Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 8: Is This Really You Professor?

Allegra yawned contently as she sat up in the bed she was currently in. Preparing herself to face the consequences of drinking too much she looked around the room for the man she went home with last night… she saw no one. Confused she looked down at herself, she was wearing her nightgown, not naked, or wearing another man’s shirt. Blinking slowly she climbed out of bed and let out another loud yawn, leaning her head against the cool stone wall she stood there for a second. Smirking slightly she stumbled towards the door.

“Love when I sleep through the hangover.” She muttered to herself, happy that she hadn’t woken up with a pounding headache, seeing how she had probably drunk enough last night to probably kill a horse. She opened the door and stepped into the room beyond, instantly smacked with how familiar this room was. She stumbled over to one of the arm chairs and looked around the room, for some reason it quite resembled her own rooms at Hogwarts, but they had a less feminine touch, the walls were lined with books and small vials. Shaking her head to clear it she put a hand to the side of her head and groaned softly. Okay so she hadn’t completely slept the hangover off, she curled onto her side and laid her head against the arm of the chair, settling into a trance of looking at the continuous fire in the hearth.

“I see you’re awake again.” A cold voice said from the doorway and Allegra slowly sat up to look at the person who intruded on her blessed silence. She froze as her eyes locked on Severus’ own cold glare and her eyes widened. What the fuck had happened last night!?

“Erm, Severus, what am I doing here? Where is here by the way?” she questioned as she curled into the chair, wrapping her arms around her knees.

“You’re in my rooms.” He said coolly as he strode into the room, setting a large stack of papers onto a desk before he walked over to a cabinet.

“Alright that answered one question, now for the other.” She pressed as he kept his back to her, rummaging through his cabinet. Finally he turned and strode over to her, holding out a green vial.

“It should help with your hangover.” She had taken the vial out of his hand and chugged it before he had even finished. Raising an eyebrow at her he took the vial from her. “As for what you are doing in my rooms, the headmaster thought it be best that I keep watch over you while you were away on your trip, and after you had had your fun for the night I brought you back to Hogwarts.” He said simply, but Allegra narrowed her eyes at his back, she knew what kind of drunk she was, sure she never remembered anything she did, but she always heard the stories from the people that were there and did remember.

“So did I break anything? Get anyone arrested? Sleep with random guys? Kiss any guys?” she noticed the tension hitch higher in his shoulders at the last one and she sighed. “Who did I kiss?” she demanded and he eventually turned back to face her.

“One of the members of the band you were dancing for.” Severus said smoothly and Allegra groaned softly.

“Black guy with no Mohawk?” she asked cringing slightly and Severus nodded his head.

“Fantastic, now I have to tell Will, once again, that we are not a couple.” She buried her face against her knees, not noticing the flash of shock that flickered across Severus’ face. Sighing Allegra righted herself and stood from the chair walking around so she was facing Severus.

“Thank you for coming to get me last night, and I’m sorry if I caused you any trouble.” She smiled at him and quirked her head to the side feeling the lack of a headache. “And thanks for the miracle vial.” She smirked at him once more before leaving the room, quickly covering the distance to her room.

****


“I see you all practiced your waltz.” Allegra said as she watched her double class of Gryffindors and Slytherins waltz around the room, the many varying levels often crashing into one another. Allegra had spent the last few hours of Sunday correcting the essays for her classes, and downing continuous cups of coffee, she may have not had a headache, but her body was still heavy with the feel of alcohol in her blood stream. She found that by Monday the heaviness had lessened, but her body still seemed to drag behind her. Class that day was rather boring, she corrected a few couples, sent another two the infirmary after they fell and hit their heads, talented klutzes.

“Alright you can just talk for the last minutes of class.” She announced as a few minutes remained. There was no way she would let them out early, the last thing she needed was a teacher yelling at her for letting her students run through the halls.

“Is this really you professor?” one of the Gryffindor students asked as they held up a muggle tabloid that had two pictures of her on the cover, one where she was dancing at the concert from Saturday night and the other showing her lip locked with Will-I-Am. Allegra groaned and nodded her head as the hall erupted into whispers.

“Are you really engaged to Will-I-Am?” another Gryffindor questioned and Allegra’s eyes widened.

“What!?” she exclaimed as she shot up from her spot leaning against her desk and stormed over to the girl holding the tabloid, yanking it out of her hands to look at the headline. International choreographer Allegra Sabria engaged to Will-I-Am! More details on page 48 she glared down at the false declaration as she stormed back to her desk right as the bell rang. The classroom emptied in an instant, leaving Allegra to stare down at the tabloid in peace, she growled softly as she turned on her heal and strode towards the Great Hall, classes having started a full hour later today it was now time for dinner.

As soon as Allegra took her spot at the teacher’s table she noticed more stares and pointing than usual and she sighed and shook her head. She stabbed her fork into the chicken on her plate, not bothering to look up as Severus settled into the seat next to her.

“Is everything quite alright Professor Sabria?” Albus questioned and Allegra nodded her head turning to smile sadly at him.

“Yeah, just stupid tabloids spreading lies about me again.” She said softly and turned back to stabbing her dinner.

“If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.” Albus said still looking at her hunched figure and she shook her head, shaking off his concern. Seconds after Albus turned to continue a conversation with a teacher that actually would talk with him an owl landed in front of Allegra. She looked at the large stack of letters in the owl’s beak before she grabbed them and tossed the owl a chunck of chicken. She pulled the string off of the letters and let them fall onto the table, not noticing the one that flitted down to the floor. She picked up the letters one by one looking at their senders, mostly high ranking muggle magazines, a couple of news papers, a couple of TV channels, and a publishing company or two, but nothing from Will. Growling softly she pulled out her wand and flicked a fire on the worthless envelopes before she stood and stormed from the room.

Severus bent over in his chair to retrieve the letter from the floor, dusting it off slightly he turned to look at the sender, it was a letter from a Will, no doubt the Will that Allegra had kissed on Saturday. Feeling curiosity take its hold on him he opened the envelope and pulled the letter out.

Dear Allegra,

I have taken care of the tabloids to the extent that I can right now, we just need time before this whole thing blows over… that is unless you have changed your mind, my proposal will always stand. Anyways, leave this to me, I am sorry to have gotten you caught up in this again.

With all my heart,

Will


Severus glared down at the paper in his hand, molten lava boiled in his stomach and his hand crumpled the letter. This man had caused Allegra trouble, he better damn well fix it! Severus blinked slowly, had he just felt protective over Allegra? Shaking his head he shoved himself to his feet and turned to leave the room.

“Oh Severus!” Albus called and Severus stopped his stalking.

“Yes Albus?” Severus said coolly as he turned to look at the twinkling eyes of the headmaster, never a good sign, always meaning he was going to medal in something he shouldn’t.

“Please keep an eye on Professor Sabria.” His eyes twinkled and his long beard did nothing to hide the smile that was on his lips.

“Yes headmaster.” Severus growled before turning back around and continuing out of the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite possibly the worst chapter ever. This is just a filler, sucked majorly, I know, sorry.
comment and subsribe!
<3