Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

A Memory To Burn

Billie Joe woke up about an hour before she did. Instead of getting ready like he should, he decided to lay there and watch her for a while. As she slept, he gently ran his fingers on her cheek and down her neck. He smiled as a light grin appeared across her face. He stared at her lips a little longer, and eventually diverted his attention to the ceiling as he tried to remember every step of their relationship up to this particular moment. She looked just as beautiful this morning as she did the first time they met. He went over the events that had taken place so long ago in his mind almost everyday. Especially on days like these when his departure lingered in the air as soon as he woke up. He knew he should be going, they were on their way to pick him up probably right at that very second. But he just couldnt bring himself to get out of bed knowing that this would be the last time he woke up in his own bed with his wife lying silently yet beautifully at his side for a long time. And that was hard enough to keep him permanently glued to the bed waiting for something to pry him loose.
Just then there was a muffled voice.
"Billie Joe?"
He turn suddenly and smiled immediately as his wife woke up with a confused look on her face.
"Billie!" She said again, but this time a little more frantic. "Fuck Its like 11:42," as she looked at the clock, "Billie, You are gonna be late, have you even packed?"
She at up looking around searching for his bags.
He looked at her adoringly then sat up and kissed her. "I was hoping if I forgot to pack I wouldnt have to go," Billie said dejectedly. She smiled then rested her forehead upon his, as she secretly had been hoping the same thing.
"Life's a bitch," She said jokingly, as he closed his eyes and cupped her cheek with one hand and gently stroked her hair with the other.
They sat there for an undisclosed amount of time, just trying to use every second they had left to paint a permanent picture of their lives together, hoping to burn it into their minds.
Just then they heard the bell, they were here. Billie got up quickly and ran in the closet, grabbed a pile of clothes, and threw them into a dirty laundry bag. He got dressed quickly then stopped and stared at his wife one more time.
"Sage" He said softly, "I guess I have to go."
Sage got up and kissed him passionately . He wrapped his arms around her, almost as if he never wanted to let go. She pulled her lips away from his and gave him look of pure love.
"I'll be here waiting for you," She said amorously. "But you have to go. So be the stronger one, and suck it up, because if you start crying Ill break down completely, and I would hate that. Spare me the embarrassment, and let me cry once you leave and I know Im alone," Sage said with an attempted smile, but failed miserably. He smiled once more, and gave her one last kiss.
"I love you... is an understatement," Billie said as his grip on her loosened slightly.
He turned with great effort and walked out of the door, leaving Sage with just the memory shed burnt in her mind seconds ago.