance is a give and take between partners. When Professor Snape pulls his shoulder back, through my hand I can feel that he wants me to follow through with my movement in that direction, same if he pushes his shoulder into my hand. The man can also lead by using his other hand, although that is typically for more advanced movement that is faster.”

“Can you show us that Professor?” Hermione called out and Allegra glowered at the wall she was currently facing.

“Shall we speed it up a little for them Professor Snape?” Allegra said smoothly and Severus drew her in closer as he sped up their spinning, tugging gently on her hand to pull her through the circle they were making though out the room. Allegra looked from her awestruck students to her partner, smiling up at him. Her light eyes caught his dark ones and Allegra jumped as a shock went through her body. Stepping away from Severus she slapped on a smile and turned to face her students.

“Alright now I want everyone to try, I will be coming around to help everyone.” They all groaned and got into pairs. “Ah, Mr. Potter,” she called and the scared boy turned to glare at her. “I believe you will be continuing the rest of the period in the company of Professor Snape.”

“But what will my partner do?” he demanded as he stayed rooted next to some random Gryffindor girl.

“I will dance with her, I assure you that I know both parts, now please leave with Professor Snape.” Glaring harshly at Allegra, Harry stomped out of the room, followed by a seemingly satisfied Professor Snape. Sighing Allegra turned back to her class and sighed at the mess she saw, they were slightly getting it, but the footing was all wrong. Growling slightly she opened her mouth to shout at them again.

****


Sighing dramatically Allegra plopped down into her seat at the teacher’s table in the Great Hall, waving her wand at the goblet in front of her, the pumpkin juice instantly started to bubble, changing color until it was a dark red color. Smirking she grabbed the cup and pulled it to her lips, ignoring the glance that Severus shot her.

“I hope you have no detentions to give tonight Professor Allegra.” Albus said from beside her and Allegra took another gulp from her cup. “After all, fire whiskey is quite strong stuff.” She set the cup down and looked at the headmaster, rolling her eyes at him.

“I have no detentions tonight Albus, I plan on retiring to my quarters before desert, it was a very trying day.” The headmaster’s eyes twinkled and Allegra looked away, not wanting to see that knowing gleam in his eyes.

“Oh that reminds me dear, this came for you earlier, but you were not around to accept it, so I thought I would give it to you now.” Albus handed her an envelope and Allegra glared down at the envelope before tearing it open and pulling the letter out from the inside.

Dear Allegra,

I find myself in a position that I must ask for a favor. I have a show in the Netherlands this coming Saturday and my lead back up dancer has broken her foot. You know that I would ask anyone else if I could, but seeing as how you are the one that choreographed the routine for the concert, it would only take more of your time to teach the routine to another person, rather than just have to show up for a night and do it yourself. Please, this is the final show in the tour, and I would ask nothing else of you. Please reply soon.

Sincerely,

Will-I-Am


Groaning Allegra let her head fall onto the table ignoring the pain blossoming in her forehead. Her hand slammed the note down onto the table and she clenched it into her fist. Sure she had nothing planned for Saturday, but Allegra hand wanted to enjoy her weekend off, now she wouldn’t be able to do that. She would do the show Saturday, then that night probably get so shit faced at the after party she would wake up Sunday afternoon in some random guy’s bed with no recollection of what happened that night. It was a cycle, and one that Allegra had never seemed to be able to break.

“Is everything alright Professor Allegra?” Albus placed his hand on her shoulder and Allegra turned her head to smile at him.

“Yes, Albus, it seems however that I will be out of the castle for Saturday and most of Sunday.” She sat up in her seat and downed the rest of her fire whisky.

“Is everything alright?” he pressed and Allegra nodded her head still smiling at him.

“Yes, I think I will retire for the night though.” She stood from her chair and quickly left the Great Hall, unfortunately not hearing the whispered conversation between the headmaster and the potions master.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so yeah I was gonna update yesterday, but after my Graduation I decided I wanted to get completely shit faced, I mean I didn't even wake up until 2pm today XD and then I proceeded to go to another party, but I stayed sober enough to write this.
comment and subscribe
<3