Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 9: Have You Informed Professor Snape of This?

“Good morning Allegra.” Dumbledore greeted as Allegra stepped into his office. Allegra looked around surprised, sure she had been a trouble maker in her time at the school, but she had never been sent to the headmaster’s office….which was really weird now that she thought about it. Why hadn’t Snape ever sent her to the headmaster’s offi-

“Professor Sabria?” Dumbledore pressed, snapping Allegra out of her off track thoughts.

“Oh sorry, headmaster, what can I do for you?” she asked smiling at him as she plopped down into a chair in front of his desk.

“Well as you know, this year Hogwarts is hosting the Tri-Wizard Tournament. And in about two days time the other schools will be arriving, so the school must be completely prepared for their arrival.”

“So you want me to decorate?” Allegra said dryly as she sat back in her seat staring at him evenly.

“Yes, but don’t worry I’ve assigned Severus to help you, you two will be in charge of the dungeons, and keeping the Slytherin’s out of trouble.” He smirked at her, a small twinkle in his eye.

“Alright, have you informed Professor Snape of this?”
“Yes, I talked to him this morning at breakfast.” She could tell he wanted to ask her where she had been that morning, but thankfully he refrained.

“Well if that is everything Albus, I will be heading back to prepare for my class.” She smiled and they stood at the same time, Dumbledore walking around his desk to escort her to the door.

“Once again thank you for coming to help us, Allegra.” He said as he held open the door for her and she placed her hand on his arm.

“It’s nothing Albus, it’s really my pleasure to be able to teach this bunch of dunderheads.” She smiled ruefully and Dumbledore chuckled softly.

“I’ll see you at lunch then.” Allegra quickly descended the stairs, striding through the halls in an attempt to get back to her classroom. Just as she was rounding a corner a body bumped into hers, knocking her to the floor.

“Oh my, Professor, I’m so sorry.” Allegra looked up to see the Potter Trio before her, Harry standing up from the ground and holding his hand out to help up Allegra.

“Potter, Granger, Weasley, what are you tree doing out of class?” Allegra questioned carefully as she heaved herself to her feet, ignoring Harry’s outstretched hand.

“Well…” Ron tailed off scratching the back of his head and Hermione sighed before elbowing Ron’s side. “We went to go see Hagrid.” Ron finished holding his side and glaring over at Hermione.

“Well as fascinating as that is, you three are out of class, I must give you detention.” The three groaned and Allegra glared down at them quickly silencing their complaints. “Tonight after dinner in my classroom.” She continued to glare down at them. “Well, get to class!” she snapped and they jumped before quickly scurrying around her.

“I thought she wouldn’t be a lot nicer, but she’s as bad as the rest of the Professors.” She heard Ron mutter as they scurried away. Rolling her eyes she continued down the hall, making it to her classroom without running into anymore renegade students. Looking at the clock on her desk she saw that she had but a couple minutes before her students would be arriving, but luckily today was not a Gryffindor and Slytherin day. The Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws filled in on time, quickly handed in their essays and grouped together with their partners. She mildly wondered if she had been this complacent when she had been at school before quickly shaking her head, naw, she couldn’t have been a good child in school.

“Alright, review the all of the forms of dance you have learned so far, and then for the last half hour of class we will be learning a new dance.” Silently they complied getting to work. Class went by unrealistically slowly, which is one thing that Allegra didn’t like about this class, at least the Gryffindors and Slytherin’s got into a fight every time they bumped into one another.

“Alright, no essay today, just practice.” She said board as she dismissed the class for that day. Silently she made her way towards the Great Hall, the stack of essays floating in the air after her. Sighing she sat down at the Professor’s table in the Great Hall, the essays landing next to her on the table.

“Bringing your work with you I see.” Albus said smiling over at Allegra as she grabbed some fruit and en essay and getting to work.

“Yes, I have Gryffindor’s and Slytherin’s left to grade and I have to give a detention tonight.” She smiled over at him and he looked at her confused.

“Who did you give detention to, my dear?” he asked looking down as she started to mark the essay with her elegant cursive.

“Potter, Granger, and Weasley, they were ditching class.” Albus smirked at her and she rolled her eyes and continued to eat her fruit and grade at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler, but oh well, that's why you get two updates! the next one is the BOMB!