Status: They come when they come.

The Only Thing I Ask Of You

Bob...

"Hey Bert. So this is Bob?" Gerard asked, tearing me away from Bob's eyes and getting me to let go of his hand. I blushed when I realised how long I'd been staring.

Bert nodded. "Yeah. What the hell was going on with Matt?"

"He's was freaking out because of me," Mikey said quietly from his place against the wall.

Gerard walked over to him and held him tightly. "Don't listen to him Mikes. The place that I hold in my heart for you is none of his business. You know I love you and that I will always protect you." He burried his face in Mikey's hair, holding on tightly to his younger brother.

"I-I love you Gerard," Mikey whispered, burring his face in Gerard's chest.

Wow. It's been a while since Mieky had told Gerard that. And I could tell I was right when Gerard held onto Mikey tighter and smiled. "I love you too my Mikey."

I smiled at the scene in front of me and felt tears come to my eyes, but quickly wipped them away. They were the most perfect example of love I'd ever seen. I heard sniffing and turned to look at Bob. He was also wipping tears from his eyes and he had a huge smile on his face.

I felt my heart rate speed up at the sight of that smile. It was so big and it seemed to light up his whole face. It was beautiful. I shook my head. What the hell was I thinking? I just got married and I'm thinking about how a guy I just met was beautiful. .....Well he is.

I saw Bob's eyes flicker back to Gerard and Mikey and I saw a spark of recongnision in those deep blue eyes. He looked back at me and I saw the question he wanted to ask.

I nodded my head towards the kitchen, indicating him to follow me.

"Frankie," he said as soon as we were out of earshot of everybody.

I could feel my face getting hot as he said my nickname. It sounded so good coming from his lips. I shook my head rapidly. Knock it off, Frank.

"You okay?" He asked, his eyes showing concern.

I smiled. He cares about me. "Yeah, I'm okay."

He smiled back and glanced at Mikey and Gerard. "What that guy said earlier, are they together?"

I shook my head. "No. But...." I trailed off. I didn't know if I should tell him, we just met.

"It's okay. I'm not the type to pass judgment if that's what you're thinking."

I hung my head in shame. "I'm sorry Bob. I didn't mean for it to seem like that."

He put two fingers under my chin and slowly lifted my head up, locking our eyes. "I understand Frankie. We just met. I don't expect you to tell me your friends secrets, I was just curious."

"It's okay Bob. I...I feel like I can trust you with this. Mikey loves Gerard. And he has for a while now, but he's afraid that if he tells Gerard, he won't want anything to do with him anymore. He's been hiding this for five years now and he won't admit it, but it's killing him and I'm worried about him."

Bob nodded. "I understand. But I don't think he has anything to worry about. I see the way Gerard looks at Mikey and it looks like the feeling's mutual."

"I know, but niether of them will admit it. Gerard doesn't even know that I know what he feels for Mikey. And both of them are so damn stubborn. No matter how many times I tell Mikey he has to tell him he just won't do it. I don't know what to do." I felt a tear of sadness and frustration run down my face. I was about to wipe it away when I felt Bob's caloused, but soft, thumb wipe it away. My eyes fluttered closed and I let out a soft sigh of contempt.

I expected his hand to move when I sighed, but it never did. He put his entire hand on my face, softly cupping my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked into his. I wanted to kiss him so badly. And at that point, I was so happy that we were behind the fridge so no one could see us. I lifted my hand to the one he had on my face and grasped it tightly, leaning in slightly as he did the same.

"Frankie," he whispered.

The sound of his voice made my eyes close again and I had to refrain from moaning. But then, I felt him stop. I opened my eyes and saw that he was staring at my hand. Right at my wedding ring.

"You're married?" He asked softly.

I nodded, wanting to cry. "Yeah," I whispered. "Just recently."

"Lucky girl," he whispered back, not taking his eyes off the ring.

"Yeah. Yeah lucky girl." My eyes flickered to his face and I couldn't read the emotion he was portraying. "Bob, I-"

He put his finger to my lips and smiled. "Shhh. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone what you told me."

"Bob-" I tried again.

He shook his head. "We have a long tour ahead of us. I'd like to get to know you more if I could."

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded. I was just so happy he didn't hate me.

His smile widened. "Good. I'll see u soon then." And with that, he gave my hand one final squeeze and stepped back in the living area of the bus.

I felt like I hadn't been breathing. I started breathing heavily as I slid down the side of the fridge. What the hell just happened?