Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Why Can't I Be Near Her

After that night, you and Brittany found a new respect for each other. When she hugged you, you remembered what it was like to have a best friend. It felt good to have her by your side again.
Though you didn't tell her why you were crying, she didnt care, she just wanted you to be happy.
-------------------------------------------
It was March, and the album was completely finished. It had been three months since Billie left and you hadn't spoken to him since. It was painful, but you were stubborn, and would never give in.
Finally, the album was slated for release. The single had been chosen, and you, Brittany, and Sam were busy finding a director and a good idea for your first video.
The launch party for the album was on Friday, March 11.
When the three of you arrived, there was a huge picture of the album cover hanging over a stage. The party was being held at some expensive hotel. You guys felt more then a little uncomfortable. As soon as you walked through the doors, your were rushed to mingle with the guests. After a while though, you were feeling sick, and wanted to leave. Paul told you you'd just have to stick it out, because the band still had to perform. You walked away angrily, and crashed into a waiter. He gave you an annoyed look, and began walking away. But you walked quickly over to him, and grabbed one of the drinks he was holding.
"I'll take this," You said, as you reached for it. He gave you a disapproving look, then walked away. You drank it quickly, then went to get another. If you had to stay there, you didn't want to remember it in the morning. Five glasses later, you were sitting at a table near the back of the ballroom. Every once and a while, some one would come back to congratulate you, but other then that, you were all by yourself. It didn't bother you though. You were used to it by then.
You weren't sure how much you drank, or even what time it was, when you found yourself outside the hotel, puking. It was so cold, you were shivering. But just then, you felt someone put a coat over your shoulders. You fell to the ground, and sat there on your knees, throwing up. As soon as you were finished, you started to cry. The person who had put the jacket on you, was rubbing your back now. Then things started to get hazy. The last thing you remembered was someone picking you up, and carrying you away.
-------------------------------------------
When you woke up, you were in your bed. It was noon already, and you were having a killer hangover. There was a black jacket laying beside you, and on top of it there was a flower. It was dead, and looked like it had been through the wash. You picked it up, and stared at it for a couple seconds, before noticing that someone else was awake. Brittany was sitting on the couch eating cereal, when she noticed you had woken up.
"Hey, why did you leave last night? Paul was so pissed. He had to cancel our performance." She said. The two of you had been on slightly better terms lately, but she never let up on criticizing your songs. But now she moved on to making fun of the way you stand while your playing, also.
"I was so trashed. Besides, didn't you bring me home?" You asked confused.
"Uh.. No. You just disappeared, so I figured you took a cab home." She answered.
You thought back to the night before. Someone had to have brought you home, because you definitely didn't take a cab home.
--------------------------Rewind to the night before (Third Person)-----------------------------
Billie Joe stood outside the hotel, staring at the door. He had planned on going in to see her, but when he arrived he seemed to have lost all his nerve. So he just stood there frozen, watching the launch party from outside the building. How he longed to just go in there and talk to her, to hear her voice. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. So he stood there, waiting.
Then all of the sudden he heard something around the corner. He turned around, and saw Sage slumped up against the side of the building. She started shivering, so he ran over to her and placed his jacket around her shoulders. Then she fell down to her knees, and threw up. As she did this, he pulled her hair back, and gently rubbed her shoulder. But as she sat back up, he noticed she was crying. Her face was damp with tears. Billie Joe gently lifted her to her feet and kissed the back of her head. And just as she was about to fall over, he put one arm underneath her knees and another under her neck, and carefully picked her up. Billie carried her to his car, and placed her in the front seat. By now, she had passed out. He almost wanted to take her to his apartment, but thought better of it. When he got to the stairs leading up to her apartment, she began to stir. He was still carrying her, so when she opened her eyes, they were inches away from his. She reached up and cupped his cheek with her hand, which made him smile. He turned his head and kissed her fingertips. He missed her. Billie closed his eyes, and pressed his forehead upon hers. She still had her hand on his face, and didn't want to let go.
"Billie.." She whispered. She was hardly even awake, and her voice shook when she spoke.
"Yeah.. It's me." He whispered back. She just smiled, and then passed out once again. He looked at her for a couple seconds, hoping she'd wake up. He wanted to kiss her. But decided he should just let her rest.
When he finally got her upstairs, he laid her down on her bed, and covered her with the sheets. Then he remembered the flower he had intended to give her when he first went to the party. It was in his pocket now, and when he pulled it out, it was dead. He set his jacket down beside her on the bed, and placed the flower on top of it. Then he bent down and kissed her forehead. She smiled a little in her sleep, then rolled over to her side. He knew he should probably leave, but he couldnt bring himself to do it. So instead, he laid down on her other side, and stared at the ceiling. This was where he wanted to stay. This is where he belonged. He wanted to wake up in this position every morning for the rest of his life. But after a while he realized that he shouldn't be there. So he kissed her forehead once more, and then got up to leave.
Just as he was opening the door, he heard her saying something. She was talking through her sleep. He stood there and listened for a couple seconds. She wasn't speaking in clear sentences, and most of it made no sense whatsoever. But Billie swore he heard her say "I miss you" more then once.
He just smiled, and then left.
-----------------------------------------------
"Sage, if you could tune your fucking guitar, maybe the song would sound good for once." Brittany practically yelled from behind her drum set.
The three of you were doing a sound check for your gig later that night. This was the most important show youd ever played. Tomorrow the album was coming out, and in the crowd tonight was all the fans you needed to impress, who would hopefully buy the CD.
"Brittany- Do me a favor and keep to banging on those circles in front of you, and leave the music to us.." You said coldly. You knew the drums were just as important as the guitar, but you were in no mood to be nice to Brittany. She gave you a sneer, and then went back to tightening the Bass Drum. But just as you turned around, you felt something hard hit your shoulder and bounce off towards the ground. You looked back angrily and saw one of her drumsticks laying in front of you, and Brittany walking away in the back round.
Sam was silent the whole time, but she did run over and press on your shoulder after Brittany walked off stage. She pushed you back, knowing you were about to strangle Brittany, and said, "Lets just get this show over with."